“Amazing hotel- great holiday”

Club Tarhan Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Myself and my partner just got back yesterday from a weeks stay here and we had a lovely time. The grounds them self are amazing, the hotel is set out in little individual apartments which look great. On arrival we were given the choice of a room close to everything but the view being the car park, or a room a little bit further away but with an amazing sea view. Being not bothered about the walking we went for the sea view room, were one of the workers took our cases and showed us the way which was really good.

The rooms were basic, but they fit the purpose. We had a very big balcony so spent a lot of time sunbathing on that. The maid came everyday and did a quick make of the bed and a once round the bathroom. The bed was a bit uncomfortable but is fine for a week or so.

The food was really nice, however like all inclusive resorts it did get a bit repetitive but you will never go hungry! I'm a vegetarian and even I managed fine with a selection of vegetable dishes, rice, pasta, chips, salad, pizza and crusty bread being an option every night. The breakfast was a very traditional Turkish breakfast, but again you wouldn't go hungry they still had stuff like eggs, sausages, beans, eggy bread and crusty bread. They had all the continental bits as well like toast, cereal and fruit. My only complaint was the food could of been slightly warmer, I know generally there not in this type of resort but I have been to places before when the food is warmer. The lunch was very similar to the dinner so myself and my partner went to the snack bar for lunch. This was excellent for a quick fix, they did all your standard stuff like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, salad, rice, soup and ice cream.

Another good thing about this hotel was the drinks- I have been to some all inclusive places where there's limits on the all inclusive and they can be quite stingey on the alcohol. However this wasn't the case here, there was a huge range of drinks on offer and the measures where huge! You almost had to look away when they were pouring your drinks in! Some reviews complain about getting served at the bar, but both myself and my partner didn't have any problems with this.

The resort has both two outdoor pools and a indoor pool which is great so it suits everyone. The pool area was always fairly busy, so we liked to go around the corner from there on the grass area where there was a selection of loungers there. This looked onto the sea so that was really nice.

The resort has a supermarket on site which is really handy for any extra bits you need which was handy. The resort also has a spa on site which was really nice myself and my partner booked in for a Swedish massage each (extremely cheap) which I was skeptical of at first as you know what they say about being careful abroad etc. However being qualified in massage myself I knew the dos/dont's, it was all very professional looking and was absolutely fine! The massage itself was brilliant, one of the best I have ever had and it really did relax us, prefect start to our week!

Over all we had an amazing week! Don't be put off by any bad reviews! Its good for family's and couples as its such a big resort you will always find the quiet OR there will always be something going on!

Room Tip: The blue building has an amazing view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chloe G
Efgan D, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Chloe,

Thank you so much for your nice words.

We all really try our best to make evreyone's holiday a special one. And it is the biggest prize to know that we make things right. I will definetly share your kind words with all my team friends.

Thank you again, you have been with us and it was very nice to known you all.

Hope to see you all soon again.

Best Wishes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ( 35+30) are just back from a 7 night stay at the Majestic Hotel, staying at the back end of September 2013. Before I say anything I'd like to say we had a FANTASTIC week away. Our plan was to spend a week at an all inclusive, not really leave the complex and just relax. You might then wonder why we've only given the Majestic a 3/5 score ? Reason is, while it is indeed a nice hotel, there were a number of small things that just let it down. They weren't huge, and certainly not big enough to effect what we wanted from our holiday ( well nearly). But the reason why I highlight them is they are soooooo simple to fix it's almost painful! We certainly weren't the only people we heard mentioning them...
1) Tropic Bar/Swim up bar.... people do love a swim up bar. The idea of swimming about then sitting on a chair half in the water seems to appeal to loads! I must say I was delighted to see the hotel had one. However... the idea behind one of these is you can 'swim up' and actually get a drink! We sat around the pool with the 'swim up bar' for the majority of the week, but the lack of any bar staff at it was shocking! Literally HOURS would pass without anyone staffing it, and this despite it's opening hours only being 1200-1700. On the very brief times a member of staff was there, the bar became packed and you could see people loved it. But no sooner had the member of staff turned up, they had gone! They were literally on there for 10 mins max. People even started leaning over and serving themselves. Easy way to fix it... take one of the 4 or 5 members of bar staff from the other pool bar and get them on it! Easy.

