Disney's Newport Bay Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe(Marne-la-Vallee)
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne(Marne-la-Vallee)
Great 4.5/5
9,970 results
All reviewsnewport baycape codnautical themedisney villageminute walkshuttle buscroissantsswimming poolhuge hotellake viewlong walkplaza gardenshalf boardsequoia lodgetwo double bedstime slotbuilding work
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights 12th-16th May, asked for a low floor lake view room via e-mail before arriving and got exactly this. The room was 1st floor with french doors with a lovely view over the lake. The room was large with a large bathroom. Bath a bit grimey wallpaper peeled off wall near top bunk bed and had some ants get in under french doors - however none of this was bad enough to affect my holiday in anyway. The food at breakfast was lovely and the reception area and outside of the hotel were very grand. 5 mins walk along the lake to disney village and 10 mins to park. All staff i came across were all extremely helpful and friendly

2  Thank claireyf_12
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the end of April / beginning of May 2013. The Newport Bay Club is very impressive from the outside and equally impressive on the inside. After queuing a little to check in, we were pleased to be able to access our room despite being a few hours early.

The room (which was a fair walk due to the size of the hotel) was a good size, was in a good condition and we liked the nautical touches. The breakfast offered a good range of continental style breakfast foods, as well as the more English breakfast cereals and toast. We asked for an early breakfast slot and were given 7am. By about 7.45am the queues to get into the restaurants for breakfast was building up. Every morning two Disney characters came to the lobby of the hotel for photo opportunities, which was great for our two small girls (4 & almost 3).

Outside the hotel was Lake Disney, and a short walk (about 10 minutes) alongside this walk brought us to the entrance to both Disney parks and Disney Village. We started out by taken the shuttle to the parks (because of our children) but would not recommend this as it took about 20 minutes due to traffic and then was a fair walk from the shuttle stop to the actual parks (only a slightly shorter walk than walking from the hotel.

We would definitely stay in this hotel again, but would also be open to the other Disney 3, 4 or 5 star hotels!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MattandVerji
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here May 14th to 16th in a room with two double beds, for myself, wife and 4 year old son. Our room was on the 2nd floor (essentially this is ground floor as same level as reception) and not a long walk from the reception/lobby.

The welcome at reception is excellent. Renee was brilliant with my son, getting him two Disneyland balloons and a sweet, whilst chatting to him about our holiday. It turned out that the original room allocated to us was on the 4th floor and a LONG walk from the lift. We were moved without any problems when we asked for a room closer to the reception.

The room itself is fine. The hotel is 3 star and I would say this is about right when considering the room quality.

The room negatives first:

It could do with more power points / sockets to deal with all of the technology that we invariably carry. We unplugged a lamp (although the socket didn't work) and there were only 2 other sockets in the room for charging phones!

There are no coffee/tea-making facilities in the room.

The shower is powered by the taps - needs modernising. Hot but not super-powerful.

The TV is an old-fashioned CRT and the channel selection for English is poor. A couple of Disney channels, BBC News and then ESPN America.

The room positives:

Clean, tidy, comfortable beds, thick curtains (keeps the young ones asleep a bit longer!) and no major issues.

The hotel has free wifi in the reception area/bar and on levels 5-8 (which I think are the posh rooms). I couldn't get it to work on my phone (I worked out why eventually - make sure cookies are turned on!) but others had no problems.

The shuttle bus to the park is every 15 minutes or so. Great service. We didn't try and walk to the park as my wife is quite pregnant but didn't look too far (10 minutes?).

The breakfast is ok. Continental buffet. A bit chaotic. Could do with better organisation. No small spoons for kids' yoghurts!

The characters coming to the hotel every morning is great. The hotel clearly state who will be there the following day and at what time. We saw Captain Hook, Pluto, Goofy and Mickey in our two mornings there and the queue is orderly.

The shop can take delivery of your shopping in the park as long as it's purchased before 3pm. We took advantage of this for a photo from a ride and it was great.

The bar is very comfortable if a little pricey. A Coca Cola for 4.65 Euros is a bit steep!

There is a little kids' area as well in the bar area for drawing and general messing about.

Finally, I want to make special mention for William (the Manager) and Lawrence in the baggage hold. We checked out and left our baggage with Lawrence in the baggage hold around the front of the hotel in the morning. We were given tickets for collection and their duplicates attached to our luggage. Somehow, we unfortunately got given one wrong bag out of three and I don't know how I didn't notice. We only realised when we arrived at the airport! The taxi took us all the way back to the hotel to return the wrong bag and try and find ours!

To the hotel's great credit, they found our bag and paid for the extra taxi journeys we had to use (more than 100 Euros in cash!).

You may ask how the mistake happened in the first place but mistakes do happen. I wish I'd pay more attention to the bags (although oddly the bag given to me was the same colour and similar style to our bag!) so the hotel were definitely not the only ones at fault but I am hugely impressed by how they dealt with the mistake, saving me a lot of money and leaving me with a great overall experience. William even got my son a soft toy to say sorry to him! This is fantastic customer service and is why I will go back. Many hotels could learn a thing or two from William and his staff. Thank you again.

The staff are a credit to this hotel and I would definitely stay at Newport Bay again.

Room Tip: Ask to be near to a lift or the reception, otherwise you may be in for a long walk!
2  Thank TrevskiY
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here with my family and have to say it is a beautiful hotel not far from disneyland! Shuttle bus comes every 10-15 minutes which takes you right to disneyland. The rooms have a lovely sailor theme beds so so comfy!!!! Overlooks beautiful grounds. Overall a lovely stay with my two small nephews mother and sister. Restuarant in hotel is very pricey ate there once was something like 27 euro per person food was okay not great for the price. However hotel is stunning well worth the price and in my eyes 4 star!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank nat t
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just back after a great stay at this hotel.(5th May 13) I almost changed the booking due to the negative reviews that were on this site. The tranel agent in Cork assured me to hold tough and rightly so.This is a well run professional operation. On arrival we were marshalled courteously and efficiently to a pre booking desk and then on to the main check in desk This took about 3 minutes. The check in agent spoke clearly and slowly and answered all questions that I had, after giving me the park tickets. The room was not ready as the flight times had been changed but the concierge took the bags and held them with no problem. In all we were on our way to the parks in about 20 mins with absolutely no hassle at all. The hotel itself is clean and well kept. The staff are friendly and speak excellent english.We got a fine size room with walk in wardrobe seperate toilet shower and handbasin and a fine long room with 2 doubles and 2 pullout beds which were suprisingly comfortable. We could have fitted another person easily(5 of us) We had 2 minor problems with a remote contron and the safe jamming. Each were logged with the concierge and dealt with in less than 10 minutes, again without any hassle. The room was cleaned efficiently daily.There were added bonuses of meeting alot of the stars of Disney in the lobby, or hallways etc, after breakfast. Breakfast was good, efficient and again hassle free.(but go early, 7-30) We were about 2 mins walk from the lift. The corridors were clean and cleaned daily while we were there. The pool was great, clean, guarded and not too deep. The Disney shop in the hotel sells the same goods as the parks at the same price so handy for last minute gifts. The shuttle service was efficient and there was the option of walking home along the lake which we did about half of the trips.Overall hotel bright and airy, well run and great location.
Again disregard the bad reviews and book this hotel for your family. You need to get the family rooms early though.

Room Tip: Got 7224 and was in lobby in less than 5 mins. Room plenty size for 2+ 3
5  Thank K M