“Avoid. There must be some place better than this.”

Relais Spa Val d'Europe
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Avoid. There must be some place better than this.”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business with some colleagues this week. What a depressing place. The worst part is that I don't think the staff really care. I will give it two stars because it was spotlessly clean, but ... nothing to eat or drink when I arrived (10 o'clock, bar and restaurant shut, no food or drink in the room), room very cold, couldn't get it warm, wifi doesn't work, keeps on disconnecting, staff on reception looked like dodgy security guards, breakfast very disappointing (how can the hot buffet be cold at 7.10 when the place only opens at 7.00?). The worst thing though has to be the roughly photocopied "information" sheet I was given when I checked in. It is basically a list of rules which assumes all residents are likely to steal from the hotel, parade around semi naked, misuse the facilities and not supervise their children. Please - a paying customer? I felt more like an inmate.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Geoff S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for 3 night over New Year's Eve and had a wonderful stay. We were really impressed with the room itself, it was very spacious & clean, and had an amazing view where we watched the Disney fireworks! We had booked a twin room but were aware that 2 singles would be pushed together, but this didn't bother us as it's not the first time we've stayed in a hotel that has done this. We used the spa one evening too and thoroughly enjoyed that after walking round the Disney parks! The facilities in the spa were clean and fairly modern (I particularly liked the mood lighting in the steam room). We had no problems with the staff and thought they were very polite and helpful when it came to telling us about the spa (where to get robes from etc), and even with info about the Disney parks and the RER. The location of the hotel itself was ideal, just one stop away on the train, which runs roughly every 10mins. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so couldn't comment on the quality etc but overall we had a great stay and would quite happily stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed 2 nights but most unhappy with breakfast, room and above all the swimming pool facilities as my son,14 years, couldn't use the pool as the insurance would not allow!!!!! I have heard a lot of excuses but nothing like this??? After all the hotel is based 5 minutes away from Disney where you are bound to have children staying in this hotel.
I booked a double bed but was give two single beds. When I complained I was told to take it or leave it….NOT happy. Bedroom window kept opening as the locking handle didn't work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank agoodguy
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Really good value, away from all the commercialised Disney fuss but close enough to commute safely every day, being just one short train stop away. Huge shopping mall just around corner with restaurants and aquarium. Keep walking and you will find the outlet village with UGG store, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Missoni, Prada, Moncler and more. We didnt eat at hotel. We had a junior suite which was spotless. Our towels were changed every day and our bed made. Perfect stay would definitely recommend. Clean plush reception, rooms modern and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lindo P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel booking 3 rooms for a group travelling with children attending event at Disney. The rooms, were not as described or pictured on booking.com site. The rudeness of the hotel staff was unbeleivable, I really have never encountered anything quite like it. Rooms were not cleaned only towels changed occasionally and bed made. When this was questioned we were told 'this is NOT a HOTEL' so beware if you think you are booking one.The rooms were freezing cold and the hot water did not work properly, also there was an awful smell. Breakfast was expensive and very bland. Everything was too much trouble with this so called hotel which isnt a hotel.It is more like a boutique hostel. Children are clearly not welcome, they are not allowed in the spa or pool. I have nothing nice to say as we were bitterly disappointed, cold, uncomfortable and disgustingly treated. I would not advise anyone to stay at this place.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank birminghamhoney2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Booked this for my first trip to France, at first I was abit sceptical for the hotel based on all of the bad reviews I've seen on here.. But decided to book it anyway due to getting a good deal online.
When we arrived via Eurostar, we got a taxi from the disneyland park train station which cost around 10 euros, later on discovered we could have got the metro to take us 2 mins away from the hotel for a fraction of the price, but that was partly down to our bad planning.
Anyway, when we arrived the staff on the reception desk seemed very lovely and accommodating, not sure about the 1 person at the desk rule as they didn't mention anything to us. We did have to pay city tax (I think) which i was only aware about and that cost around 9 euros form the two of us. We was then told that the spa would be closed for the days we was there, abit disappointing but then I didn't book it to use the spa and probably wouldn't have had the time to, so I didn't mind much.
We had a room on the second floor overlooking the main road which was abit of a let down, but then we both had ear plugs anyway so didn't matter as much.
The room was lovely, got a kitchen which I didn't realise when we had booked so added bonus (even got a dishwasher!), no kettle though unfortunately.
Bathroom was lovely and spotless, although one morning the water was off due to building work outside the hotel, so had to use the downstairs shower room (bit of a let down)
For each of the 3 nights we stayed there the room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels in the bathroom which was great.
Overall, found the room was lovely and the wifi worked fine for me on my ipad, quick enough I could watch videos on YouTube, so I don't see why the reviews on that front are bad?
The hotel itself was also in a great position, 2 mins walk away from the metro station (paris one way, disneyland the other) which was great and helpful due to us going to both places. Also the benefit on a massiveeee shopping centre and designer outlet village (similar to biecester) another 2 mins walk away from the metro station! Spent quite abit of time (and money!) in there.
Only issue, on our first night when walking past the metro station there was some gangs hanging around which made me feel quite uncomfortable, so just be careful, sure it was a one off though as it didn't happen again for the rest of the stay.

Would defiantly book to return based on this stay! If you want someone nice, but close to everything (metro station) this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but found second floor (room 217) great for wifi access!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Magicalwishes
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went to stay there on a romantic trip with my girlfriend for her birthday, got to the hotel to find out there was a problem with my booking and I ended up having to pay €240 more than I was originally supposed to. Got passed all that, went up to the room and found out if was a twin room, not a double as I had requested. When I went down to reception to get my room changed they said there was nothing they could do, so we ended up having to spend 4 nights in a twin room which is completely unacceptable.

Staff were rude, room wasn't as clean as it should have been, and they said we had to clean our own room before we left, and bring any rubbish down to the basement? This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel and they're making you go down to the basement with your rubbish?

The wifi was also an absolute joke. The speed was absolutely terrible and they had an awful lot of websites blocked.

The one good part of the trip was the spa, we went for a couples massage and it was lovely, but apart from that, avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Make sure they know you want a double room if you're staying as a couple.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xadacka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Hotel New York
Residhome Val d'Europe
Residhome Val d'Europe
#1 of 5 in Montevrain

Been to Relais Spa Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!