2) Restaurant food- This was ok. However, several items weren't very hot. Infact the chips were frequently cold. I only had the chips once because of this, but check them every day ( by nicking 1 or 2). Also the same 'main meal' items seemed to get churned out each night. The odd new item but not many. Not saying those main meal parts weren't nice, just got repeated far too much. I've been in other all-inclusives in Turkey with far, far superior food, both in the quality of it's preparation and it's variety.

3) Entertainments team- Some pretty poor communication during our week. I've read others saying they are awesome so maybe it's just a blip. However, we were interested in doing the airgun shooting. Their 'communications board' had it starting at 11am daily. My girlfriend even saw the guy the night before who said it was at 11am. So we turned up, waited for 25 mins.. nobody turned up! not good! Turns out it was cancelled. But if it's cancelled why not just put a sign up at the location or on the 'communications' board?? Again an easy thing to fix and stop frustration. The following day we went again and this time he was there! seems a bit hit and miss. About 6 other people had turned up too. he took all our names then called us up one by one to have a go. Now considering an air gun is still a pretty dangerous thing you'd there would be some sort of chat before hand, advice how to hold it, where NOT to point it etc?? Not here!! Was just gun in ya hand and off you go! To make matters worse we only got to fire it twice each! seemed a bit pointless. Lasted all of 10 mins.

4) Mini bar in room... Given 1 bottle of beer, 2 bottle of coke, 1 bottle and fanta and 2 bottle of water for free on arrival for us to 'Enjoy' ( according to the info sheet). No gripe at that, and enjoy we did. However, With bottle with proper lids/caps you do actually need a bottle opener to get into them! this was sadly missing. Joked about with about 10 other couples round the pool and it was the same in ALL their rooms too. So if any of the bedside tables have big chips into the wood, it's because we've been smacking the top of the bottles off them to open them up! Simple solution.... Put a bottle opener in there!!!!!!

5) The beach. Now the sea is lovely! Warm and really shallow for what seems like ages ( by shallow I mean knee height!). great for the kids. The sand is ok too. However, the hotel only has a small ish part of beach to look after, and this part is scattered with fag butts all over the place! Mountains of them. Ever heard of a litter picker?? There you go, I've already given the solution :)
While I'm on the issue of the beach.. if you walk either side of the hotels grounds it resembles Great Yarmouth after a nuclear winter!! ( not the hotel's fault mind).

* there were a few other small bits, but they were the main ones. As I said none were big enough for us to not enjoy our stay. However some attention to some very simple things would improve the hotel in a very big way.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan P

Dear Alan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your stay experience. Your oppinions are very important for us to improve our negatives. First of all, I wish to apologize for any unhappiness and dissatisfaction.

Please be assured that we take such feedback seriously and the areas highlighted in your comments are being addressed for immediate improvement and permanent resolution.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to count you once again among our guests.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 11 nights. Overall the resort setting was amaizing. Very pretty and scenery to die for. The pier was our fave place to relax as it was peaceful and away from the boom boom music around the pools, although u have to get there early for a lounger. Only downside to this was that there are no bars near the pier meaning u have to walk to the pool bar for drinks. The rooms are very dated and in need of renovation. The toilet system leaked the whole time and we used towels on the floor to stand on. The outside of the rooms look lovely but Unfortunately the inside lets it down. The bed was extremely hard and blankets didn't fit. We had to ask for extra sheets to keep us warm. The food was good overall however was always cold and repetitive. There were many cats in the restaurant areas one of which someone had seen spray on a persons bag which had been left on the floor. The waiters were very quick to clear away the plates, probably a bit too quick as we went for second helpings and our table had been cleared, drinks and all. The main down point for me was when I found 2 used condoms laying on top of the dirty linen baskets which are outside near the pathways. Very off putting. Many people also complained about fleas in the resort and being bitten. The excursions are a must if u visit this resort as it breaks up your time here. The animation team wasn't very English and we spent most evenings in the room. I won't be going back to this resort Unfortunatly and during our stay we heard rumours that the rating had gone down to a 3* by a few travel agents.

