“Very good service, nice view, good design”

W Retreat Koh Samui
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Hong Kong, China
“Very good service, nice view, good design”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I got a chance to have a hotel tour in the W Retreat on 6th May 2014, walking around the hotel and also went inside the room. Very impressive of the room design and also the WOOBAR. Experienced the nice sunset view at the beach. Also had a great dinner at Namu the Japanese restaurant with nice view and reasonable price for dinning.
Be sure I will choose W Retreat when I travel to Samui next time. And highly recommend this hotel for those who is planning to visit Samui.
And special thanks to the W Retreat staff Momo for showing us around the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
WRetreat, General Manager at W Retreat Koh Samui, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Rumjahn Z

So glad to hear you had the opportunity to take a look around and enjoy dinner at Namu.

We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Koh Samui.

All the best,

Brian Segrave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Samui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This is the second year running that we have spent 7 nights at this stunning hotel in a very special location. Nothing is too much trouble for the excellent team that Brian Segrave has assembled around him and as a guest you are made to feel special. Cleanliness is immaculate, the quality of the two bars are great with the Woo bar being one of the coolest anywhere in the world. We cannot recommend this any higher than by saying this was the second year running that we have been and hope to make it three in a row. Absolutely first class. Thank you to all the team.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian

Many thanks for your review, I trust the onward travels went well. The team enjoyed having you both with us again. I appreciate you pointing out the retreat cleanliness, K Nat works very hard to keep things tip-top and appreciates you noticing.

The WooBar team sends along their best and we look forward to hosting you both again next year.

All the best,

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was hesitant to write this review because I loved this hotel so I will write two separate reviews for the W Retreat Koh Samui.

5 star for the resort
First, the resort itself and hospitality were excellent. The room was beautiful and very welcoming. I loved our suite. The service was great. The venue and the atmosphere were beautiful. The food was very delicious. Overall, as a honeymoon spot, it is definitely a great place to relax and enjoy. My family and friends were very impressed at the resort amenities. Beautiful W Retreat! We had breakfast in bed and that was awesome. We also enjoyed the away spa treatment! A must!!! We felt so pampered like royalty and we felt very refreshed. Also had a sunset dinner on the beach which was perfect! Our hostess went above and beyond catering to us for the whole night. She was very friendly and was always there to refill our beverages or serve us anything we may need.

2 star for Wedding Service
Second review is about how the W wedding service was not as I expected. I booked my wedding a year before the big day. I went through 4 different planners with the W because they left the W. Imagine planning your big day via email and having to go through 4 different planners hoping all the details you've coordinated was not missed. Unfortunately, because of this, it caused a lot of issues up until the week before my wedding. I had high expectation for the wedding coordinator from the W because it's the W hotel's quality of service. Major mishap, I found out my wedding officiant was double booked 3 weeks before my wedding. Imagine being told that you may have to move your wedding time earlier or find a new officiant. My fiancé was promised to have a room for him and his groomsmen to change in the day of the wedding and was told the day before the wedding that it was not possible. Luckily, my family and friends stayed at the resort next door. There were many details that didn't work out for the wedding as much as I had hoped it would have gone smoothly. I regret not hiring a wedding planner to assist me but I did not require any specific programs so I did not think it was necessary. My wedding was simple in a sense that it was just the ceremony and the dinner reception only, no dancing and no additional entertainment. However, I do love the venue for my wedding, my wedding video and photographs. The W may have been such a busy resort for weddings that may have added to the confusion or them being disorganized. The day of coordination went okay. However, I do want to leave this review for destination wedding brides so that they are aware. I took a risk in booking my big day here because it's so beautiful and I'm such a detailed planner myself that I thought a wedding planner was not necessary. However, if you're far away and the planning/booking of the services are out of your hands, I would recommend hiring an external wedding planner who is dedicated to you and will cater to your needs and wants.

Also, please check the safe deposit box before you check out. We mistakenly forgot to since it's conveniently hidden from the cabinet. Upon checkout, we were told the safe was unlock and empty which I complimented and impressed that they checked and informed us. Due to our hectic schedule, we were at the airport for our flight and couldn't find our passports. My husband ended up missing his flight to look for our passports which we found out the next day, it was locked in the safe deposit in our W suite.

Overall the hotel itself, it is very beautiful. I would definitely recommend for a honeymoon or a relaxing vacation. I wished it had been a different experience for us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel is amazing! The best hotel of my life....everything was great, the room was spacious, bed and the sheets were super comfortable, big bathroom with 2 showers and bathtub...and having private pool inside the room was one of a kind experience...one day in future we will come back and I already can't wait!!!

Room Tip: choose bungalows that are on the hill, maybe you need little bit more to walk to the beach but the v...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our visit in April of this year was our second and although we were not staying here the straff are always wonderfully helpful and it is an amazing place to come and watch the night sky. The food is delicious and although priced to the Western markets it is not excessively expensive.

Well worth a visit !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DAAD1978
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

If you are visiting Samui you need to go for sunset cocktails at The W - absolutely stunning place and beautiful surroundings. The cocktail bar on the beach is where to head. We had martini cocktails and gin and tonics - all served perfectly - but the best bit which we hadn't initially realised is that the drinks were 2 for 1 at that time!

Wow Wow Wow!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lordnewark
WRetreat, General Manager at W Retreat Koh Samui, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear lordnewark,

So glad to hear you enjoyed Happy Hour at Sip- 4:30pm to 6:30pm daily.

Sunset is around 6:20pm this time of year

Mark you calendars :-)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very comfortable and clean stylish hotel. Easy to get around the island from here. Beautiful restaurant and right Ion the beach. Great for a weekend or a long stay. . Stayed here several times and will definetly be back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jane,

Many thanks for your super review, we particularly appreciate hearing from our repeat guests.

Hope to have you back with us soon again,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#2 of 187 in Bophut
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,519 reviews
Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui

Been to W Retreat Koh Samui? Share your experiences!