“Not worth the Money”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Dublin
“Not worth the Money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

Good hotel, great location. But you pay top bucks and you dont get the apropriate service. At €833 a night ( that what i paid for easter weekend normal rates may be cheaper) for a standard room, its not that good. Some staff are great some staff are below what you'd expect. No Wi-Fi in standard room's and you have to go to reception to get the cable for cabled internet and place a €30 deposite and at that the internet cost's €1 per hour so for a three day stay it will be €50. Room service is regulalry engaged and ask you to call back later, in fact the only way i found i could get through is by calling reception and asking them to put you through. I wouldn't stay here again. The disneyland New york hotel is nearly as close and is less than half the price. I dont want to sound to negative there are good aspects to the hotel and the main hall area looks great. Still not quite what i expected.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank drbeatz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sevenoaks District, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

My children just told me that they found it fabulous! I however have stayed at many 5 star hotels. This would be the first 4 star I have stayed at so perhaps I expected more 5 star type hotel. The furnishings are very average, the service is average.

The smell of the hotel is dusty and moldy. Apparently they are aware of this but cannot find the cause.

The positive of the hotel is the location, it is right outside the entrance to the Disneyland and after a long long day at the park, the last thing you want to do is fight people to get to the station or walk miles to the other hotels.

I am happy to stay that I have tried this hotel, however I would recommend that if you coming to Disneyland, book atleast 4 days, 1 day to stay in the hotel as they have the Princess Package, which is wonderful for little girls. (the only reason to pay that amount of money) It lasts 20 minutes, they get their hair and makeup done and a princess dress and 1 photo (cost 160 Euros). Then move onto another hotel that is less than 1/2 the price and more value for money. The Newyork Hotel is very close to the park.

NB: We stayed 2 days out of school holidays and week ends, the queues for the rides were about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. We went back one day during holidays, queues for rides are about 60 min to 1/2 hours. The rides are very short I would say about 3 minutes average for each. Some even shorter than that.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Powder1000
kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed at the Disneyland for three days last week with our son, daughter in law and two small grandaughters. The hotel as you would expect is very good and clean and in a wonderful position. The only negative we found was the inconsistency of the staff some were marvelous and others really were rude. One example the youngest grandaughter has a lactose intolerance and obviously her parents have to watch her diet very carefully our daughter in law checked with the hotel before booking and was told this was not a problem simply tell the staff and there would always be something for her to eat, this she did on the first day and was greeted with blank stares although she showed them the e mails from Disney they simply said sorry we have nothing, thankfully she had packed food for her.
The second day was so much better and the manager even went to the kitchen to fetch her something himself which was wonderful but as you see completely inconsistent. I realise that staff have a difficult task for what I am sure is little reward but for these prices you expect the best.
Do not get me wrong the rooms are great and very clean the food is lovely (but not cheap) and if you want to be close to the action this is the place to be.

1 Thank jakath
Langenthal, Schweiz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

Even for a middle-class family that earns pretty well, this is an expensive place. If you have money to burn, then if you can stand the pink and the perfumed stuff they spray the carpets with, then there is no other place to stay at Disneyland Paris. It's 20 seconds from the gate.

Had I to do it over again, I would not stay in the Disneyland Hotel and would eat more dinners offsite. Staying at another hotel just 5-10 minutes walking distance saves HUNDREDS of Euro's.

Also, getting into the park from the hotel may be fast, but if you want to leave the park during the day and jet back to the hotel quickly, they still make you walk around the side!

Prepare yourself for a pink overdose before you arrive. The layout of the lobby is very grand, but the color scheme reminds you of where you are. The hotel should do something about whatever they use to perfume the carpets. It started to affect our eyes after the 2nd day.

They prepare you for a day of waiting in lines by making you stand in line to get in to the restaurant for breakfast. One day after waiting for 10 minutes, we just left and ate breakfast at a bakery in the park. The other 2 mornings, after waiting 10 and 15 minutes respectively, we were brought to a table in a room were there were plenty of open tables! So the problem is not capacity, it is that they just don't bother to seat people fast enough!

The food is outrageously expensive here and in the park. It is quite a shock sometimes.

Do not order sandwiches at Cafe Fantasia. For €12.50 you get a cold, slimey sandwich which was made about 6 hours earlier. There was something that looked like a tomato in my sandwich, but it sure did not taste like one. I don't know what it was.

Despite the cost , the lines, and the relentless merchandizing, it is still a treat to see your child so excited about something.

At the Disneyland Hotel, they offered a "Princess for a Day" package where they dress up a little girl in one of the Disney princess costumes and have a professional do her hair and make-up. The princess gowns they have to offer are simply gorgeous. Some of them are even NOT made in China! I could not resist getting one for my daughter. She did not take it off the whole time. She wore it through the park every day.

Advice for those who have never been to Disneyland Paris:

You do not need to be staying in the hotel to make reservations at INVENTIONS, the restaurant where the characters hang out at night. It is worth it to be so close to the characters at least one night. The kids really love it.

They keep the princesses under lock & key!
They do not come to INVENTIONS for dinner or breakfast!
We were in the park on 4 different days and they do not meander around the park like the rest of the characters. If your little girl(s) want to meet the princesses, you must make a lunch reservation at Auberge de Cendrillon.

