“Great experience”
Review of The Chef Restaurant - CLOSED

The Chef Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Martin Camilleri - Chef Padron and TV personality, brings a wealth of experience to the delicious food served at The Chef. Varied menu including vegetarian and gluten-free dishes.
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Perfect service! The restaurant is situated in a great area great view! Great food!
Restaurant manager William was very helpful! Will definitely visit again!!!!!!

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
“Excellent dinner!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Visited for dinner and had a very pleasent meal! Very nice atmosphere, great food and an amazing view. Staff were very attentive and helpful. Will definitely visit again.. highly recommended!

1 Thank Thea1892
Malta
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very good food and excellent service by William, the restaurant manager! Nice atmospehre and great view. Perfect thanks

Bahar ic-Caghaq, Malta
“"Disappointing Birthday Occasion".”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

One of my close friends suggested The Chef restaurant where, together with the rest of our friends, five couples in all, we would celebrate my birthday over dinner. I took with me an expensive and large champagne bottle, which I had been saving it for such an occasion for almost ten years. On arriving at the restaurant, I told the manager about it and to keep it in the fridge, till it was time to be opened. He indicated that it was not normal to follow such a procedure, even though a cocrage fee of 6.50euros, which I accepted as fair. The ten of us were seated at a prearranged long table on the upper level near to the pool. My friend had also organised another separate long table for 15 persons, though they were not part of my birthday group of friends.
A trio of foreign waitresses/waiter were serving us, where one of the waitresses had a mind of her own, and she never seemed to let even a smile escape her. We had several drinks ahead of our meal, and at one point, the outstanding waitress came rushing over to my partner and demanded that he has still to pay for a drink. When he told her that he already paid for it, she kept insisting that he had not. Since we were not issued any receipts, we had nothing to show about it, and my partner just told her to go check with her colleague. She hurried quickly inside, and then she came back saying that her colleague said it was ok, without even offering a word of apology.
Later on, when serving our food, she mistakenly gave one of our plates to someone on the other table. By the time another plate was prepared, my friend, whose plate got screwed up, had lost her appetite. One other thing, some of our meat was a bit too dry to gulp down. Once we had done with the food & dessert, it was time to cut my birthday cake. In the ensuing cracking of the poppers, several glasses filled with champagne, together with my own unopened bottle, were brought over onto the table. But, the waitress in question I mentioned earlier, was quick enough to take my bottle of champagne. Without our knowledge during the flurry of well wishing, she had taken the bottle to the other table and poured it to guests there. When I realised that my bottle of champagne was nowhere to be seen on our table, I asked her for it, and she went over to the other table and brought the bottle to me....EMPTY! I felt like crying, when I asked her what had she done with it. Instead of serving the glasses of the cheaper champagne (compliments of the management), to the other table, they were served on our table and my champagne got screwed up. When the manager came over to our table, he brought another bottle of the same cheaper champagne, with which we already had been served, but nobody liked. I refused the bottle, saying I just want my own bottle replaced. he said I could not pretend to be given back such an expensive bottle of champagne. When I insisted on it, he told me that he does not stock that type of brand. To complete the whole mess up, my friend who organised the dinner, admitted that the cake she ordered for my birthday, should have been a Sinithza one, and not the creamy cake that we were served. Later, I noticed the owner of the restaurant going round amongst the single tables below us, and I let him know that I needed to speak with him. But instead of approaching our table, he disappeared into his office. He left me no option but to go look for him there, and on letting him know how my birthday evening had been ruined, there was no sympathy coming from him, cause he took a defensive position.
As an after thought, we realised that group bookings receive an even inferior service than those at being served at the main floor. It was our first there, and our last too!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Malta dining at it's best.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have been visiting Malta every year since 1986 and have visited many restaurants, some superb and some not so good, so I think that I am well qualified to recommend excellence when it is found.
The Chef has style. The staff are very friendly and will try and help with any queries, Martin the chef puts you at ease if you wish to discuss the food and wine. The whole atmosphere is very relaxing and enjoyable. For any visitor wanting a taste of Maltese hospitality I strongly recommend that you visit The Chef Restaurant.

1 Thank toshperry