“lovely!”

Kum Hotel
Kum Hotel
Ranked #34 of 59 Didim B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in the Kum Hotel from July 11th- 25th with 2 friends and did not know what to expect due to some of the other reviews that I had previously read, when we first arrived the room we was given only had two beds in it, however this problem was soon sorted as we were promptly brought another bed which was great although having three beds in the room did make the room a little cramped. As it was very early hours of the morning that we arrived we stayed in the room for the night and the following day was moved to a different room that was slightly more spacious and had a better view from the balcony. One day when the room had been cleaned the beds had been made with lovely flowers which really did make us smile! The location of the hotel is perfect and is literally a few meters from the beach as well as being very close to everything. I had no problems at all with the cleanliness of the hotel. The service at the hotel was great & all the staff are so lovely and friendly they would do anything for you. Although the hotel could possibly do with a little updating, the fantastic location and especially the great customer service I received from the brilliant staff really did help make my holiday even better! I would most definitely stay here again and would recommend the Kum hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abbeyx

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Kum Hotel last year in May 2012.

The hotel is ideally situated as it is on the sea front, perfect for families.

Yes, the room are very basic and in need of a lot of TLC, but this was balanced out by the very friendly staff including the Manager and his lovely fiancé, who could not do enough for you.

As a previous review said “what do you expect for £3 per night” come on!!

Would I stay there again, yes I would, the breakfast in the morning was served to us by the pool, what a lovely way to start the day.

The rooftop terrace restaurant has magnificent views across the bay, the candle lit tables gave the whole restaurant a very romantic feel. The food was good, would definitely recommend this to anyone staying at the hotel, a must not to be missed.

The reception area again was basic but comfortably

The service was very excellent, which made out stay in Altinkum very memorable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank gTomkings
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner and i booked a week here via package deal.we are 24 & 26. We arrived at 3am tired and were met by a scruffy man who spoke little to no english, who was tpo busy on his phome to greet us. he told us to wait while he was doing what he was doing. he offered us a cigarette amd pointed us over to a seating area with ripped chairs then my bf approached him qith our paperwork and he asked for our passports for him to keep which i objected to as the hotel didnt seem right to us, it is situated down a what can only be described as an alleyway! After much confusion a child showed us to our room where he had to prize open the door and let us in. as we put our bags down we realised the headboard was broken, dirty pillow and sheets. smashed 14" telly. shower on toilet, smash wood in wardrobe. broken patio furniture. door wouldnt close properly. my partner did not feel safe at all and spent the night awake worried someone might come in to our room. in the morning we got our suitcases and went to get our passpprts. the manager was unhappy to say the least that we were leaving and made me write a letter to say it wasnt the hotels fault we were leaving. which i did as things were getting hostile! We found a hotel esra appartments which was lovely and £250 for both of us for the week. there was no way on this gods earth that we were going to stay there another night! this place is unbelievable. also the pool is green. it may look like its coloured tiles or lighting on the photo(which is what i thought it was) but no that is the colour of the water!! Please, do not go here. there is no way this could ever produce a nice, relaxing, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

we have all ways found the manager and staff pleasent and respectful. yes i agree the room could do with refurbishment but they have always been clean with a cleaner every two days. the breakfast you just ask and you can have anything you wish and for £3.00 per night and the middle man gets a cut i don't think you can go wrong. there are far better hotels in altinkum but pay your price. it's your choice what you pay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am a 55 year old male who has travelled for pleasure and business and I have to say this is the worst hotel ( if you can call it that ) that I have ever had the displeasure of staying at.

My partner and I had booked 9 nights at this hotel starting 02.10.12.On arrival around 11pm on the 2nd we were shown to a grotty room on the first floor although we had requested ground floor accommodation. We were told if we ddint like it we could move the next morning .The room we were shown to was very small with a 2ft narrow built in closet that was to act as our joint wardrobe .There was nowhere to store cases .The shower was in fact a shower head attached to the wall next to the toilet, so if you showered, the toilet seat and toilet paper got soaked.Worst of all though, the place was filthy.The carpet was marked, the bed linen was marked , the bedcover on one bed was dirty with fraying edges.The mattress had disgusting rust brown marks all over it.The pillows had what appeared to be a kind of ticking material as the pillow case.
If you sat on one of the balcony chairs you were in danger of splintering your leg.
At this time at night I couldnt do anything to rectify the situation so we decided to wait till morning to see the manager to complain.