If you are looking for really exciting rides, this is not the park for you. It's more about the magic of the characters for the kids.

Use the Fast Pass system. If you are not good at waiting in lines and do not have some package where you can use it, then your experience will be ruined.

7 Thank Ravenshaw
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

Just returned from a four night stay in Disneyland Hotel in Paris. I have frequently checked out reviews here before going, as we stayed in this hotel some years ago. I want to spell out THAT THIS HOTEL IS FANTASTIC. If you are anyway hesitant about it, don't be. The attention to detail is amazing, staff exceptional, facilities fantastic and if you find fault then really you have VERY high expectations. The location cannot be underestimated. Being able to pop back and forth in minutes is priceless and I have stayed in other hotels on site, all great, but the ability to step out of the park and back in is superb. You should expect lots of excited kids (and parents), noise, madness, expence, etc. If you don't want any of latter, then you shouldn't be going to disney :) We have been five times now and stayes in Disneyland hotel twice, New York twice and Sequoi Lodge once. All great, but next time will just book Disneyland straight away. Now we got a good enough deal and yes it is a ridiculous cost at full price, but honestly it is worth it. Should any of you wish to ask me anything please feel free. We were a package of two adults, two kids (9 and 5) and had a 2nd floor standard room. Good size, really you wouldnt want for anything else. I would have liked to see the castle club but to be honest the extra €400 a night was extreme for my budget and anyway the parks werent that busy so we were happy we didnt fork out the extra. Wish I was going back today - enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROLL ON NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (after recession...........)

5 Thank lepra
Parga, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at disneyland hotel for 3 days in the mid of january with my fiancee as a part of a 15 day trip to france and england.The hotel's location is superb.literally steps from the entrance of the park and very close to disney village and disney studios.location wise , this is the best hotel around(i saw all disneyland hotels during my stay).Rooms are of good size but the decorations are a bit dated.Cleanliness and soundproofing was perfect as well.the breakfast is good although one of the morningsi had to wait for 10 minutes to get seated(it was sunday morning and the hotel was full on saturday).the bar was very nice and the spa although small was good for 2 hours of relaxation.there are tooooooo many children in the hotel and sometime they make a lot of noise but you expect lots of children when you are planning on going to disneyland.

my only concern with this hotel was it's service.The bar and restaurant staff was expectional but i can not say the same about the reception stuff.when i firstly checked in i asked if an upgrade to a suite (castle club) was possible with extra charge . i was told that uprgrades are not possible because i had booked through an internet offer although suites were available!!!probably the receptionist didn't understand well what was i asking for and maybe he thought that i wanted a free upgrade.Also this is the only hotel i stayed that i wasn't shown to the room.instead they gave me the key ,they told me where the elevator was and left me with thousands of questions.(where is the breakfast room?where is the spa?what time is the breakfast?how do i go to the park? etc.)

Before going to the hotel i had asked for a high floor room with views to the park close to the elevator but instead i was given the most distant room from the elevator with absolutelly no view at all.there were some trees in front of the window and you could barelly see the hollywood tower of terror at disney studios.

on my first afternoon i tried to book the bufallo bill show with the concierge.he supposingly made the booking for me ,told me that i had a 10 % discount for booking with the hotel and that tickets will be charged to my bill.when i went to the show,there was no booking at all!!after several phone calls they found out that no booking was ever made on my behalf! Thankfully, there were unsold tickets at that day and i was carrying my wallet on me!no discount was ever made. the next day ,same thing happened with a restaurant booking.

all in all,the hotel is the best you can get in disneyland although in need of a good renovation.some attention to the stuff should be given but cleanliness and quality of build are exceptional . i would stay there again for its convenient location

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank engskyri
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2009

We stayed at the Disneyland hotel for 3 nights in March. When arriving on the shuttle from the airport, we were happy with our choice of hotel after seeing the others whilst dropping people off. (would have been gutted with the Santa Fe!!!) Check-in was very straight forward and efficient. Our room was clean and being on the ground floor had small patio outside. We were keen to get out and explore the hotel and parks but had to wait for luggage to arrive which took about 1/2 hour to arrive from us checking in. The parks were everything you would expect from Disney and with the weather being cold and wet the queues were short - would definately Not come in the summer. We hadn't pre-booked an evening meal so we headed to Disney Village. This was the worst part about Disney - Queues out the door and a very limited choice. I can't imagine what it is like in the summer months. On our second night we booked the Inventions reastaurant within DisneyLand Hotel for a chance to meet Disney characters while we ate. Bad idea!! Our 2 year old son was terrified!! The meal itself was a buffet and quite good standard and choice but for 102 Euros was not worth it ( Under 3's eat free so this was for 2 people not including drinks!) My main complaints about Disney is the lack of food and drinks available for a young infant - junk food and fizzy pop seemed to be the only option. Also it is VERY EXPENSIVE. I know the pound is very weak against the Euro but £18 for 1/2 lager, small (tiny) red wine and glass of milk is ridiculous. That aside we did have a fantastic time and would definately go back.

1 Thank robslater
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disney's Newport Bay Club
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,717 reviews

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!