Dear Jen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We take feedback very seriously and will take your comments on board as we are continuosly improving aspects of our hotel to ensure all our guests have an excellent holiday. We wıll pass a message about your feedbacks to our manager departments for makıng better changes. Actually we are workıng about thıs now.

We hope that you will give us a chance to make your stay a great on!

Best wıshes!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from a 7 night stay all inclusive. The hotel made me and my friend speachless on arrival! Amazing views and such a tidy resort! With its own beach and water sports!! All the staff were so friendly and would go the extra mile to ensure your holiday was enjoyable! The guest relation manager was excellent, very helpful and professional. The only issue would be its location, however local minibuses are available down the road for incredibly cheap prices and excursion organisers travel to the hotel to pick you up. Overall I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends and definitly concider returning!

1  Thank megzx89
Efgan D, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments mentioned from your experience. We will be sure to share your satisfaction with our entire team! Our goal is to make evreyone's holiday exclusive.

Thank you again and hope to see you with us in your another holiday.

Best Regards.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Majesty Club Tarhan, Second year we have came and hopefully back next year! Loved every minute of it. It is a beautiful place inside and out, Rooms are very clean. Always see the gardeners keeping it tidy. The staff and entertainers are fantastic and the food is great, plenty of choice and cooked right in front of you, I preferred the wedgers to the chips though. There is also a little corner that makes pasta which i loved and you can ask for which way you want it served! Every morning you get a clean towel for sunbathing on and can take as many bottles of water as you wish, There are two big pools a little one for the children and an indoor pool also some slides and a beautiful beach and a kids club so children will definately not get bored. There is even a disco for adults/children and the music is great.

If you ever have a problem ask Ferdi who deals with the guest relations and he will sort it out straight away for you, Couldn't ask for a nicer man.

Hopefully we will be back next year, fingers crossed! :) x

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

See you definetly on your next visit.

Best Wishes .

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We hsd a fantastic time at Majesty. The staff were very friendly and hard working. They had a good sense of humour. The only downside was the bedding. The covers were to small for the beds only covering half the width. They were also made of what can only be described as tea towel material. That asides we would definitely stay there again and have already recommended the hotel to our friends. Thank you all for a great holiday.

Dear Jimmy,

Thank you for your time to write this review. We are happy and excited to you had such a great visit. All members of the Hotel do their best to everybody enjoy their holiday with us. We will aim on the all the issues you indicated on your feedback and we will try our best to fix them things to make sure evrey our guest have a great time in our resort.

We hope you will return to Majesty Club Tarhan Beach in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have had a lovely stay at this hotel from 13th sep for a week. I went on holiday on my own for the first time and felt totally relaxed and safe.

I had a lovely room on the lower ground floor with a little patio area.The rooms are adequate but a little dated in dark wood and the TV on the wall could do with being a little bigger. I had 2 single beds and there was also a pull out sofa bed. Bathroom was a basic shower / sink etc.There is a small mini fridge but once the supplies have gone they are not re- stocked which i havent come across before????

The grounds and pool area are kept beautifully and there is always plenty of beds available after 9am so no rushing to put towels down. I spent most of my time on the beach and towels where supplied also. The beach is ideal for families with small children as the sea was always shallow and crystal clear. There is an eating area on the beach that serves snacks throughout the day and also cokes/beers and ice cream.

There a 3 a la carte restaurants, i went to the fish and italian, they where ok but nothing to get excited about and also the food was only just warm.

The main restaurant had a good selection of food and catered for all nationalitys so please ignore any moans on here that say other wise, you will not starve here. Probabally no english back bacon or english pork sauages but surely people dont expect them ?? haha

On the whole i did enjoy myself as a solo traveller, i enjoyed other peoples company and was also invited out with other familes which was nice and never felt alone as such. Dont be put of by moaning reviews on here, go any enjoy and experience for yourself.

Room Tip: My room was 427 away from pool bar area so quiet, also lower ground
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank trents
Efgan D, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us during your visit. Your feedback helps us to hear what our guests are saying and look for new ways to engage and delight them throughout their stay.Our local flair and energetic staff bring the spirit of Majesty into each guest experience and they truly work to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here, and hope there will be many more visits to come in the near future.

Best Regards.