We stayed in a large 2-bedroom room that was more like a condo. Big, comfortable with all the luxuries that a travel could need. Best of all it had a full size washer and dryer. The front desk staff was fantastic and tried to address all of our needs. The property is very nice, and quiet. Just what my family needed. It is perfect for travelers with a car or those that do not mind spending 400-750 baht on a taxi (each way) to get to your destination. The property seems to have more of an adult crowd, however, there seemed to be plenty of kids enjoy the resort. The pool and beach are very nice, however, it is not a swimming beach (too many rocks).
The Bad – We had a very disastrous dinner in their restaurant, slow, and non-attentive service with bad tasting and overpriced food. I notified the front desk manager the next day and she apologized and said that she would pass our experience on to the food and beverage manager. A few days later, just as I was checking out, the manager apologized, stated they would not comp any part of the dinner, but would use this as a learning experience for his staff. What a bunch of [--]! How dare they take our money, give us terrible service and bad food that is over priced, waste our time, and make us part of their training program. We rate their restaurant 0 out of 5 stars. If you are hungry, try the beachfront restaurant right next door.
Bottom line is, yes I would stay there again, but would never eat in their restaurant again.
Dinning tip – Not too far away is the Barracuda. It has to be one of the best restaurants on the island. The food and service are excellent, and they really pay attention to all the little details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally conceived as luxury private villa residences, The Sea Koh Samui Resort & Spa has been transformed into a unique boutique resort offering unmatched space and style for those looking for a tropical island getaway with a difference. THE VILLAS are all designed with easy tropical living in mind and aim to create the atmosphere of a home from home rather than a hotel room. Furnished and decorated with elegance and style combining a blend of Asian and Western influences THE VILLAS LIVE AND BREATHE luxury from the teak wood floors to the quality silk and cotton fabrics used throughout. In the gardens, hundred year old frangipani trees line the walkway from the lobby to the 20 meter salt water pool by the beach where you can while away the hours on a longer in perfect bliss and harmony with the natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sea Koh Samui Boutique Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sea Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- The Sea Koh Samui Boutique Resort & Residences Ko Samui, Thailand