“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Didim
hamilton
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just back from the venosa on 9 th oct staying for a week the rooms are big and roomy all with sea view with private beach the food was good with plenty to choose from plenty of snacks and ice cream from 3 pm to 5 pm the only downfall we arrived at 5 am in the morning and there was no sofa bed in the room for my granddaughter this was quickly rectified with a phone call to reception we had to move along the corridor to another room would go back to this hotel but in the summer months when it is busy

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view so you don't have to pay extra when booking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in Venosa Beach Resort & Spa.
Yours sincerely.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
houghjinx@aol.com
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Venosa has much to recomend it, it is a lovely building that is modern and spacious. The rooms are large with good showers and beautiful views. There are plenty of sunbeds both on the beach and around the pools and the gardens are beautiful. The beach is peacful and the sea is ideal for swimming.The area is quiet but if you want more action Altinkum is only a short bus ride away.
However the staff were very hit or miss in their attitude and there was no waiter sevice some of the pulic areas espicially around the pool and the toilets could have been cleaner, there was often no paper in the toliets. But my main compliant was the quality and choice of the food, it was very repetative and often cold, we have been all inclusive in Turkey many times before and this was one of the worst for food we have come across.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2017

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I must admit, having read some of the earlier reviews on the Venosa, we were a little nervous going there, however am glad to say we had a fantastic time & our fears were totally unfounded. From the time we arrived in Bodrum with Jet2 to arriving back in Manchester, we had a trouble free & enjoyable time. We booked our holiday with Travel Republic as we always use them , finding their prices very competitive. Overall I have given the resort 5 stars as the tota package was worth it. The accomodation was very spacious & comfortable, cleaned daily by friendly, helpful staff. Meals were excellent with plenty of choice for all main meals, given range of hot & cold dishes. You could not but be impressed with the quality & presentation of the food & it was easily our best all inclusive to date. Staff throughout the resort were so friendly & w esaw nothing of the apparent unfriendliness of earlier reviews, admittedly we were there in mid October when it was getting quieter. We did one day trip to Temple of Apollo in Didim which was really interesting but given the heat during our stay, we tended to stay by the pool & relax.

I would have no hesitation in going back to the Venosa & hopefully will make it there next year again.

Room Tip: two quick tips, if wishing to book a restaurant from the list of three, do it on arrival as they get...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Yours sincerely.
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I must admit when i read some reviews before i went like some others i was a little worried, however it only leads me to what i already knew that some people really are that fussy. If you are the average person with normal expectation then i would recommend to all. Yes ok it is not a UK 5* more a 4* but if you book thought Thompsons as we did it is a 4* in there brochure so we knew what to expect (i.e not silver service). The food was very nice, i am a fussy eater so it would not be fair for me comment (i never went hungry) but my partner is not and tried all sorts of food and said it was really nice, the choice was very good and although sometimes some things are repeated every 3 days not everything is. Yes ok the bar shuts at 11pm but there is no limit (to a point) on you getting a few more drinks to last for a bit longer if you would like, also if you are a spirt drinker they take some getting used to but not uncommon from what i can gather of all inclusives. The hotel was clean and the staff helpful. I would say that the locals (and sometimes the brits) do push in and this can get frustrating but that can not be helped by the hotel and i did sometimes see the staff at the hotel telling the locals to go an stand in line like us. I have never tried an all inclusive before but my partner has and said it was one of the best he had stayed at and although i would say the all inclusive is not for me everytime i did enjoy my stay. Plenty of sunbeds as well so not really a problem getting one also they have cushions on so very comfy, the pool bar that serves food in the day is great and the other very good of an evening. Room was very nice with a great view and also the maids are very good. Pool's are great and even tried the slides which are great fun. Yes some of the staff you could, maybe say are not as helpful as others however i can understand this as a lot of guests that i saw could do with a lesson in manners so i can understand why they can at times not be that helpful but when they get to recognise that you are one of the nicer ones they are very good. Overall we both really enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms have a see veiw and a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again!

Sincerely.
sheffield
Reviewed October 23, 2012

THIS has potential to be a fantastic hotel, the rooms are excellent, spacious, and of course all Sea View, with its own private beach makes for an ideal setting.

This hotel is out of the way from the main resort of Altinkum therefore needs a good selection of entertainment, which was one of the reasons we booked along with looking at the pictures on here, however it seems staff had been scaled down, entertainment seemed none existent down to just 4 people for 14 hours a day.

We found the reception staff to be pleasant, as for the rest of the staff in my opinion should be sacked including the grim reaper (manager) who walked around at the pace of a sloth, had the charisma of the grim reaper.

