“Excellent food, if you're ready to wait”
Review of Ganesha Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Paola, Malta
“Excellent food, if you're ready to wait”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

One if the best indian restaurants on the island, been there countless times, however there was always 1 recurring fault, food takes too long to be served.

Once we were seated and given menus, we had to wait around 15mins, with menus closed, for a waiter to approach us, then, we had to wait another 30mins, for the starter to arrive, afterwards, for the main course, we had to wait for more than an hour more, with none of the staff approaching us to give an explanation.

A real shame that for this reason we might not return as it is a really good restaurant.

Rabat, Malta
“Indian Food at it's Best!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My all time favorite restaurant, I have been to Ganesha countless times. Never been disappointed. As soon as you enter the restaurant you are immediately greeted by either one of the waiters or the owner Bernice who is a great host. She always makes sure to make every customer's experience a pleasant and an enjoyable one. Service is always impeccable and consistent, the waiters always carry a smile while they're working and they always make sure to meet the customers' needs. The food is also very consistent and truly delicious. Best Indian around! The menu is very varied from sweet Korma dishes to hot Vindaloo curries. My personal favorite; Chicken Madras. Exquisite! Prices are also very reasonable, the cheapest I've seen! All Indian lovers should visit Ganesha, keep up the good work.. :-)

• Visited December 2012
Sliema, Malta
“Ganesha: Lord of Success”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Ganesha is one of the places I keep returning to time and time again. It is situated on the highest point of Xemxija Heights surrounded by innumerable blocks of apartments. The decor is opulent in dark woods and the seating arrangement is very comfortable and discreet. It is versatile as one can go there for a romantic dinner but no one would feel intimidated if they have to turn up with a child or a young family. Admittedly there is no Indian in sight as the person orchestrating the place is very much Maltese, a young lady by the name of Bernice, who is doing an exceptional job. The chefs are Indian and the end product is authentic Indian cuisine. The variety of dishes is outstanding and there is a palate to each individual's taste; from sweet to mild to very hot vindaloo hot curry dishes. The service is very good and without fuss. The place tend to get busy especially on week-ends and booking in advance is recommended. The wine list is quite varied and although my preference is a nicely chilled Riesling or Gewurztraminer with Indian food, sometimes I like to experiment even with the specials on offer. Yesterday we opted for a Crianza Rioja which went down pretty well. In fact the second bottle tasted even better with the vindaloo beef. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“BAD service”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have eaten here loads of times the food is always excellent but every time we went this summer the service was non-existent. We waited 30 mins to be given menus, another 25 for a drink to be brought to the table, we didn't wait for the food we walked out, we had arrived at 7.30 we walked out at 10.15, there was no one piece of food brought to the table. A customer on another table had also been waiting so decided to RING the restaurant to ask how long he's food would be as there wasn't a single waiting staff in the restaurant
Such a shame as the food is great if you manage to get served

BERNICE A, Owner at Ganesha Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback about our restaurant.
We take all comments, positive or negative very seriously. Positive comments help us understand that what we are doing is right whilst negative comments help us improve. Throughout the years, We have built a good reputation and false rumors are definitely not accepted. I am present in the restaurant every evening and NEVER has anyone had to wait for menus, drinks and food for more than 30minutes. I can also assure you that no one ever rang the restaurant in the way you mentioned either.
I ensure that everyone is happy and we made everything to please you too.

You forgot to mention that the only fault during your meal is that you felt that your curry was 'smaller' than that of your partner. To ensure full customer satisfaction I ordered another portion of curry - free of charge.

Regards,
Bernice
Owner
Sliema
“Good food but disappointing service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very disappointed with the level of service. We made our order at 8.20pm with the drinks and starters arriving after 25 minutes. The cutlery arrived a few minutes later. After that we had to a wait a full hour and a half (90 mins) for the main course. We weren't the only ones waiting impatiently for our food as others got pissed off and just left. To be fair the food was good but the bad level of service ruined everything. When I went to pay the bill I complained about the long wait and asked for a discount to make up for the bad experience. I was offered a 10% discount which I accepted but mentioned that I'm still very disappointed. Instead of accepting their fault the waitress kept insisting that the food was good without apologizing for the long wait.

What's frustrating is that we had reserved a table as others therefore they should have had more staff on board to offer a decent service. I will never go to Ganesha again.

• Visited September 2012