This place is lovely. It's only a ten minute walk from the town but it's in the jungle ! There is a great swimming pool surrounded by a large jasmine hedge ( smells fab ) and the whole area is filled with lush tropical vegetation. The rooms are all semi detached bungalows, containing large bedrooms with fridge, a kettle and huge bed. They were cleaned every couple of days, although we received fresh towels daily. Our bathroom was open at one side into the jungle. Unlike the bedroom which had air con, the bathroom was very hot and there were quite a few mosquitoes around. We lit citronella tapers, stuck in an empty coke can to guard against being bitten ! One night I saw a massive spider which was very unnerving, although my husband was unconcerned ! The noise of the jungle at night is unbelievably loud but didn't disturb our sleep. The shower was warm, not hot but adequate. The restaurant served a nice breakfast, and we rented a scooter for 180tb. On the nights we walked into town, we were glad we'd taken torches. There's a shop nearby which sells cheap beers, snacks etc., The beach is fabulous. Not crowded at all, and only one friendly hawker, selling fresh fruit. In the town, there's a couple of 7/11 stores, lots of souvenir, handicrafts and other shops, restaurants and a few ATMs. The main road is quite busy so be careful if you rent a scooter. It's only twenty minutes or so to to Chaweng, which is very touristy and loud. There are taxis (songthews) going up and down the road all the time. All in all, a great, reasonably priced place to stay - if you don't mind spiders ! Well, it IS in the jungle !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Samui Native Resort - An idyllic Resort in SamuiThe Samui Native Resort draws inspiration from Family “to find inner peace,” and the resort in Samui is dedicated to guiding its guests on a journey of calm, pleasure and the satisfaction of reconnection to the self.The history of this charming Samui resort is one of family, friendship and care, creating a resort, of unique design and close personal intimacy. At The Samui Native Resort Ko Samui, a guest’s preconceptions of a Samui hotel and a Thailand holiday are transformed into an experience of union, sociability, and unimagined pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samui Native Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Native Hotel Mae Nam
- Samui Native Resort And Spa Ko Samui, Thailand