During the night we were treated to a loud recital of Scottish poetry by the drunken person in the next room who decided that he would come out onto his balcony and entertain us all ( I dont think ).

When I went to speak the manager the next morning the staff had to wake him up .I politely told him the room was not up to the standard of a 3 star hotel , citing examples and was told this was "impossible ,we cleaned it yesterday " and he promised to sort it . After a breakfast that was dumped on a plate in front of us , which included tired looking cucumber, sliced sausage with a cold fried egg, and after watching a Turkish guest go out and come back with their own fresh bread , looking out onto a swimming pool that had unclear green water in it , with my partner sitting next to a flower pot that contained broken glass , we decided to contact our trip organisers and explained to them we were not prepared to stay there another night.

I am not normally the type of person who rushes to complain and this is the first time I have ever posted an online review
We werent expecting 5 star standards, just somewhere clean and reasonably sized.My partner has backpacked in the past and said the Kum hotel was more of a pension than a hotel.
The hotel did clean the room and changed the bedding but that was all - no offer of another larger room , no clean mattress no new balcony chairs .

When I asked for our passports back so we could move out , the manager was reluctant to hand them to me so I had to snatch them off him. Although a female member of staff helped carry my partners case downstairs, not a further word was spoken as all the staff just watched as we left in a taxi.
The hotel we moved to although still in the same star bracket exceeded our expectations by far. I am aware all hotels have good days and bad days but this is the worst hotel I or my partner have come across .Please, please ,please do not stop here you will regret it if you do !!!!!.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

i booked for 7 nigths from 21st july 2012... on arrival was greeted by general manager who was pleasent. he booked us in then left the hotel. I was then shown to my room by staff , the room was small , dirty , very noisey ,the furniture was old and damaged there was blood on curtains and bedding.
I then went to use bathroom and was surprised to find the showerhead just above the toilet ...very handy if you want to save time by using the toilet while having a shower!!!!!
There was some guests arrived back staying in the adjacent room. They said if we had enough money I should leave , they had been there for 10 days and all 8 of them had been sick as a result of the swimming pool . Their rooms had never been cleaned and where a discrace but could not afford to move. I tried speaking to staff but none of them spoke english which was frustrating.

I left , it was 5 am . I booked into another hotel about 10 mins away at extra cost called the atlantik which was excellent in comparison.
I returned the next day to check out to find the room had been let out already...I ask for an explination but was told to get out of the hotel or I would be removed by people he knew??????, i asked to have the police called and was threatened further by the general manager. I was refused a check out reciept and a refund and was asked to **** off on 10 seperate occasions.

I still have the key to the room so if your looking for a small inhabitable room which you may have to share with someone else without notice, guarantees illness within a few days, and you like to be threatened and enjoy being told to **** off then drop me an email and ill post you the key.

This was my sixth time in Turkey but will be my last in this resort what a sh1t hole.

Room Tip: dont stay in Altinkum
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris p
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Were given key to our room.on entry was a smashed mirror all over the floor,although the boy who spoke a bit of English did apologise.another was brought in and stuck up with white tape!.floor was filthy,on liftin a bed to find an earing,the mattress was disgusting!..had a dog barking the whole night long and in the morning the sight of the dog was heartbreaking..it had a collar on with spikes made of wire that was indented in her skin and her boobs were almost hanging off..on day 3 I got very sick and put this down to the filth,the pool is disgusting and filthy!.lights were dodgy coming on and off,falling down on our heads!..please don't stay here,I was so poorly that the local Romeos who are our friends were going to call me a doctor for free..we all got sickness and diarreah..the Atlantic hotel were so worried about us that he offered us to his hotel every night so we went back as late as possible!the only plus was how near it was to the beach, best restaurant is Romeos ..great bunch of boys and good food!..best hotel by far is the Atlantic!!..fab guy taken it over who is so willing to go out of his way for anyone..I recommend this hotel by far!..you will not be disappointed x

• Stayed: July 2012