Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa
$91
$88
$96
  • Restaurant
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
$66
$59
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gillieru Harbour Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
$984
$65
$70
  • Breakfast included
1,684 results
All reviewssan anton gardenscaprice barcourtesy busfree shuttle servicesister hotelgeneral managerbeautiful hotelhuge bedmain restaurantindoor poolst juliansspa facilitiesquiet locationevery member of stafflocal busessteam roomhired a car
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and it is highly recommended.The staff are fabulous and the hotel grounds are the best I have ever seen absolute tranquility at night with fountains and exotic plants and trees.The reception staff couldn't do more for me especially Anna and indeed all of the staff were great that is what makes a 5 star hotel in my opinion and it was lovely to add that they spoke to you by 1st name terms in the restaurant- a nice touch and I have stayed in many 5 star hotels but didn't experience the first name bit .The hotel is well out of the way so peace and tranquility are achievable,public transport is close by and taxis are available from the hotel although they are a little costly so if you can hire a car that may be a good thing,I should add that they drive on the left so this suits all UK and Ireland guests.There is a free bus to Valletta daily and the swimming pool and spa are excellent.I will return here and I met a couple who are back for the 7th time so that lets you know that they must be good.I know that the bedroom furnishings are not in keeping with a 5 star establishment but I understand that this is being dealt with during a future period of planned maintenance where room upgrades will be done.The huge bed however was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in and I at first thought it was a waterbed.The quality of food in the restaurant was good and the breakfast was also fine although I would have expected to have had waiter service for breakfast in a 5 star establishment.I will definitely return to this hotel if I am back in Malta which I think will be the case.So in summary it is money well spent for a classy hospitality experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary comments which we have received through Trip Advisor following your three night’s stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

It is indeed pleasing to get such positive feedback from guests who have experienced our hotel and we are glad to note that the hotel’s location, ambience and service were to your satisfaction.

We do hope that you return visit will be in the near future and when you have decided on dates, please do email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com.

Thank you once again.

David Woodward - General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel several times in the last few years, I still have mixed feelings about the place.

It is a lovely old Maltese building set in the quiet heart of the island and surrounded by the most wonderful mature gardens.

The Corinthia Palace is faded elegance in a sea of marble, until you get into one of the tiny lifts and wonder if you are ever going to reach floor three. The rooms are comfortable with huge beds and the air conditioning is pleasant and not as fierce as in many places nowadays. However, the windows betray its age and the doors and decor are starting to look dated. The pool is one of my favourite in the world and I always enjoy a lunch in the excellent pool side restaurant. Unfortunately a superb pasta salad is let down by following it with tasteless ice cream smothered in ghastly synthetic 'cream' squirted on top. This echo of the 70s is unforgivable in a top notch hotel on an island which now has superb and delicious italian style ice cream readily available on every street corner. To give the staff their due, when my wife and I returned our ice cream, they did give us a complimentary liquor as a compensation.

The evening set meal for our party of 40 (which we have had there for the last 12 years on the same date) was something of a Curate's egg: 'good in parts' and four of the party returned their fish which was clearly 'off' and should not have been served. The staff seem to have lost their edge and became very slow at replenishing glasses.

Nevertheless, we will probably return next year, even if it is just to wallow in the glorious swimming pool and its ambience.

As the Corinthia group seems to be expanding around the world, I do feel that some investment in this, their first hotel, I believe, would be money well spent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank merlin54
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We have read your comments on Trip Advisor following your most recent stay at our Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

Whilst we are pleased to note that in general our facilities and services were up to your expectaions, however we also note your constructive feedback about our food, mainly in Pizza Pasta e Basta.

Would you kindly drop me an email on david.woodward@corinthia.com as I would like to appreciate further details about the food, particularly at the pool Restaurant.

In the meantime, we thank you once again for taking the time to insert your post on Trip Advisor.

With best regards

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Got the money like to be pampered this is where you go.enjoy the service which is second to none,staff will go out of there way to make your stay a stay to remember this hotel does not have 5 stars for nothing

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Mr Formosa

Thank you so much for your complimentary post on Trip Advisor pertaining to the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Corinthia Palace and Spa in San Anton, Malta has proven, for us, to be the oasis of peace and tranquillity that we have always looked for. We have been returning to the Corinthia for the last few years, (seven including this visit); our latest saw our return only last week.

This year sees new management team and some changes; both positive and negative. On the negative side (sort of) is the Pizza, Pasta é Basta has changed names and moved; now re-named Pizza, Pasta and Co it has moved to the side of the (I mean the very side) of the main pool, this has removed some prime sunbathing spots and squashed up the remaining sun beds. The shame is that the restaurant doesn’t seem that busy during the day at the price of losing some of the nicest parts of the pool area. However, the food is very good!

The positives are that the standards of service (without exception) are first class. The staff are attentive, respectful and all pervade that Maltese charm and character. Not to mention all the staff by name but our favourites who are worth a mention are Mario (driver), Jennifer (Waitress), Martin and Matthew (concierges) together with Ivan and Anna (front desk) all of them go out of their way to chat, offer advice, tourist information and / or help as required. This year we had a minor problem with water pressure on the first couple of days but true to form our concerns were addressed promptly and we not only given and alternative room but also an upgrade.

There are some increases in prices this year, mostly these are acceptable but there appears to be the odd financial shortcut (loo roll is lower quality… LOL) and the gym is a bit tired (machines need an update and repair).

Over all, The Corinthia Palace and Spa is an excellent hotel for those who want a quiet holiday, in beautiful surroundings with high class unobtrusive service that never ceases. We have tried other hotels in Europe and the Med but we always end up a bit disappointed as they are not as good as the Corinthia! We are already looking forward to our next visit and thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for B & B as the breakfast is excellent! All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to note that in general our facilities and services were to your satisfaction.

We note your comment regarding financial shortcuts and would appreciate it if you would email me on david.woodward@corinthia.com, to give me further information.

With regards to the Spa, new equipment is on order and should be up and running within six weeks.

I have taken the liberty of placing a copy of your comments on our staff noticeboard for all to see as we feel this is highly encouraging and on behal of my team we thank you for your compliments.

Meantime, we thank you for taking the time to upload your feelings about your recent vacation at our Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent hotel,staff extremely helpful,no task to difficult.I was on a B&B basis and the choise at breakfast was immense,something for everyone no matter how fussy one would be.Pools were cleaned on a daily basis and it was so peaceful in the evening.,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank banksofthelee

Thank you for your complimentary feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay with us earlier this year. Glad to note that our hotel and staff were to your satisfaction.
We hope to welcoming you back at our Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa in the very near future. Should you be returning to our hotel, please email me on david.woodward@coirnthia.co.

With thanks and regards