Tripadvisor
Mae Nam

“Fantastic place”

Restaurant Pizzeria la Villa luna
Ranked #23 of 194 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Description: In a convivial and family atmosphere, the restaurant propose you pizza on the wood fire, some plates of pasta, few salads ,lasagnes a dish of the day and some desserts which all is homemade
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After two and a half of weeks of being in Thailand and loving Thai food, I decided to try la Villa Luna, having heard great things about it from others who had gone there. Sacrilegious to say but it was the best food I had in Thailand and perhaps the best steak I've ever had. The staff are incredibly friendly and attentive and the food is fantastic. Even if you're not staying in Mae Nam, it is totally worth a visit. The food is a bit more expensive than a typical Thai dish (and accompanying wine is more expensive in Thailand generally than other alcoholic drinks) but, again, it is so worth it. The prices are still very good value. Cannot recommend it enough!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (134)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We would walk past this pizzeria on our way out a couple of times a day. Only in our last week did we actually stop off and try out the food. Oh my, it was absolutely superb. Thre is a great selection of pizzas and a specials board with ribeye steak, lamb shank, home made ravioli! My husband and I had the steak with homee made chips and kids the pizzas. All cooked in the clay oven. The service was impecable; the manager extremely friendly and welcoming and food and cocktails stunning! I only wished we'd stopped off sooner. We did manage to come back for a second visit on our last night though!

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We went there twice during our vacation and it was probably the best dinner we had on Samui. Very friendly staff and owner. Thanks and until next time!

Date of visit: January 2020
yanngarin29, Propriétaire at Restaurant Pizzeria la Villa luna, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thanks so much,you are welcome !!!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

La Villa Luna is my favorite restaurant on Ko Samui. My wife and I lived on the island for two months this past spring and this was the one restaurant we returned to over and over and over again. The food is excellent, the service is great, and the owner Yann makes you feel right at home. Oh, and did I mention that it's not expensive at all?
The owner is French but the food is a mix of French, Italian, and some international flavors depending on the specials of the day. I highly recommend trying whatever the specials are as they tend to be wonderful. As an added bonus, this is the best pizza I had on the island and I tried at least 8 different pizza places.
In the evening it can get a little buggy, but that's the prize of an ocean breeze while you eat I suppose. Other than that, I highly recommend everything about La Villa Luna.
Thank you Yann for the good times.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Best Tuna Tartar, Ravioli and Roast Chicken. Kids loved the Pizza! Great chef and host! Worth another visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
yanngarin29, Propriétaire at Restaurant Pizzeria la Villa luna, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Thanks you so much my pleasure to receive you