“chris...... wigan”

Kum Hotel
Kum Hotel
Ranked #34 of 59 Didim B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2012

i booked for 7 nigths from 21st july 2012... on arrival was greeted by general manager who was pleasent. he booked us in then left the hotel. I was then shown to my room by staff , the room was small , dirty , very noisey ,the furniture was old and damaged there was blood on curtains and bedding.
I then went to use bathroom and was surprised to find the showerhead just above the toilet ...very handy if you want to save time by using the toilet while having a shower!!!!!
There was some guests arrived back staying in the adjacent room. They said if we had enough money I should leave , they had been there for 10 days and all 8 of them had been sick as a result of the swimming pool . Their rooms had never been cleaned and where a discrace but could not afford to move. I tried speaking to staff but none of them spoke english which was frustrating.

I left , it was 5 am . I booked into another hotel about 10 mins away at extra cost called the atlantik which was excellent in comparison.
I returned the next day to check out to find the room had been let out already...I ask for an explination but was told to get out of the hotel or I would be removed by people he knew??????, i asked to have the police called and was threatened further by the general manager. I was refused a check out reciept and a refund and was asked to **** off on 10 seperate occasions.

I still have the key to the room so if your looking for a small inhabitable room which you may have to share with someone else without notice, guarantees illness within a few days, and you like to be threatened and enjoy being told to **** off then drop me an email and ill post you the key.

This was my sixth time in Turkey but will be my last in this resort what a sh1t hole.

Room Tip: dont stay in Altinkum
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris p

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Were given key to our room.on entry was a smashed mirror all over the floor,although the boy who spoke a bit of English did apologise.another was brought in and stuck up with white tape!.floor was filthy,on liftin a bed to find an earing,the mattress was disgusting!..had a dog barking the whole night long and in the morning the sight of the dog was heartbreaking..it had a collar on with spikes made of wire that was indented in her skin and her boobs were almost hanging off..on day 3 I got very sick and put this down to the filth,the pool is disgusting and filthy!.lights were dodgy coming on and off,falling down on our heads!..please don't stay here,I was so poorly that the local Romeos who are our friends were going to call me a doctor for free..we all got sickness and diarreah..the Atlantic hotel were so worried about us that he offered us to his hotel every night so we went back as late as possible!the only plus was how near it was to the beach, best restaurant is Romeos ..great bunch of boys and good food!..best hotel by far is the Atlantic!!..fab guy taken it over who is so willing to go out of his way for anyone..I recommend this hotel by far!..you will not be disappointed x

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ronald1936
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Serhat the Manager and his Staff were fantastic and made us all very welcome and could not do enough to help or assist us. Serhat spoke excellent english and his staff Ali, Mehmet, not sure of the other boy's name and his Fiancee Ozcan (I think) had basic english but communicated with us no problem. They had no issues in carrying our luggage upstairs and assisted us with anything we asked or needed. Can't praise them enough on this. This only thing I can say is that the hotel is in need of refurbishment and could be doing with new beds, bedroom furniture and a shower cubicle in the bathroom. The reception/restuarant area would benefit from new tables and chairs, crockery, new sofas, table linen etc. The rooms could have been cleaned more often but if we did ask for clean sheets, towels etc they were there straight away. We had a continental breakfast in the morning which was lovey and at night we did eat in the hotel as the evening 3 course meal was only 14tl which changed every night, the food was fresh in every day along with the fruit and veg which was organic and delivered by a local farmer each day. It was a quiet hotel but a very short walk into the busy restuarants and pubs of Altinkum. No pubs or discos around or near the hotel so great for light sleepers. All in all if you are looking for a no frills, cheap and basic hotel with lovely staff and food then this is it. Five of us stayed in this hotel and this review I have given is based on everyone who travelled. We would definately go back to this hotel if we were going back to Altinkum. 10 out of 10 for staff but 5 out of 10 for cleanliness etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianne R
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Kum Hotel October 2011 and experiencing at first hand personal assistance from the Manger who helped us through problems with local travel Agents. He spoke quite good English and was moist helpful. The staff to be fair did not speak other than cursory English but were always smiling and helpful. The room was cleaned and there is a picture showing our bed as we found it after cleaning.

We struggle to understand some of the other criticisms on these pages. There was a slight smell from the bathroom, but no more than any Mediterranean coastal Hotel, easily controlled by shutting the bathroom door. Sure it wasn't the Hilton Hotel, in which I've stayed many times, but neither was it Hilton prices. Good value for money and.............talking to the local shopkeepers the whole bay is being refurbished over the winter. Mark this down for 2012

Room Tip: Get a Balcony at the front, you can see accross the bay and over the pool
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank derek w
Reviewed October 3, 2011

we stayed at the kum hotel for the last two weeks, found manager sahat (i think that is how you spell it) very helpful spoke excellent english and went out of his way to make your stay enjoyable nothing was not to much trouble. It is a famely run hotel everyone was nice and always avaliable to help. why people are complaining about the hotel you cannot pay lemonade prices and expect chanpagne, found the location of the hotel very good, rooms are basic but very clean and enough room to hang your clothes and drawer space, we had a lovely two weeks with them and although we were booked in for half board the breakfast we had was good. listening to other people staying in the hotel the food for evening meal was terrific. we would have no hesitation to go back and stay their next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank val m
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We arrived to a friendly greeting by the mgr altho he seemed slightly put out cuz we asked him to carry out suitcases upto our room which was up two flights of stairs!! The room was very basic, beds uncomfortable, not very clean , the hotel was really noisy at night, we were woken at 630am so after two nights we moved into a friends apartment . The hotel is in a great location for the boat trips and walking distance to the beach, bars and restaurants . If your looking for a cheap, no frills bed for the week and are a very heavy sleeper this would suit you.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Vienna1969
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have had the unfortunate displeasure to experience.To all holiday maker please do not waste your precious money on this dump. Upon entering the room it was very evident that it had not been serviced. Two pillows were sunken as if someone had just got up from it and the bedding was crumpled on two of the beds. The headboard was broken and coming away from bed .There was dust and dirt all over the floor. The bathroom consisted of a very small wet room which stank to high heaven of stale urine and there was also a broken toilet seat in the area designated for showering. The shower hose and shower head was covered in muck and on the floor. There was no way I could have considered using the facilities there or even sleeping in such a filthy place. I had serious concerns about my health & safety and had no alternative but to book into another hotel at my own cost. I give this hotel zero rating.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money .
Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family