“Majority of staff need to be replaced”

Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Didim
sheffield
“Majority of staff need to be replaced”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

THIS has potential to be a fantastic hotel, the rooms are excellent, spacious, and of course all Sea View, with its own private beach makes for an ideal setting.

This hotel is out of the way from the main resort of Altinkum therefore needs a good selection of entertainment, which was one of the reasons we booked along with looking at the pictures on here, however it seems staff had been scaled down, entertainment seemed none existent down to just 4 people for 14 hours a day.

We found the reception staff to be pleasant, as for the rest of the staff in my opinion should be sacked including the grim reaper (manager) who walked around at the pace of a sloth, had the charisma of the grim reaper.

FOOD was generally cold and as other reviews have said, pretty much the same on a daily basis, the waiters were never helpful, it took till day 5 before we managed to get a table with cutlery on more than one occasion we would get our food I went to get drinks, my partner went to get cutlery on our return food had been taken away, when we asked where it had gone, they just shrugged, we went to get more food, and couldn't believe it when another member of staff had cleared our cutlery and drinks.

DRINKS We found staff very rude, and arrogant, chefs smoking in the kitchen, bar staff scratching their nether regions then putting their fingers inside the glasses before pulling your drink, which mostly was only half a glass, sizes varied, on a evening there was a mixture of different size glasses and some were plastic, no waiter service, which is the first time I have known this on a all inc hols, they could have earned some good tips if they had done this.

ROOMS We had no problem with the room as with all excellent views, tastefully decorated and plenty of space.

CLEANING We found that the cleaning of our room was just basic, sides we doubt were ever wiped and we are doubtful if the bed linen were ever changed during our 11 night stay.

A La Cart I was pleasantly surprised with this and for me the best meal of the whole stay, unfortunately you were only allowed one visit per 7 night stay, so only one visit for our 11 night stay, but hey it had waiter service for drinks, this we feel should have happened throughout the hotel and especially in the lobby bar..

POOL Excellent pools indoor and out.

SLEEP beds were a little too hard for me.

ATTITUDE All staff had an air of attitude about them, you felt like a second class citizen, one thing I certainly don't expect is for drinks to be slammed down own the bar, I noticed when any management went for food the staff made sure there's we're warmed up and treated as if the food was not good enough for them only for the tourists.

OVERVIEW.
This has potential to be an excellent hotel, it looks the part, but lacks the personal touch, whether this is because we travelled in October I'm not sure, but standards should not be cut when coming towards end of season, I don't drop standards with my job before I go away, would I go to this hotel again? Sadly No, would choose Palm Wings Hotel over this, we were there 11 oct to 22 oct

Room Tip: I presume all the rooms are as good as the one we was in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brunodjkj
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2017
Dear Guest,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Booked late via Sun n Sea and then worried that I might actually "get what I paid for"- for the price paid I couldn't have stayed in UK. Hotel is lovely in a spectacular location and designed so that all rooms have sea views - the views are stunning. It is spotlessly clean and the rooms are well equipped. The beach is nice and quiet - away from the pool music and animation team. The food, while edible, is unexciting and got a bit samey by the end of the week - but it was all fresh and so not a real area of complaint. The a la carte restaurant was really just the same food but waiter service. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The area/ town of Didim & Altinkum is not great ( run down and a lot of empty premises) and would not really tempt you to leave the all inclusive of the hotel. If you want a cheap week in the sun where you don't really have to leave the hotel - it would be hard to find better. Just an afterthought - mattresses are very firm!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 19putney
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again!

Sincerely.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed in the Venosa with my girlfriend for 9 nights. Overall I am glad that I went on holiday, but as for the hotel only the building was 5 star. I am well travelled and will be fair.

CHECK IN- Rude and unhelpful. Room was booked as a double and was given a twin, no apology just a shrug of the should and told to "push the beds together"

ROOM- Nice room and well furnished. However dirty bathroom, dirty room, bed sheets not changed, just not too pleasent.

