“Great value for a lovely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Didim
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great value for a lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Venosa is a great hotel and great value for money, the hotel is very clean, and the food is good, and the alcoholic drinks are great. The main restaurant is good but lacks variations, but the a la carta restaurants are really excellent, both offering alfresco dining which is very nice. The swimming pools are kept spotless, and there was always sun beds availible. The Hotel is about 3 miles from Altinkum but there is a good bus service from outside the main enterance. Did not like Altinkum very much it is a concert jungle would advise any guest just to stop in hotel and enjoy the great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terry j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I think the Venosa hotel in Didim is one of the best or even the best hotel in the resort.This is a place where you really get 5-star quality. My seven-day stay exceeded my initial expectations. The hotel's personnel were very polite and friendly; the food was excellent and the chefs offered a varied menu, including both European cuisine and traditional Turkish dishes and pastries. I strongly recommend choosing Venosa hotel because there you get good value for money and you will have a very nice stay there. The hotel has several bars, several swimming pools, several restaurants and other facilities. I am with excellent impressions from the hotel.

3 Thank Liliya C
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at Venosa Beach between june 7 and 15. Hotel has a beautifull location. Sea is just steps away you. Hotel has biggest pool that I ever seen. It's 135 cm deep, clean and there is a bar next to pool. You can enjoy your self there. Hotel is really new, rooms are clean and well furbished. Rooms cleaned everyday we didn't have any problem. Cleaning lady was nice also. Foods were also good too. I'm sure you can find something to eat that you like. There are meat, fish and vegetables everyday. On friday there is a Turkish night and you can find very good Turkish foods there. Animation team was nice. Especially Mario was really good at his job. He knows how to deal with children :-). Hotel deserve his 5 stars. But if you ask why did I give 4 stars because of the customer profile. Hotel sold rooms from some opportunity sites at very cheap prices. They occupied sunbeds with towels even they don't need. Sometimes they fight for the sunbeds, foods etc. Elevators were also problem. We had to wait elevators more than 5 minutes sometimes. If you have a child with stroller it becomes real problem.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is such a glorious building and everything is up to a 5* standard! The pools are clean and maintained and the rooms are cleaned daily and are spotless! The shops inside the hotel are handy and convenient. The most amazing part of this hotel has to be the spa! Billy,fat boy and the other spa staff were so friendly and helpful and the spa facilities were amazing and it is well worth a visit! It was the best part of the hotel and the massage was so relaxing! The food was lovely and there was something for everyone! The bar staff and waiters were extremely polite and helpful! Everything was so plush and such a great value for money! The animation staff were great especially Amanda and the girls. The activities were very well organised and a lot of fun. The beach area was beautiful and we didnt have to get up early to reserve sun beds around the pool or on the beach(Which was nice) the pancake hut was delicious! The hotel is situated outside the main town which makes it nice and peaceful! However it is only a dolmush away and very cheap to catch and frequently running! Defiantly will be going back!! Its amazing!! *however be careful of some of the ruder guests mainly from other countries we learnt to just be rude back and not let them push in or bully their way through as they dont like a taste of their own medicine! You must visit this gorgeous hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank At199
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Not long got back from this hotel, the transfer is an hour and half away from Bodrum. This was my first booking with first choice, normally book direct with Thomson althought they work in partnership now. I wouldn't say this is 5 star yet - its clean modern, however I cant agree that service was good. I was dissapointed that on a late transfer not even so much as a drink was offered. Every 5 star I have stayed at with Thomson the staff have fresh juice at the ready for you goes a long way when you have been stuck on a transfer after your flight. I found the staff were not as friendly in the lobby bar. Food was ok, we found it did repeat it self a lot but just added extras like a lot of spices on the potatoes etc. Deserts were not that fantastic. We went to the mexican restaurant which again was ok service was sloppy meals came 3 but then the 4th one 20 minutes later - it was suppose to be a family meal together. Pool was very cold I have to say my 2 kids age 12 and 8 stayed out which dissapointed them as they went to get in it were straight back out. Ice cream is limited which I have not known before. Drinks there wasn't much to choose from beer and wine mainly some of the spirits did not taste that good. We went on the family cruise day it stopped off 8 times for a swim. We visited the apollo temple that was 5 lira each free for children. Bus was 2 lira each. Beach - its shingle and I have to say there was broken glass and bits of metal in some areas sea was nice though lots of fish round your feet sea was a lot warmer than the pool. Entertainment - was poor it was miss apollo week when we were there though. Hotel is very out of the way if you like going to look at the sights. I would say go see for yourself the hotel as the standard but again for us it was little touches from staff that were missing for us we found first choice rep wasn't that cheerful either at times. So for us the hotel clean, new build so not looking tatty would be a 4 but staff approach a 3. Glad we went for the experience but I'm afraid we would not return we didn't find this side of turkey as friendly as the med side which was a shame. Oh and one of the workers from the spa called him self billy no mates! Was too pushy for us got sick of his same speach every day to pay for the spa I don't like that not 3 times a day by the pool and beach so we didn't have a spa due to him pestering we would have had one if he had only approached us the once didn't take to kindly to him swearing either really round the children! Beds were quite un comfy to. I hope the staff as a team continues to improve to give that friendly banter that the turks are known so well for. I have been as honest as I can but stayed in 2 star hotels with better service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shadow24045
Aylesbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

A very good nice clean hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly especially on our last day when my daughter tripped and fell hurt her arm and we needed to take to the on site doctors as the nurse spoke no English a member of staff from the hair salon translated.
I will say the entrainment is awful only go if its one of the outside entertainers then it will be enjoyable.
If like us you want to venture out, at the end of the hotel were you catch the dulmus bus turn right walk as far as you can it looks like you're going into someone's back garden but it leads to a great beach bar & resturant called aldentes it's really nice typical Turkish place staff very friendly and very entertaining and good price and very child friendly.
Kids love Ali g and his bottle tossing tricks.
One of the best holidays we have had.

Room Tip: All rooms have a beach view and are air con very clean and tidy
2 Thank Chantal F
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

So pleased just got back from the venosa and happy to say I have never been in such a great hotel that is so clean and modern in my life. My girlfriend and I went away on the 27th may for 10 nights and what a 10 nights it was, plenty to do during the day with the animation team have pool games and just generally caring. There were also water sports that were on the beach which they do charge for. The food was out of this world different dishes up every night no stomach upsets nobody moaning and cleaners cleaning your room once everyday with fresh towels and some venosa toiletries. If you want a excellent value for money accommodation and top top class service for a cheap price then it's for you.

• Stayed May 2013