“what you need”
Review of Panormos Hotel

Panormos Hotel
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed April 19, 2013

this hotel is for me any way in a great location its far enough away from the town centre not to be noisy its close enough for people who can walk with no problems to stroll to the beach or hop on a bus cheap as chips lol.
the pool is great the food I found ok but the hotel is near some great places to eat that the locals use so you know they are gonna be good its very close to the supermarkets if you go self catering.
the staff work long hours they work none stop and put up with loads of crap from us drunken Brits so please respect them and they will look after you very well.
I've booked to go back to this hotel and I picked it out of all the others for its location its pool and cos I know my way around the local area I wont be eating along dolphin square or the sea front can pay them prices and less in the UK I will eat where the locals eat Sara and alo 24 and other places near the jewellers I hope its still open.
for all you lovers of Turkey and them who go to Bodrum and Marmirus give Altinkum a try for me its better value nicer beach and a all round lovely place to visit with so many trips to visit.
I hope I aint gone on too much but I hope you like Altinkum as much as I do.

we will be there 4th July for 10 nights cant wait.

Room Tip: in june july aug sept take high sun factor and look after your self
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Panormos Hotel

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We go to the Panormos every year and so does our Family. This is a small and Friendly hotel very basic, but cosy. Last year it had a refit and put new windows in and also redecorated all the rooms. The pool is very big and always kept very clean. People who own their own property also use this hotel even though they have their own pool, you meet a good crowd of people, The food is also very good and not expensive. THIS HOTEL IS A GREAT 3 STAR HOTEL.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the front of the hotel
Reviewed February 27, 2013

One word for this hotel is DISGUSTING! Never in my life have I come across such a tacky, cheap place, even in Turkey! Stayed for 2 weeks as a family, hotel was awful, food was rubbish and drinks overly-priced!

The bad:
-Rooms were tiny, with no adequate storage place, just a 3 foot high cupboard and a few pegs.
-Bathrooms were cramped and dirty, and the sewege system made the bathroom stink.
-Balcony had a view of some buildings, dry grass, dumpsters and stray dogs loitering.
-Drinks were weak and overly priced.
-Supermarket next door sold drinks for half the price, which you weren't allowed to bring into the hotel. Staff watched you like hawks as you drank your drink standing outside of the gate.
-No food or drink allowed in rooms, not even water if it wasn't purchased in the hotel.
-Air con cost 50 liras and so did safety deposit box.
-We had a plastic board on our balcony that rattled in the wind keeping us awake, when we asked to get it fixed, their method was to stick rolls of loo roll behind it to stop it from moving.
-Owners unfriendly, and allowed their dogs to walk around resteraunt.
-Owners children/grandchildren scootered around the resteraunt banging into tables.
-Went half board and dinner consisted of about 3 starters (1 being 2 bits of garlic bread) 6 main courses(mainly chicken!!) and 3 deserts, that became VERY tedious after 2 weeks.
-Same choice for breakfast every day.
-Hotel didn't just need a re-decorate, it could of done with new walls and a roof!

The good:
-The pool was very well looked after and was impecable!
-The staff were friendly and tried hard, especially murat(excuse wrong spelling)
-Bar staff were friendly and helpful.
-Great location, 20 minute stroll to Didim beach and shops.
-Main strip(Dolphin Square) has some great resteraunts and bars.
-Weather was fab, got a great tan!
-Went on a boat trip that was good fun!

Overall, we are not fussy, we were just incredibly ripped off for the price we paid for this truly awful hotel, however nice the staff are, they do not make up for this rubbish place!

Panormos, we are glad to see the back of you!

1  Thank EllisS090
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great pool and friendly staff just aren't enough to convince me to go back in a hurry.
Hot water is only available from 6.00pm-7.30pm, if you're lucky.
You do get tea and coffee in your room, but once the sachets run out, you will have to pay 1 lira for each item from reception or get a jar from the supermarket next door.
I'm not a snob, but this hotel would really benefit from a little investment.
I only paid £79.61 for a family of 3 for 8 nights, so i wasn't expecting much from my 1st visit to Turkey, but was impressed with the staff and food, apart from breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the owners room, he may have hot water
2  Thank Fulhamell
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Rooms clean. Beds made and fresh towels every day. Adequate breakfast with home made marmalade. Large clean swimming pool and freindly staff all for £102 for two for a fortnight's stay. That's about £25 each a week each! Cheaper than staying in a tent!

Room Tip: North facing are cooler
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A clean, friendly budget hotel where the staff go out of their way to be helpful. Good quality food, at reasonable prices. A large, clean pool that is in the sun all day . No wonder alot of ex pats use the hotel for the day!The hotel is away from the loud bars and discos (about 20 minutes stroll) but close enough when you want them or the shops. An excellent choice for a relaxing time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed September 20, 2012

had a brilliant time.thought last year was good,but this year was better.Going again in june with 16 family and 8 friends.Staff are brilliant,food is very nice and reasonable price.I cannot fault the service we recieved in the 3 weeks we stayed there.I would recommend it to anyone.FANTASTIC.

1  Thank michael l