Congratulations to The Corinthia Group on the 50th Aniversary of their opening of the Villa Corinthia,we were fortunate to be in residence when the celebrations took place as we had again booked our stay to co- incide with the Lighting Ceremony which included a wonderful gala dinner.
As I had previously said in my review last year I described the hotel as being and running like a Rolls Royce. Well the old lady has a new chaufeur Mr David Woodward and although small changes have been made it is in the hands of a very fine driver. He also has a wonderful management team with him, nothing and I mean nothing was to much trouble for them day or night.
My wife was a little upset that the silver clouches are no longer used in the restaurant covering the dinner plates whilst they were being served ,also she couldn`t have any of her favourite Maltese bread at breakfast. They are the only two little moans she had.
Mr Woodward very kindly upgraded us which helped my wife who has some mobility problems. Thank you very much for this kind gesture it made a big difference to her holiday.
The front of house staff as usual where fantastic a big thank you to Martin for helping us with our room move.The housekeeping staff where superb thanks Sandra, the barstaff and Lizio in particular could not be faulted cheers.
Raymond Vella and all his staff in the Villa Corinthia thank you so very much for all the consideration that you showed to us and in particular to my wife it was greatly appreciated. The food was stunning.as was the food in The Rickshaw.
I would recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone who likes the nice things in life and very laid back entertainment i.e.Keyboard player /singer Chris Rhea style and other keyboard players. It is not a place to stay if you want loud and raucous entertainment ,niether is it suitable for children they will get bored because there is no entertainment for them. If you want to discover the art of conversation you will enjoy your stay here.
So finally I would suggest if you like good food, good service and a quiet setting stay here. If you want to be in the middle of the entertainment area and by the sea and still get good food and service I would say stay at their sister hotel the San George at St Georges.
Cann`t wait to return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the island of Malta, adjacent to the Presidential Palace and public San Anton botanical gardens, the 147-room five-star Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa exudes authentic grace and classical charm. The Villa Corinthia, a century-old restored residential villa, is the main restaurant and social event venue, where warmth, personal attention and traditional elegance abound. Guests can also enjoy The Summer Kitchen, our seasonal al fresco brasserie or a cocktail at the Caprice Lounge prior to dining at the exclusive Far Eastern restaurant Rickshaw, where Asian tastes are passionately served. The Athenaeum Spa provides its guests with an extensive range of wellness facilities, complete with a wide selection of revitalising treatments where precision is the call of the day, a fitness centre, indoor and outdoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta/San Anton