POOL- Like Benidorm the TV programme, just a joke. Loud music, Rubbish entertainment, kids everywhere. BUT the pool itself was always immaculate.

Pool Bar- Quarter pint glasses for adults- enough said. Water bottles srved hot.

SNACK BAR- If it were in England it would be shut down on hygeine basis and aweful service.

Main Dining Room- Like school dinners. Flies on food. No waiter service for drink so you had to queue up while your food was on the table. One time I was queing and came back to find my meal had been cleaned up.

FOOD OVERALL- Just aweful, bland, same meals every night, flies all over it. CHEF's SMOKING IN THE KITCHEN

The thing that really spoilt the holiday for us was the service. The staff were rude and not interested in helping. If you asked for anything they grunted. If you needed something they couldn't do it.

Dirty plates left around all day. Half pulled drinks in tiny cups. No offer of drinks when you ran out. Just not waiter service at all. POOR.

HONESTLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO A 5 STAR HOTEL BEFORE AND ARE LOOKING FOR A 5 STAR HOLIDAY AVOID THIS PLACE. IT IS A 3 STAR AT BEST!!! This place taught me never to book on price again.

I can only imagine the people rating it 5 star on here have been going to 3Star and below before, Venosa is an aweful hotel.

Room Tip: Higher is better as they place aweful cheesey music from 10AM and the bars are loud until 11.30.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 486HonestReviewer
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Ön Büro Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2017

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

What a place!

Fantastic food, friendly staff, very clean and spacious rooms.

We were immediately upgraded to a family room because our original standard rooms were not ready by the check in time of 2pm. Now THAT'S service...

It really was a great place to enjoy the hotel facilities such as the massive pool, water slides and beach. The food was plentiful and included many traditional Turkish meals alongside foreign favourites. It's only a 10 min bus ride (picked up right at the front of the hotel) to town for some shopping and sight seeing.

It was an excellent start to our holiday and we will most certainly be back!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Snoop X
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in Venosa Beach Resort & Spa.
Yours sincerely.
Liverpool merseyside
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Best all inclusive outside the Carib. Just one criticism, the cocktails were not included in the all inclusive package and at 5 star and the price paid, I would have expected this. The food choice was vast and everything well cooked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Sincerely.
Egyesült Királyság
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The second time I had the pleasure to spend two weeks ago in Turkey.
Both times we chose a hotel in Venosa and were not disappointed!
The beautiful hotel is new and clean, the care is impeccable, the staff friendly and welcoming!
All rooms are spacious and comfortable with sea views, even from the bed of the sea can be seen.

The entire hotel had internet access, free of charge, including sea-breakers.

The delicious dishes are varied and always hot.
Minor alterations were noticed in the previous year, but it's all in the improvement of care.

The reception staff speak good English and are therefore able to answer all our questions and helped us in everything.

The bar staff in the second week, we know what we want to drink, they were very attentive and quick.

The only negative aspect of the mendencék temperature, for me personally, all the water was very cold outdoor pool.

The First Choice Alltel organized excursions (Dalyan, Ephesus) are very interesting, jólszervezettek were, I do not regret that we participated in the trips.

I hope that next year will have a chance to go back!

Room Tip: The higher floors are beautiful views of the
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Yours sincerely.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My boyfriend & I came to this resort for two weeks as it looked lovely in the brochure & we read many good reivews about it. staff were very helpfull when we arrived early hours of the morning. They are always making sure the place is tidy by clearing cups & plates away all threw the day the maids should clean rooms during the day when we were out but they come in the evening instead & clean towels & a make of the beds isn't much of a clean, our covers weren't changed in the time we were here. Food is average we ate out a few times as the food got repetitive & was also not very hot (they had a microwave in the dinning area) not very good for a 5* hotel! They have a few shops on the lower level would not recommend you buy choclate or anything else as all were out of date by atleast 6 month & gave my boyfriend a un pleasent night on the toilet! But overall place was nice & staff were friendly if we came back we would only come back a week 2 weeks is too long!

• Stayed October 2012