We had 6 nights at the Samui Native Resort and Spa. Like most of the reviews there are pros and cons however considering the cost of the rooms then expectations need to be realistic. Our stay was very nice and relaxed. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was perfectly acceptable. Our room was large, air conditioning worked, the grounds with the hammocks are relaxing and it was quiet.
We rented a bike from the hotel and unfortunately had an accident on it. Andy, the owner was more concerned with our welfare (just scratches and bruised pride) than the bike. We had broken both mirrors and scratched the bike and we were expecting a hefty bill. To our delight (and frankly amazement considering some of the moped hire horror stories we have heard) Andy just charged us cost price (under £10) to replace the broken parts.
The location isn't the best - a 10-15 minute walk into town - but the town itself is nice and offers a quiet beach, great views and a choice of eateries.
We ate at the hotel in the evening several times and it was nice and cheap.
This is a nice budget place to stay and we would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Samui Native Resort - An idyllic Resort in SamuiThe Samui Native Resort draws inspiration from Family “to find inner peace,” and the resort in Samui is dedicated to guiding its guests on a journey of calm, pleasure and the satisfaction of reconnection to the self.The history of this charming Samui resort is one of family, friendship and care, creating a resort, of unique design and close personal intimacy. At The Samui Native Resort Ko Samui, a guest’s preconceptions of a Samui hotel and a Thailand holiday are transformed into an experience of union, sociability, and unimagined pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Samui Native Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Native Hotel Mae Nam
- Samui Native Resort And Spa Ko Samui, Thailand