“Always great food at Angela's”

Angela's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #34 of 116 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Angelas Bakery is now know as Angelas Diner, same owner with many of the same baked goods but now reflecting a change in menu style. Really not suitable for small children.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been coming to Angela's for years, never been disappointed. The apple pie, the salads, the bagels and cakes, and of course the breakfasts, it's my favourite place to meet with friends.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We are great lovers of Thai food, but also great lovers of the traditional breakfast fry up and one morning when the craving was too much to handle, we found exactly what we were looking for at Angela's. We had a great English breakfast which was more than enough even for my pig of a boyfriend who normally always complains that portions are too small. The service was fine and friendly as was Angela the owner, who convinced us to come back to try her home made corned beef. Well I'm glad she did because normally in Birmingham corned, beef comes out of a tin, but not here it really is home made. We both had what she called a Ruben sandwich and it was amazing, I wont tell you what's in it, go & try one for yourself, you'll be very happy that you did. When we go back to Koh Samui, we will definitely go to Angela's again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was reccommended this place by the owner of Apples Spa Experience because I said I was missing western food and boy he was right. Angelas bakery food is awesome. I really enjoyed the food staff very friendly & decor very cool you can see alot of thought has gone into this place. Met the owner Angela very nice lady I'll be back

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ok, we are from the States and always love a good breakfast since it is the most important meal of the day.
We have heard good things about this place from Tripadvisor and some folks from the W Resort where we are staying. We decide to go (and excited about it).
We get there, the place is empty. No one in site except my wife and I.
We look at the menu and it looked promising and decided to order.
Ambiance - I am from South Carolina and it has that southern hospitality feel from a decoration perspective, but from the owner who was there did not say one word and looked unhappy to be there. The entire time we were addressed by one of her waitstaff. (considering we were the only customers). We have been to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and now Koh Samui and everyone was pretty attentive and checking on their customers. So I would grade their service from the owner an F (only b/c we were the only customers in there).

Food - Had the typical breakfast of eggs and meat (sausage and bacon).
Eggs were not that good, the bread wasn't that great (what they are known for), and the bacon taste like rubber. We all know bacon is like chocolate. Their bacon not so much. I recommend staying away from bacon here.
Being a Thai Place, how do you not have Thai Coffee (with the condensation milk)?
Food Grade: F

Price for food was a tad bit expensive for Koh Samui or Thailand for that matter.
Price grade: D

There are plenty of other places that are near Angela's that are much better.

1  Thank Amencias
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Angela's Bakery and Cafe now titled Angela's Diner is a treat for anyone who has spent too much time spent in the main tourist areas of Chaweng and Lamai. A great looking place with a cafe style and decor very reminiscent of a Paris Bistro or UK/USA country bakery cafe. Angela and her staff are polite and friendly helpful people who in addition to good service are quite helpful in offering advice on or about Samui.

The place is quite spacious yet cosy with great air conditioned + fans within the internal dining space or air fanned cooled external dining area with overhead cover. Very comfortable and a respite from the Samui heat and some of the heavy downpours you may experience here. There is a yester-year feel to the place with the walls adorned with art work and pictures usually found and seen in many Cafe Bistros, Diners from as far as the USA and Europe of that era. Quite stylish by anything I have seen in Samui.

The food here is excellent and Angela's expertise of producing fresh baked goods is second to none on this Island. Superb breakfast choices and Sunday roast dinners are available here. You can sit there, chill, read, work on a laptop (no wi fi) and eat great food as well as order and take away great home baked goods. Inclusive of superb bread, scones, sausage rolls and an array of cakes, sandwiches..home made pickled beetroot...and soon Scotch eggs. Not for weight watchers, ha ha, but Angela does produce superb lighter options in various sandwiches, soups and salads and an array of fresh fruit drinks, teas and coffee's.

Angela and her staff quite obviously take pride in their work and this is evident in the look of this place, immaculately clean both in the bathrooms and the dining areas this place sets very high pristine standards set against the best that is found on Samui. Very popular with non resident ex pats, it is very much worth a visit especially if you are self catering where by you can order and stock up some nice home food comforts. Try an order the day before as the produce quickly goes or get there early and go straight to the large glass fronted fridges at the rear of the dining area to see whats available. Great for both single travellers and families with additional young child chairs available.