“Great animation team!”

Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Overall it was a good hotel. Nice staff, good food, ...

The animation team was great as well, especially Teo. He really made our stay perfect!
He did is job really well & we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Belgium0924
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arrived in the early hours of the morning with the first impression of the hotel being very clean, nice to look at, modern and contemporary. We got led to our room that had 1 double bed and a pull out bed. We had specifically asked for 3 single beds and despite the obvious language barrier we were eventually moved. Once we were put in our room first impressions were the room was quite basic and the fridge wasn’t very cold. The fridge contained one bottle of water and between the 3 of us was not enough.

When we awoke the view from the hotel room was very nice, it looked right over the sea and the pool area. However I wasn’t that impressed with how loud the music was round the pool, its ok if you’re in the mood for it but after you have heard the same Euro pop song at full volume for the 10th time that day your patience wears quite thin.

The staff although friendly, some of them did not look after their personal hygiene and when you are in the restaurant ready to eat this kind of makes you lose your appetite. I appreciate that it is hot but I think the hotel has a duty to make sure guests are comfortable without having to smell someone’s rancid armpits.

The beach was not that kind on your feet however having a water cooler at the bottom end of the beach was a nice touch.

The food was ok. Although there wasn’t many vegetarian options, although not a vegetarian myself it would have been nice to see this. The Turkish night was a highlight of the main restaurant. The puddings were absolutely disgusting, they all tasted like greasy sugar. The pancake hut was amazing, with the spinach ones being our favourite. The A la Carte meal was very nice we went for an Italian night, the wine was lovely however I would avoid the Caesar salad as it was vile.

Drink was readily available with an ok selection. Cocktails and beers were VERY expensive after 11pm so advise to have your fill before then.

On the first day we decided to have a Turkish bath. Although done very nicely the last part where you are massaged with oil saw the lady continuingly laugh while she was doing it, I saw this as deeply unprofessional and it did ruin my experience.

I wasn’t very impressed with the surrounding areas of Altinkum, it was run down and looks absolutely baron.

The Saturday market is a must and was my personal favourite day. I did however catch a pick pocket with 50 lira of mine, luckily I got it back. We also went on a ‘lazy day boat trip’ which was nice and relaxing with plenty of time to jump in the sea.

We went as a party of 5 and did agree that the hotel is not 5 star for British standards. We all agreed it was between 3 and 4 star, I would recommend the hotel as it had everything you need for a good holiday, but not Altinkum and Turkey. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tom C
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have stayed here twice now once in 2011 and in May 2012 , we thought 2011 was excellent but this year has just excelled itself the hotel has hired a top team of chefs each meal time was a delight of surprises of well-presented dishes and variety and taste was impeccable .
The rooms have remained the same as 2011 to a high quality and still has look of being new and well maintained.
The grounds of the hotel is well manicured staff are friendly and polite all in which you would expect from a 5***** hotel and even better that’s it’s an All-inclusive resort.
We found one member of staff a lady by the name of Nurhan The customer service representative ( excellent team member )she made it her business to make sure that all residents enjoyed their stay and was able to rectify any issues quickly and efficiently.
The Hotel loans itself to all varieties of taste Adults, children, couples and Older generation as the grounds are very flat and spacious (the hammocks are very good fun if you dare to try ) but not really all same sex parties on a wild week away.
Although we did not participate in any of the entertainment programme we did view from a distance and here comments of the being good.
One more thing to recommended was the hotel spa very clean enjoyable experience although prices seem to change from the menu displayed so you never really know if you’re getting a good price.
The hotel is not in the heart of Altinkum but the hotel provides a bus service should you want to visit the local village and do a spot of shopping .
We would highly recommend this hotel and resort and look forward to staying with venosa beach again.
Nicky and Jon

Room Tip: All sea view Rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nickynjon
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in Venosa Beach Resort & Spa.
Yours sincerely.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was also the most venosa and thousand nice animation team are the best.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Savel

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This new hotel opened on the 2nd May 2011. The hotel is of an impressive “5 star quality build”. However at times it just fails to deliver that certain “5 star guest experience”.

Most members of staff are working very hard to deliver that certain “5 star guest experience”.
Only at times to be let down by fellow members of staff and their actions.
You can also add to this the rudeness of certain large groups of guests.

