“Just a fantastic little restaurant...”
Review of Barracuda Restaurant - CLOSED

Barracuda Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: **This restaurant have moved locations. It is now known as BARRACUDA @ The Wharf.**
“Just a fantastic little restaurant...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Our best meal in Samui. This was just beautiful. I had the beef - perfectly prepared. The German chef clearly knows his balance of flavours. My wife had the bass. The chocolate dessert was amazing - a really restrained flavour - just perfect. We would have gone back a second time, except that the menu has quite a seafood emphasis, and I don't eat seafood. That only left one alternative for me (I think) which was the lamb - looked beautiful, but just not enough variety for the second visit. The owner is friendly, talkative but not overbearing. Also, if you go on a Thursday night - there are great night markets just across the main road! A great way to walkover your dinner! Highly recommended...

Brighton
“Couldn't fault it!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

When you get bored of chicken satay this is the place to come! Amazing food, great value and impeccable service. Not a place you would visit as its off the beaten track but this adds to its charm and authenticity. A must visit on samui, great welcome, great wine, a lovely quaint restaurant with a refreshing twist on Thai food. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
“Brilliant, all round...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Our best meal in Samui. This was just beautiful. I had the beef - perfectly prepared. The German chef clearly knows his balance of flavours. My wife had the bass. The chocolate dessert was amazing - a really restrained flavour - just perfect. We would have gone back a second time, except that the menu has quite a seafood emphasis, and I don't eat seafood. That only left one alternative for me (I think) which was the lamb - looked beautiful, but just not enough variety for the second visit. The owner is friendly, talkative but not overbearing. Also, if you go on a Thursday night - there are frat night markets just across the main road! A great way to walkover your dinner! Highly recommended...

Sydney, Australia
“It is number 1 for a reason!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a must if visiting Koh Samui!!!

We ate there last night and were the first ones in the resteraunt which opens at 1830.

It would be advisable to book as there are only 18 seats in Barakkuda and they were booked out last night.

We shared a Amazingly decadent entree Duck Tortellini... We both could have ate this as a main course serve. It seriously melted in your mouth.

For main my other half had the River Prawn Spagetti and I had the Duck with Cherry sauce. They were both as splendid as each other...

For desert you must try the Chocolate Lava cake in both white and dark chocolate! The white was probably one of the best deserts that we have ever had!

The staff were fantastic along with the owner making you feel welcome and at home in his resteraunt.

As I said this is a must if visiting Koh Samui...

Thankyou for such a lovely dinner!

• Visited July 2013
Zurich
“You can feel the dedication”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The German chef brought high standart cusine to Koh Samui.

Its a pleasure to see the kitchen staff working in the open kitchen. No doubt there is german perfection behind it..The food was great , as well as the service. What you get legitimate the price!

Make a reservation! It will be confirmed within a short time!