FOOD was generally cold and as other reviews have said, pretty much the same on a daily basis, the waiters were never helpful, it took till day 5 before we managed to get a table with cutlery on more than one occasion we would get our food I went to get drinks, my partner went to get cutlery on our return food had been taken away, when we asked where it had gone, they just shrugged, we went to get more food, and couldn't believe it when another member of staff had cleared our cutlery and drinks.

DRINKS We found staff very rude, and arrogant, chefs smoking in the kitchen, bar staff scratching their nether regions then putting their fingers inside the glasses before pulling your drink, which mostly was only half a glass, sizes varied, on a evening there was a mixture of different size glasses and some were plastic, no waiter service, which is the first time I have known this on a all inc hols, they could have earned some good tips if they had done this.

ROOMS We had no problem with the room as with all excellent views, tastefully decorated and plenty of space.

CLEANING We found that the cleaning of our room was just basic, sides we doubt were ever wiped and we are doubtful if the bed linen were ever changed during our 11 night stay.

A La Cart I was pleasantly surprised with this and for me the best meal of the whole stay, unfortunately you were only allowed one visit per 7 night stay, so only one visit for our 11 night stay, but hey it had waiter service for drinks, this we feel should have happened throughout the hotel and especially in the lobby bar..

POOL Excellent pools indoor and out.

SLEEP beds were a little too hard for me.

ATTITUDE All staff had an air of attitude about them, you felt like a second class citizen, one thing I certainly don't expect is for drinks to be slammed down own the bar, I noticed when any management went for food the staff made sure there's we're warmed up and treated as if the food was not good enough for them only for the tourists.

OVERVIEW.
This has potential to be an excellent hotel, it looks the part, but lacks the personal touch, whether this is because we travelled in October I'm not sure, but standards should not be cut when coming towards end of season, I don't drop standards with my job before I go away, would I go to this hotel again? Sadly No, would choose Palm Wings Hotel over this, we were there 11 oct to 22 oct

Room Tip: I presume all the rooms are as good as the one we was in.
1 Thank brunodjkj

london
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Booked late via Sun n Sea and then worried that I might actually "get what I paid for"- for the price paid I couldn't have stayed in UK. Hotel is lovely in a spectacular location and designed so that all rooms have sea views - the views are stunning. It is spotlessly clean and the rooms are well equipped. The beach is nice and quiet - away from the pool music and animation team. The food, while edible, is unexciting and got a bit samey by the end of the week - but it was all fresh and so not a real area of complaint. The a la carte restaurant was really just the same food but waiter service. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The area/ town of Didim & Altinkum is not great ( run down and a lot of empty premises) and would not really tempt you to leave the all inclusive of the hotel. If you want a cheap week in the sun where you don't really have to leave the hotel - it would be hard to find better. Just an afterthought - mattresses are very firm!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 19putney

Sincerely.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed in the Venosa with my girlfriend for 9 nights. Overall I am glad that I went on holiday, but as for the hotel only the building was 5 star. I am well travelled and will be fair.

CHECK IN- Rude and unhelpful. Room was booked as a double and was given a twin, no apology just a shrug of the should and told to "push the beds together"

ROOM- Nice room and well furnished. However dirty bathroom, dirty room, bed sheets not changed, just not too pleasent.

POOL- Like Benidorm the TV programme, just a joke. Loud music, Rubbish entertainment, kids everywhere. BUT the pool itself was always immaculate.

Pool Bar- Quarter pint glasses for adults- enough said. Water bottles srved hot.

SNACK BAR- If it were in England it would be shut down on hygeine basis and aweful service.

Main Dining Room- Like school dinners. Flies on food. No waiter service for drink so you had to queue up while your food was on the table. One time I was queing and came back to find my meal had been cleaned up.

FOOD OVERALL- Just aweful, bland, same meals every night, flies all over it. CHEF's SMOKING IN THE KITCHEN

The thing that really spoilt the holiday for us was the service. The staff were rude and not interested in helping. If you asked for anything they grunted. If you needed something they couldn't do it.

Dirty plates left around all day. Half pulled drinks in tiny cups. No offer of drinks when you ran out. Just not waiter service at all. POOR.

HONESTLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO A 5 STAR HOTEL BEFORE AND ARE LOOKING FOR A 5 STAR HOLIDAY AVOID THIS PLACE. IT IS A 3 STAR AT BEST!!! This place taught me never to book on price again.

I can only imagine the people rating it 5 star on here have been going to 3Star and below before, Venosa is an aweful hotel.

Room Tip: Higher is better as they place aweful cheesey music from 10AM and the bars are loud until 11.30.
4 Thank 486HonestReviewer
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Ön Büro Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2017