I have experienced both positive and negative experiences not too dissimilar from other hotel guests.

I was mentored by the members of staff to place only positive comments on trip advisor and ignore any negative comments I may well have!

One way or another for the past 4 four years we have been returning customers.

However after our stay at the Venosa this may well not be the case for the year 2013.

At the Venosa it lacks that certain "Venosa"!!!

Room Tip: The higher level floors have better views. However it appears that most rooms on the 12th floor have...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2012

After reading some negative reviews on here I went on holiday for our first time to Turkey for two weeks completely open minded as I know some people do just moan!

We arrived at 3am and we were very impressed with the hotel, it is a beautiful building, we went to check in with our two year old son to be told they werent expecting us! We waited patiently and after thirty minutes we were shown a room, it was beautiful however did not have a bed for our son - when I asked where he should sleep we were advised that the double bed was big enough for him to sleep with us. I explained that I was not happy with this and we were eventually moved to a room and had to wait for someone to come and make the sofa bed up for him.....we eventually got to bed by 4.30am. All of the rooms have a sea view and the views are fantastic.

We decided the initial problems should not affect our holiday and got up the next morning for breakfast which was alright. We struggled to get sunbeds, by our second week we were having to be by the side of the pool for 7.30 am to get sunbeds for us and my parents.

The lobby bar is beautiful in the evening and Harum and Ahmet are certainly the best staff in this hotel - they were always friendly and happy to serve with a smile, they engaged with the guests and made everyone welcome! The hotel itself is beautiful and the setting is fantastic, the grounds are kept very clean.

We used the spa for a Turkish massage and an aromatherapy massage - it was brilliant!!!!!! The staff were friendly and welcoming and the treatments were the best that we have had.

The food in this hotel is ok but certainly not 4*, the meals are the same at breakfast and every evening (pasta, noodles, chicken) and the restaurant is literally a free for all - people push in and in my opinion the restaurant is not big enough for the number of guests, my son got pushed to the floor on one occasion in someones frantic rush. As for the people who say the food is fantastic I am left wondering what on earth they must eat back home! We decided to try the a la carte restaurant....the food was of a good standard however the service was poor and somewhat lacking, I had to send my meal back twice as it was cold and when it came back for a third time cold I sent it back and did not eat, my sons meal arrived fifteen minutes later and was also stone cold - we spoke to the Guest Relations personnel and they sent us back for a second meal and this was not much better!! We ate out in Altinkum most evenings and the food was of a fantastic standard, the customer service was brilliant and the price was reasonable.

Unfortunately our rooms were not cleaned every day, on our second week our room was not cleaned for three days in a row - perhaps this was a mistake.

There are very few English guests in this hotel, this is not a problem as obviously we dont go abroad to be surrounded by English - the majority of guests are Romanian, Polish and Russian and on many occasions they were rude! A lot of the staff seemed to make these guests welcome and almost snubbed the British guests, for example in the evening if you go to the restaurant we observed that the British guests were left to get their own clean cutlery and sit at tables that had not been wiped however the other guests had their tables cleaned and reset.

I think the staff in this hotel need to learn some customer service skills, some of them are very rude, however like I said some of them are fantastic!

Although we had some problems our rep was fantastic and the best we have encountered! Please dont read this thinking I like to moan - I have been all over the world and have stayed in many hotels that do really leave this hotel with much to be desired! We made some lovely friends and they really made the holiday special.

This hotel could be amazing, it is beautiful but just doesnt have that spark that you expect! I would not return and unfortunately the rudeness we encountered has put us off Turkey,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank WarwickshireSmiley

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great Holiday, choose the all inclusive option as we went away with another couple with babys. Went early may so the weather was ok, the hotel and the food was fantastic couldnt ask for more. The all inclusive bar finished at 11pm wich should really be 12. Staff at the bars and resturants are friendly and hard working all day, some not very good with English speaking. The Animation/ entertainment crew are great evening and day round the pool, lots to do games/sports. The only downfall was the lack of baby changing facillities for a family hotel there was none at all!! The private beach is quite small but is ok. The hotel is very socluded out the way but town is only 15 mins on a minibus, there is enough to do and be happy with at the resort. Would defiantly return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family