A superbly sleek resort that WOWed us from start to finish. Unfortunately we didn't have the chance to make use of the pool in the villa due to the rainy weather. However, the view at first sight when you enter the lobby was a definite WOW. Everything was done perfectly, and not over the top that I was simply constantly smiling.
Also, it was low season when we were there, which also meant everything was really quick, including calling for a buggy.
How sleek, and well kept the resort is... although a relatively spacious resort, it was impecably maintained. We hardly saw staff upkeeping the resort
Staff were very friendly, they remembered our name, their English was fantastic, and we constantly stopped to chat with the staff.
The room was impeccable, 2 staff took only a short while to clean up our entire room, and they were in and out real quick
The little touches in the room was modern, clean cut and simply wow.
Loved the little red bear on the bed, would be nice if there was a mini one for keeps.
The little touches of Sweet Spot (complimentary drinks and ice creams) were a nice touch.
Nomu - the Jap restaurant was fantastic too - service was great, and staff were not over intrusive.
Breakfast was stunning... there was simply too many choices to pick from. We were enjoying the view with an outdoor breakfast and totally enjoyed the little smoothies/juices that came by every so often.
The Thamazcal experience wasn't quite what we expected, and that was quite a letdown. It simply felt like being put in a hot stones (closest encounter would be sauna) room, with some scrub to scrub yourself or your partner with, followed by an outdoor shower of hot, warm then cold water.
The weather... that was about it.... can't think of anything else
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your W Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand