W Koh Samui
Belmond Napasai(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$312
Fair House Villas & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$91
$81
Agoda.com
Baan Fah Resort Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$41
$32
Agoda.com
Samui Buri Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$80
$67
Agoda.com
Paradise Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$77
$75
Hacienda Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$32
Official Site
Pinnacle Resort Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$88
$57
Trip.com
Florist Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$31
$23
Code(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$110
$87
Trip.com
Santiburi Koh Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
$395
$382
Travelocity
1,205 results
All reviewswoo barjapanese restaurantw retreatsweet spottropical oasissip barkitchen tableprivate poolocean view escapew insiderkoh samuioutdoor showerfree ice creamocean frontbuggy servicef bour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went to the W because our experience at W Barcelona was so fantastic we thought this would be great too. It really was the best holiday ever.
Rooms- We stayed in the Ocean view escape on the hill. The room was absolutely fantastic. We had really spacious room, great big comfy bed, huge bathroom, beautiful views of Koh Phangnan, big writing desk, Samsung telly and sound system, outdoor and indoor showers, huge bath and of course the massive ten metre long pool. Also complementary WIFI throughout the entire resort.
Service- The best service I've ever had in a hotel. Whatever/Whenever is really great. In breakfast you get actually served and the staff always remember what you like to have to drink. The buggy service is really fab and makes it easier to get round the resort. We went to the main pool all the time and Thing at the pool was always really attentive.
Food- There are lots of things to choose from to eat here. The Kitchen Table does a brilliant breakfast (best waffles ever) and it does great evening meals as well. Also there is Woobar were you can order things like pizzas and burgers and stuff like that (best burger and pizza I've ever eaten.) and on Fridays 18.00-late is Mojito madness where you can have as many mojitos as you want. Sip bar on the beach is beautiful. Stunning views of sunsets and the island. Beanbag loungers so comfy you could sleep on them. We stayed here over Christmas so on Christmas Eve we had a Christmas dinner buffet at The Kitchen Table. It was delicious. Everything was spot on. On Christmas Day we went to Namu. It was really outstanding food. It was the best sushi I have had. If you go there, sit at the bar and watch them make the food.
Location: It is a great location. You can just go to the the beach all day and lounge around in your own pool and then if you like going out at night then go to Fisherman's Village. It is only five mins away from hotel. There are loads of shops, bars, restaurants and there is a beach too. Definitely recommend it here.
Perfect place and I would definitely want to stay again.
Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on the hill are really fab, you get amazing views.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chicken165
WRetreat, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hello Chicken165,

First of all, thank you for such a "heavenly" review of your recent stay with us.

It sounds like you really connected with the Retreat like we hope most guests do. I am thrilled to hear that you found our villas and venues fantastic. However I am most excited to read that our signature Whatever/Whenever approach to service really managed to transform your stay into something extraordinary.

And yes, Robert and his culinary team have been gradually transforming our menus over recent months and there are more and more exciting dishes to try in the various areas. Everything from his signature gourmet cones at Woobar to his mouth watering beach BBQ offerings on Saturday afternoons. I see you also found my favourite new spot at the Retreat...our new beanbag chairs on the beach at SIP are to die for. Not surprisingly, we have to wake some guests up in time to appreciate the sunset martinis!

And thank you for highlighting our location on the island. As I often mention here, our location is really the best of both worlds...isolated enough so that you feel exclusive on our northern peninsula location where Bophut Bay meets Maenam Bay. However we are a short taxi ride (or complimentary shuttle bus ride) away from all the activity of Fishermans Village or the local town of Chaweng. As said, the best of both worlds for sure.

So thank you again for your review and I sincerely hope that your 2013 is off to a flying start and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were staying on a different part of the island however after seeing the beauty of the photos we had to stop for drinks. What a night it was and the property is beautiful beyond words. We sat in one of those sunken sofas in the water and enjoyed amazing drinks courtesy of Nong (?) and Gift who were incredibly charming and nice and made our experience there exceptional. We can't wait to come back to stay at the resort and see our now new friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grant L
WRetreat, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Hello Grant L

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your W Retreat Koh Samui experience.

It sounds like you loved the new changes at Woobar where we have lifted the bar even higher for our incredible bar overlooking the Gulf Of Thailand. Our newly designed sunken loungers are even more comfortable than before. In fact they are so comfortable, it becomming a challenge for us to find more and more seating for the numebr of guests we now have visiting us.

Great to hear that Khun Nong and Khun Gif were standout performers. With the new styling and energy of Woobar, its great to have amazing talent to match the surroundings.

