“Ftira and Pizza as it should be!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxokk

Maxokk
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Nadur
Cuisines: Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Malta
“Ftira and Pizza as it should be!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had heard a lot about this place and for some reason, I could never find it until a very dear Gozitan friend of mine took me to it on one of our business rounds. I had no time to stop and eat so I ordered a couple of take away pizzas to take home with me and it was delicious. The next time I went round I had one of their ftiras and it was equally good. Well worth a visit if you're on Gozo. Will definitely visit over and over again.

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Gozitan Ftira - a real speciality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every time I visit Gozo I make sure to call upon the Maxokk bakery and order one of their speciality ftira. You will not find the same thing anywhere else in the Maltese islands, or perhaps even the world. At busy times you may have to place your order a couple of hours ahead.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ajsadeh
Cairo, Egypt
“Absolutely Delicious! Best pizza in Gozo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a very hard working family owned, old bakery run by Grace, lovely Gozitan family! She seems very reserved and shy, yet when you get to know her, her twin sister, Aunt & a young girl who helps her on couple days of the week, you'll love their sense of humour and warmth. We've tasted various pizzas from around the world - Italy, Australia, USA, Egypt, Asia including Dominos & Pizza Hut, nothing compared to their Maxokk Ftira & Pizzas! Maxokk Special is our favourite. There’s something to cater for everyone's taste buds (using only local products - goat/sheep's cheese, olives, potatoes & herbs) with a good menu selection. Anchovies, is not something we like especially on pizza but we tried, it was absolutely delicious and crunchy! Best order (Tel: 21550014) earlier, ready for pick up within 20-30 minutes, it's especially busy on weekends. It has always met our expectations. You have to try, it's special!

• Visited October 2013
Island of Malta, Malta
“Great first experience, horrible second!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The first time we ordered Maxokk ftajjar (in April 2013) the experience was great. The pick-up was efficient and the food was heavenly! I was so impressed that I made it a point that the next time I went up to Gozo, I would definitely order Maxokk again. Going back up to Gozo in September 2013, I anxiously ordered a Maxokk ftira over the phone and went to pick it up as planned. When I stepped into the place, the horrible experience began:
- Out of 4 people working there, no-one had the decency to ask what I wanted
- When I said "Sorry", none of the workers even lifted their head up to see if I was talking to them
- After waiting for 2 workers to pull out 5 pizzas/ftajjar from the oven and place them in a box, I started explaining in vain that I had a tuna ftira and asked with the utmost courtesy if it was ready...none of them bothered to respond but one of them approach the counter asking "xi trid?" ("what do you want?")
- Again I explained and she went to get my ftira which was wrapped in wax paper (not a box like the previous time)
- I asked how much (€5.50 which is quite reasonable) and spent a good minute and a half riffling through the change to find 50c to give an exact amount
- I gave her €10 as I didn't have change and she asked me "mela m'ghandekx zghar?" ("so you don't have small change?"
- I explained that I didn't and she gave me my change
- I thanked her and she blatantly looked at the customer behind me and asked him what he wanted
- To add insult to injury, the ftira wasn't as good as the previous time and neither was it sliced...it looked as if it had been prepared much earlier

I was not expecting the red carpet or excellent human relations skills but I did expect some human decency! Frankly, to be treated like that and get an average ftira I'd rather go to Nenu - the artisan bakery in Valletta, Malta where the food is great and the place is much closer to home.

Never again Maxokk

• Visited September 2013
7 Thank Genuine_Client
Malta
“great ftira”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ordered the ham and cheese ftira. It was superb! The most tasting ftira I have ever tried! Price is good. However one has to order it about 1hr-30 mins before because they have many order.Worth ordering again!

• Visited August 2013