“Ok buffet with lots of Disney characters ”
Review of Inventions

Inventions
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Chessy
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

So crowded with Disney characters that the food is excused. Don’t get me wrong the food is perfectly fine not just fine dining or the main reason for visiting. So to review it as a buffet: very good selection of dishes, nice and clean, fresh and newly cooked food. The whole family had a good meal.
It is so worth a visit just to not have to stay in line for hours to meet your classical Disney favourites; here the come visit you.

And the the negative: it’s extremely expensive. But so are all meals in Disneyland unfortunately. We had meal plans included in our hotel package so then it was ok. Not sure I would have enjoyed it as much if I had to pay on the day.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (3,098)

Reviewed May 18, 2019

Located in Disney hotel which is worth seeing because it’s so fancy! We had a look around the hotel boutiques and relaxed in the piano lounge. We were the first booking for the day at 12:30 which I think is more relaxed.

The buffet was outstanding. Lots of salads and cold meats, an amazing seafood table with oysters, crabs and more. A good range of hot meals and some good options for children. Mine weren’t particularly hungry but enjoyed the veges with hummus and pizza. The dessert table was fantastic.

Characters - we met Chip and Dale, Pluto and Mickey. If you want to meet a few characters you need to wait a while, this isn’t an experience to be rushed. So bring something for the children to colour in if they get bored at dinner tables. There are plenty of opportunities to meet characters in Disney, but this location adds a bit of dazzle and feels special

I preferred this dining experience over the plaza gardens character breakfast that felt too busy and rushed.the characters spend more time with you at inventions, it’s more of a quality experience

1  Thank Nicinoonoo
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Only attraction is watching the characters walk around, although this isn’t particular well organised .. bit of a free for all.

1  Thank MHJ2012
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Please do not visit this place. We booked interventions for character dining at lunch time. Food was awful could not eat a single piece of meat. Only saw 3 characters the whole time we was there and that was with a long wait as this place has 3 or 4 different rooms so they were making their way round them all which took time definitely not what I was expecting. Characters were mickey & Minnie Mouse (who you saw all the time throughout you stay) as well as Donald Duck and goofy who you also always see throughout the park and hotels. Thought we may get to see more unusual characters as the price and advertisement but no.Thought my child would be in his element and super excited. But no all the children around looked very bored and very un happy with the food. As well as many other adults looking very disappointed and fed up. Nothing for many children to eat or adults. Disgusted with the price we had to pay which was nearly 200+ euro for 2 adults and 1 child. Complained at the time and all we got back was rude staff shouting and making a scene in front of the whole restaurant said I would take it further and all I got back was ‘do it do it go on do it’ and snatched this huge amount of money off us. never have I ever experienced this in a restaurant before. Absolutely disgusting. Caught the rude staff names especially Petra. Awful. Will definitely be taking this further now I have returned home. Much better places to eat and see the characters do not go and waste your money here. Rated one out of five stars on here but if I could I would rate it a -5.

3  Thank Danchid2015
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I honestly had a nice time here but it was only due to the sweet disney characters that accompanied our meal. We paid so much for this lunch and I couldn't find one single thing that was really good in this buffet - everything was saltless (but that's usual in France) and too much seasoned with another herbs. The shrimps were the only thing that was good.
To help everything the service wasn't exactly great.. the waiter that served us didn't speak English and insisted in speaking French although we were not understanding.. I understand that they prefer to speak french when they can but I don't think it's acceptable to pay so much for a lunch in a 5 star hotel where the waiters don't speak any English.

1  Thank Gabrielakds