I sincerely hope you will reach out to me when it comes to your next Samui escape and hopefully I can help you to experience even more of the Retreat.

Until then, wishing you a fantastic 2013.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I spent few nights in the retreat and I have to say everything was flawless, clean room, friendly employees (always smiling & greeting), everyone is very attentive and willing to help you. It is an ideal place to relax and forget about the hassle and bussle of the city, delicious food, I thoroughly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: hundreds of Martini's and other fantastic drinks at the beach bar
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlessandroGuangzhou

Hello AlessandroGuangzhou,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about W Retreat Koh Samui.

Happy to know that you had a great time, and found our SIP beach bar enjoyable. Our team at SIP are always on hand to create something special so that you can lay back and enjoy the views of Maenam and Bophut Bays.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year ahead and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Warm wishes

Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's a W hotel so the service is definitely there. It looks great and you will take some amazing pictures whilst there. But is it worth the price? I would say no!
The resort is very new and as such the trees are very small. It seems some what unnatural. The beach is beautiful, long and private.

The privacy of this beach does come at a price. The hotel is far away from everything.
If you plan on never leaving the hotel this is the place to stay for sure. But all the life in Samui seems to be based around chaweng beach.

Coming to Samui for a honeymoon? And actually want to spend time with your partner and no one else then I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Do not bother with a private pool room. Total wate of money. The private pool are simply over sized bathtubs. When you have such a wonderful main swimming pool and such a huge beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank KaspXhotels
WRetreat, General Manager at W Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Hello gumjoytravels,

Firs of all, thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found our services levels up there as you would expect from a W Retreat. And thanks for sharing your thoughts about our "wonderful main pool" and beach which is certainly amongst one of the best when it comes to a Retreat such as ours on Koh Samui. While not powdery white sands, our stunning unique Northern peninsular location gives our guests wonderful views from sunrises to sunsets!

Of course, I would also totally agree that we are the perfect location on Koh Samui for those guests looking for an exclusive getaway, rather than being in the hustle and bustle of downtown Chaweng. However for those that aspire to experience this, they can take advantage of our three times daily complimentary 20 minute shuttle bus run right into the middle of Chaweng. I have to admit however that most of our guests prefer the surroundings of our own Retreat and also enjoy the fun and laid back atmosphere of Fishermans Village with all its collection of restaurants and bars within 5 minutes drive from the Retreat.

As for your recommendation for the rooms, I would highlight that all our villas feature private pools which are 10-11 meters in length and amongst the largest on the island, if not elsewhere when it comes to pool villas in a Retreat such as ours, so I have to admit I think that it may be a tad unfair and possibly misleading to other readers to compare them to an oversized bathtub?

Overall, I am indeed disappointed that you decided to mark us so lowly based apparently mainly on our location. However I would accept and agree with most of your review and would definitely agree with your recommendation that if you are looking for the "Chaweng" experience on Koh Samui, then maybe W Retreat is not the ideal choice. I do wish you happier travels in future.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We traveled as a couple last summer.
The serivce was excellent. Staff was always very friendly and helpful.
Our room which had a private swimming pool was very nice and we felt very comfortable just spending time there.
The hotel as a whole is very stylish and beautiful.
However we found that for this price something was missing. It felt a bit dead, but maybe that was because it was not high season (?) or because the hotel is fairly new and thus made us feel as if it still lacks that certain atmosphere to give it 5 stars.
Overall, i would still highly recommend the W hotel to anyone in search of a beautiful relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Mali47,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay last year. Of course I am always happy to hear when we deliver service that makes people smile and remember us in a positive way.

I have to admit that I think you need to come back and see us as I am sure you would find many things have changed.

In additon to new happenings every week such as our Mo Hee Toe Madness on Friday evenings and our Reloaded Beach BBQ every Saturday afetrnoons, our recent styling enhancements are set to make us the talking point on Koh Samui.

Our newly energised Woobar with newly refurbished sunken loungers, our communal bar counter, our new Lounge furnishings and other signature deisng items such as our new floating DJ booth are creating a whole new buzz and excitement about the Retreat.

Also, I am pleased to confirm that famous street artist, Alec Monolopy has just finished new graffiti creations (some as high as 10 meters!) which have to be seen to be believed. It's only a matter of time before fellow reviewers take some photos of his incredible work that has transformed our W Lounge and Woobar!

So come and see Jack Nicholson, De Niro and Twiggy at Woobar soon. I guarantee you will never forget the experience.

Thanks again for your review and next time we will be aiming to raise the bar from "Very good" to "Extraordinary"!

Wishing you a wonderful 2013 ahead.

Warm wishes