The "Sea" is a new Spa resort (opened in May 2009) comprising of self-contained rooms and villas. We stayed in a well maintained sea facing room that included all necessary appliances (including washing machine/dryer). Our balcony included a jacuzzi too. The only issue was the lack of hanging clothing storage space. The balcony was also small with no room for sitting outside. I do not think this is an issue for all sea facing rooms.
Staff were execellent, always helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was ok and there is nice sea facing restaurant adjacent to the hotel that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try the Spa too - plenty of treatments.
The location is absoulely superb for those looking for a tranquil location. At times there is hardly a person on the beach. One can walk from the spotless pool area straight on to the beach where you you will find warm crystal waters. The north west coast has a reef close to shore and may contribute to the lack of people there compared to other more commercialised areas of Samui.
Would recommend hiring a car. There are not enough resturants/bars close to the resort and too far to walk to. The island has plenty to offer should you want to explore.
We are planning to go back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally conceived as luxury private villa residences, The Sea Koh Samui Resort & Spa has been transformed into a unique boutique resort offering unmatched space and style for those looking for a tropical island getaway with a difference. THE VILLAS are all designed with easy tropical living in mind and aim to create the atmosphere of a home from home rather than a hotel room. Furnished and decorated with elegance and style combining a blend of Asian and Western influences THE VILLAS LIVE AND BREATHE luxury from the teak wood floors to the quality silk and cotton fabrics used throughout. In the gardens, hundred year old frangipani trees line the walkway from the lobby to the 20 meter salt water pool by the beach where you can while away the hours on a longer in perfect bliss and harmony with the natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Sea Koh Samui Boutique Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sea Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- The Sea Koh Samui Boutique Resort & Residences Ko Samui, Thailand