“Great night”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Anton
London
“Great night”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Thanks to Easyjet's incompetence, we were put up for a night here. The hotel and the staff could not have done more for us if we had been paying top prices. They dealt with angry, tired and hungry holidaymakers superbly. We enjoyed a delicious three course dinner, with brilliant, quick service by the waiters. The rooms were fantastic, the bed was so comfy some people nearly missed their transfer the next day! The bathroom was superb, with toiletries and towels all provided, as well as dressing gowns and slippers (my wife especially enjoyed those!) We also had use of the spa, pool and gym, though our late arrival meant that we couldn't really take advantage. Even though their breakfast normally begins at 7am, they accomodated our early morning departure by laying on breakfast at 4.15am. The whole ambience, layout, furnishings of the hotel were just top class.
Even though we all were still a but grumpy at Easyjet, none of us could fault the wonderful service provided at short notice by the hotel and their staff. I would definitely consider coming back here as a paying customer in the future. Once again, thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John B
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to note that despite your short stay, you were pleased with our service, food and facilites.

We very much look forward to being able to welcome you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com.

David Woodward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Etten-Leur, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 30, 2014

As a frequent traveller and agent, my family asked me to organise my parents 40th wedding anniversary trip to Malta. Considering a couple of hotels, I choose the Corinthia because of indoor pool, nice restaurants and suites ( price/quality). Before booking I asked them if they where willing to help me out organise this trip because I wanted to be perfect.

What I can tell is that Corinthia has helped me out on anything I wished for, I can't recommend them enough ! Service was top notch from beginning to end. They even called me days before to organise excursions and the transfers I wanted. When arrival there was a welcoming drink. staff at reception ( ivan and anna, and most of all the kind mister Martin, who told me everything about maltese language) were kind, professional and understand their job at the fullest.

Rooms are clean, we had suites, who are extremely big, every day fresh bottles of water and fruit and a complimentary mini bar. Balcony also very big with loungers. in our opinion, bathroom is a litlle too small for the suite, but all amenities you wish for are there. Room is kept clean very well, 2 times a day fresh towels, staffs asks frequently if you had a wish !
Outside pool was too cold, but children loved it anyway. My youngest son felt at the swimming pool, within the minute there were 2 gentleman who have been alarmed by the bartender. They immediately took care of him. You recognise a good trained staff when things like these occur.

The staff is friendly for kids, but there are no special amenities, that said, our kids did not have any problems with food and adjusting to circumstances. Although asked in forehand, the second day of using the indoor pool, the kids were asked not to speak to each other, which we think is a little bit too much asked from a 6 and 7 year old, but we respected this and went to the outdoor pool. Kids loved the hotel anyway !

Raymond the restaurant manager & his team took excellent care of us last evening of our stay when we celebrated my parents wedding, great table, great food, great pianoplayer and perfect ambiance. Yes the fillet of beef was not right, but the rest of allt he dishes were cooked to perfect. Not to forget the chocolat cake afterwards and the beautiful bottles of wine we had ! Raymond and his team really delivered service ! Villa Corinthia is your visit worth while.

The caprice lounge had almost every night live music, which we enjoyed !! The breakfast really fulfills every wish and is fresh, again, staff is aware of keeping food available and take away plates etc etc

Over all, this hotel maybe is not on a A location, but there is a complimentary shutlle bus and public transport right near the hotel. The service you get here is completely different then the service in any resort hotel on the island. It is worth your money and time !!!
I am very thankful to all the staff at this wonderful hotel, we made unforgettable memories and I really appreciate all the effort they made to feel us welcome at the Corinthia !!
I hope to return to this hotel, and will advise my clients to do so too !

Room Tip: 302 323 and 223 are excellent suites with every amenitie you wish for !! Highly recommended, a lot o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joyce M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Palace Hotel for your recent stay celebrating 40th Wedding anniversary of your parents and for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a particularly warming experience to receive comments such as yours, and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service as well as exceptional food.

I have placed a copy of your kind comments on our notice board for all to read as I find that it is always a good boost for all team members, including those who work behind the scenes.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Should you be returning to our hotel, please email me on david.woodward@corinthia.com

Helsinge, Denmark
Reviewed April 29, 2014

the service at this hotel is second to none. Staff is very friendly and very attentive to the guests requests. The food at the restaurants is of great quality and reasonably priced. The hotel features a great spa where you can really relax and unwind from the daily stress. Only downside at this hotel is their beds, at least in the room we had the mattress of the king size bed was shaped from previous guests so we were sleeping on two separate "holes".

