“The highlight of my trip”
Review of Hutcha Resort

Hutcha Resort
Ranked #9 of 35 Mae Nam B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I loved the fact that you are in your own little villa, its so nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy beautiful koh samui! The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is great. I really enjoyed the service we received. The restaurant is also very enjoyable and quite reasonably priced. I don't know what kind of tartar sauce they use, but it goes AMAZINGLY with their hot chips :). Great pool, great cocktails beautiful beach, what more can you ask for? Were super helpful in arranging tours and have bikes that you can hire for the day. Also their dog is really sweet :) If we return to Thailand we will be back.

Michelle and David- Australia

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hutcha Resort has a wonderful ambiance if you are looking for complete relaxation.The staff are wonderful but none more than Nathathai the manager. She made our trip fantastic. She arranged flowers outside our bungalow and a beautiful bunch of tropical flowers for me on mine and my husbands anniversary plus a card signed by all the staff.The resort was wonderfully quiet and right next to the beach. They do a BBQ on a Tuesday night for a set price and its really good.Everyone from the cleaning ladies to the bar men were lovely and always willing to engage in friendly banter.The gardens are bright with well looked after flowers and shrubs and even though some of the bungalows are next to the creek/river there was never a problem with mozzies.In fact, being next to the water was so interesting with regard to birds and wildlife - always something to look at. I really, really rate this resort. Thank you Hutcha and Nathathai.

Room Tip: rooms next to the creek/river are better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I made my reservation direct with the hotel after reviewing several sites, including Trip Adviser. On the day of arrival, our emails crossed and & didn't get the shuttle from the boat to the hotel on first landing. Which was fine. Hutcha was going to charge me 200Baht; as it was, I paid 100Baht from the boat to the hotel. And the reservation clerk was very apologetic, personally giving me a beautiful little Thai gift. I originally reserved a 'superior fan room.' But, when I was adjusting the direction of air, the fan fell off the wall, leaving exposed wires. I decided to upgrade to the 'superior a/c' room. Which, really, was much more comfortable, and I would have been a fool to stay with only a fan. The a/c was quiet, easily controlled. The room looked 'bigger' in the photos online. BUT, all in all, when I got settled in for my 8-day stay, I was very happy with no regrets. Service is excellent; the staff was always attentive to my needs. Two fresh bottles of water provided daily. The restaurant and weekly barbecue on the beach is not to be missed. Authentic Thai cuisine was what I was after, and they have many choices, including fresh fish, prawns, incredible soups and pretty fair pina coladas. Happy Hour Daily. In addition, continental and American food choices. I chose continental for breakfast, yogurt and muesli, with all the fruit, toast, coffee or tea I desired. Breakfast is included with the cost of the room. Beautiful pool area, just steps from the ocean/beach, nice and quiet. Massage available: Thai, foot, herbal, shoulder, etc. Whatever you like. A short walk to services in town (pharmacy, food, clothing, etc, a travel office around the corner, at which I booked two fun tours. It's a good place and I would stay there again. In fact, I met a few people who have been going there for a dozen years or so, and keep coming back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleen T
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at Hutcha resort, me and my girlfriend stayed in the standard fan room. The resort is very nice with a good pool and very friendly staff. It is basicly right on the beach. The beach is beutiful, but to honest there are much nicer beaches in koh samui, the water isnt as crystal clear as other beaches and the sand is a little rough, still a very very nice beach tho, we rented a scooter from a nice man across the rd from the temple and drove around the island and got to swim at all the best beaches any way, for a great beach go to silver bay. Mae nam village is great it has basicly everything you need and friendly local businesses, the room we stayed in was very small and basic for the price we thaught, It was clean tho. The bathroom is semi outdoor so you have to watch for mosquitos. My girlfriend didnt like this at first but we got some mosquitoe coiles and burned them in the bathroom, after that she warmed up to the idea, I found it very plesent, kind of a camping feel. It was nice to have a shower in the fresh air, and visiting lizards. But if this doest sound like your thing I would probly look somewhere else. The manager must really take into consideration customer feedback, I saw erlier reviews that complained there was no safe and fridge. Our room had a brand new safe and fridge! :). Alao noticed they replied to reviews on trip adviser. There were a couple of stray dogs that hang around, but they are all friendly, we made good friends with one who would be there every night when we came home to escort us to our room. So overall we really enjoyed our stay here, real paradise feel to it, but if your scared of insects coming onto the bathroom id probably stay somewere with an indoor bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2013
Hutcha-Report, Owner at Hutcha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest (Nickname : peacelovehappy)
Thank you for your value review.
Your opinion is to make our service feeling like untire and we will try to better service. However we would like to see you visit us again and let you back to see new changing next time.
TONY

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hutcha Resort is a wonderful place to stay if you want to have tranquil and calm holiday. The hotel is located in the quiet part of the island so you won't be bothered by noise and loud music. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They really try to do everything to make customer happy and satisfied! Small but comfortable and cozy bungalows are simply decorated but has everything you need during the stay. Hotel has a small and nice pool and a pool-bar where you can relax during the hot day. Maenam Beach however is not nice at all compared to other beaches in the island. The sand is rough and it heats up in the middle of the day so you have to wear shoes while walking on it. This was one of the reasons why we moved to another hotel after few days. There are few restaurants and supermarkets around the hotel if you want to have dinner somewhere else. I highly recommend this hotel for families and couples who just want to relax in a tranquil place, far away from loud night clubs and street noise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Giedredn
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Jungle style bungalows comfy but small. Never had to had to pay extra for aircon before! Outside bathroom rather a culture shock just don't put the light on at night, & I think the reason the walls are black is so you can't see the mozzies before they get you. Still don't know what the dustbin full of water under the shower for?? Room would have been better with a fridge. Curtains & room towels stained. Pool area good, Thai massage next door, some sunbeds dangerous as one nearly broke my friends arm. Beach nice but no sunbeds only 2 umbrellas. Breakfasts adequate with plenty of fruit toast & coffee available. Wifi patchy. Cheap enough for us to stay again, as we will know what to expect. Generally not too bad, but could do with a revamp.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are looking for quit, tranquil, but comfortable stay - this hotel is a perfect place. Located far away from loud night clubs and street noise, but within walking distance to supermarkets, restaurants, shops. Good choice for stay with children and for those, who can not swim well - beach near hotel is sandy and sea is not deep. Surroundings are not overcrowded, it is peaceful, nice area.
Our bungalow was clean, new, with a nice "back yard" area facing a small river. Bathroom and toilet in the bungalow are "jungle style" - comfortable and with all modern facilities, but with good touch of exotic.
Swimming pool is not so big, but it is clean and nice. It is Thai massage right near the swimming pool.
Hotel bar is good, it is possible to order fruit, drinks and food all day long. Bartender is a great guy :)
Will definitely come back. I used to stay in Lamai and Chaweng area before, but Maenam area is much better - it is real beach paradise.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Irina_DM
Hutcha-Report, Owner at Hutcha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for your warm writing and we promise to improve our quality to the best we can , wish to welcome you back ....see you next year
TONY