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michael G
Dear Michael and Natalie,

Thank You for taking your time to share your views about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are sincerely glad to note that you have enjoyed their stay with us. Your constructive feedback towards the mattresses has been noted.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to visit Malta again so that I can make the necessary arrangements for your next stay. My email is david.woodward@corinthia.com.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night only and we were very impressed! The service was excellent, the pool gorgeous and the food delicious! The rooms are a little dated, but that adds to the character of the building. I recommend this hotel 100%!
The bed was so comfy and the room was quiet and peaceful. The balcony was a great extra! It was nice to sit and watch the sun set! The Rickshaw Asian restaurant is amazing! The food and the service was fantastic! The breakfast consisted of a very wide range of things to enjoy! Try the Maltese sausage! I would stay here again! I felt very welcome and the staff went out of their way to make our stay wonderful, knowing my name and remembering it throughout our stay. This is something many 5 star hotels lack but not this one! Thank you to Rita on the reception as well as all the staff! Very friendly and professional!
Thank you for a very pleasant stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Joeandrobert
Dear Guest,

We have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you most sincerely for your kind comments.

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your short visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and do send me an email on david.woodward@corinthia.com should you require any assistance.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Loved my stay at the Corinthia Palace! The hotel is set in a quiet residential area (next to the President’s Palace) and just a quick taxi ride to your choice of dining and shopping. Incredibly gracious staff ready to assist at any moment. Everyone made me feel so welcome from the moment I arrived. I stayed in an Executive room which was well appointed and large. The bed was extremely comfortable – and ensured a good night’s sleep (and easy adjustment to jet lag). I really enjoyed the lovely and spacious balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. The food was excellent. I didn't have the opportunity to dine at Rickshaw, but thoroughly enjoyed a few meals at Villa Corinthia (a very elegant setting with cuisine to match). The breakfast buffet has an excellent selection, and I was impressed that the staff remembered my gluten-free preferences each morning. While too cool to enjoy the outdoor pool, I found the setting beautiful, and can see myself sunning myself here on my next visit. I also had a great spa treatment on my arrival day that did wonders for jet lag. A great place to call home on a visit to lovely Malta.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank luxtravgal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Palace Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a particularly warming experience to receive comments such as yours, and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service, exceptional food, facilities of Corinthia Palace Hotel & SPA in general and consider us as your Second Home!

Herlev, Denmark
Reviewed April 24, 2014

OK - so it is not the first time I stayed at this hotel, in fact I have stayed here on numerous occasions over many years, but that in itself should be a red-hot recommendation. It is a beautiful hotel with great facilities and the Spa is amazing.

New management has made the world of difference in recent months and restoring this (first Corinthia hotel) to its former glory. The hotel is next to San Anton Gardens but am a little "in the middle of nowhere" for families (and not much to do for children) or mega-active people, however there are excellent transport links to everywhere.

As for me ......... my next stay has already been booked - this has become my "home from home" very quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Vikingepigen
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is always our pleasure to be of service to you and my team and I are especially happy to note that our efforts as well as the ambience of our hotel make you feel at home away from home.

Please do drop me an email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com when you have decided on dates for your December visit.

In the meantime, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home’ in Malta.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My daughter and I booked a long weekend at the Corinthia Palace San Anton at the beginning of April. This was our first visit to Malta and we weren't disappointed. From walking through the door of the hotel every member of staff went out of their way to greets us and make us feel special. As it was a little too cold to use the outdoor pool area we made use of the spa, which is fantastic. We didn't book treatments in advance and were disappointed that the spa diary was full, but the manager asked a member of staff to come in specially to give us a facial each, what service!
Our room was large and well appointed, there was lots of choice for breakfasts and although we didn't have all our meals at the hotel what we did have was good. The hotel is in a residential area outside Velleta, however the bus service in the area is excellent.
Great hotel and fabulous staff, we will return some day

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Denandtony
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments which we have received through Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

We are so happy to note that you find the atmosphere, our hotel facilities, grounds and most of all, the service given by all members of our team so impressive.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Anton
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta

Been to Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!