“Brilliant hotel and staff amazing”

Palm Wings Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Didim
portsmouth
“Brilliant hotel and staff amazing”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

10 day break mixed age group of 9 people absolutely amazing hotel and staff would definitely recommend to anybody. Bungalows were lovely and were cleaned daily plenty or room.food was plentiful with enough variation for every taste. All staff were great too.a must do for anybody is the turkish bath it's amazing especiallyif you follow up with a chocolate massage(heaven).

1 Thank shirleyp23
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.
It was a great pleasure to learn that we were able to create an enjoyable and convenient stay for you.
We look forward to hosting you again at Palm Wings Beach Resort in the future.

Palm Wings Beach Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Superb holiday the best family holiday we have had to date we will definatley be going back staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for you day entertainment was good pool games volley ball water polo think they should do more in the pool bar on a night time i prefered to sit up there but kids could have done with a disco where the parents coild sit bk witj a wine whilst the kids were entertained it is a must do holiday destination

2 Thank gavinarm
Dear Guest
Thank you for allowing your precious time to share your comments on your stay at Palm Wings Beach Resort & Spa.
We have been delighted to read your beautiful comments. I would like to say thank you on behalf of my colleagues. Your compliments are already forwarded to our related departments. Hope to welcome you here again.
Kind Regards
stewarton
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel. Food. Entertainment. Fab.
Will be back next year without a doubt.
The rooms are cleaned daily.
The food and restaurant are fab.
Pool area is huge.
Entertainment at night was fab.
Very friendly hotel.

2 Thank lesbow
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review, which was read with pleasure.We are very glad to be able to meet with your expectations. It will be an honour for us to welcome you back in Palm Wings Beach resort
Tabriz, Iran
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed there from 11/09/2013 for a week . Everything was excellent and we enjoyed a lot . I want to say thank to all of the staffs : main resturant , snack bar , bar , kitchen , animation groups and room maids and the others. All of them were hardwork , kind , polite and lovely especilly Mohammed Taskiran in resturant , Berna and cem in animation groups and Mr. Ozkan in snack bar he cooked for me pizza without any spicy everyday. The worst thing was we had to leave there . We would like to return there at our next holiday.
Only the wifi was poor and most of the food was spicy and because of my stomachache they were not useful for me . But last day when the chef came for greeting and asking about the food I told him about my problem and he said if I told him or the others cook they had provided me special menu without any spicy . Again thanks for everything

Room Tip: Rooms in first floors around the small pools
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Javad2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have recently returned from my holiday to Altinkum's Palm Wings Beach Resort (12th Sept - 19th Sept) and must say I was apprehensive at first after reading some rather negative reviews the morning I left. But I must say I didn't agree with most comments that people had written ...
Yes I agree that they seemed to have a wasp problem, however I can't say they bothered me. The wasps were around the pool bar area but I never had a problem with them around by the baby pool or main pool.
I completely disagree with the comments about rude staff, I thought they couldn't have been more polite. They would often have mini conversations with us and always interacted very well with my niece. There were several occasions where they also were more than willing to find tables for us in busy times. In fact one member from my party pointed out that he found the Thomson staff more rude if he was being honest.
Many people complained about the food, and again I suppose this depends on what your expectations have. There was a huge variety of food available though this tended to be repeated on several nights. However this didn't bother anyone in my party. We were quite happy to eat what was on offer. The food was never piping hot and chips were cold when we got them back to the table, but again this wasn't a problem for us. We just avoided the chips. I would advise people to arrive at the restaurants by 7:15 if you want a decent seat (outside was nice) as it soon filled up! I never really ate at the snack bar as nothing interested me, but others from my party did and they seemed to enjoy it.
I stayed in the hotel, and it was always cleaned to a fairly high spec. One negative comment to be made was that the cleaners never came until late in the afternoon, so I couldn't get my new bottle of water until the evening. This obviously couldn't be helped as they had a lot of rooms I get through. Also on one occasion I left a mostly drank bottle I water on the side, and because it wasn't empty I didn't even receive a new one for the next day, which I was disappointed in. My sister stayed in a bungalow, which was huge. They had 3 beds and a travel cot for 3 of them and they found everything great. It was kept clean and they even received rose petals on a couple of days which I thought was a very sweet touch! :)

4 Thank Misswheeler
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2017
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have just returned from a week here with my husband (16/09/13) and felt compelled to write a review having seen some of them bad ones before we left.

Pool/beach
The pool was huge and we never had a problem finding a sunbed. The slides don't interfere with space in the pool and there are plenty of people with lilos etc, but still loads of room for swimming. There is also the relax pool which is a great get away in the late afternoon and again, never had a problem getting a bed.

The beach was the same, plenty of space and the water is crystal clear! Very much a sun trap down there :-)

Food/drink
The food was a great mix of salads, breads, fruit and hot food. Admittedly the hot food wasn't always as hot as it could be, but by no means inedible. The selection changed every day and I was impressed by how much food there was, there was never a shortage considering how many people were eating there, and food was available pretty much 24/7. Ice creams around the pool were lovely too!

Drinks were constantly flowing and the range was great. Cocktails, beer, wine (red, white and rose) and your usual sprits all available as well as Coke, Sprite, Fanta etc. Also machines around the pool and restaurant where you can help yourself to cold water, juice, tea and coffee.

A special mention must go to Abdul in the restaurant who was always on hand to give excellent service and a massive smile. He never stopped clearing tables, setting up for the next family and checking you were ok, he really was brilliant at his job!

Room
The rooms (bungalow) were very clean and had everything you needed. Admittedly they were a little basic for a 5*, but for the time spent in there, this was no major issue to us. We had a problem with our hair dryer, but one call to reception and it was replaced within the hour.

Tips
**You won't need any towels as all are supplied for the pool and beach, as well as on your last day if you need a shower before leaving (there are shower facilities in the indoor pool area).
**Turkish bath was brilliant, would really recommend this.
**Evening entertainment isn't the best, but if you grab a couple of drinks and head to the amphitheatre around 9.30pm you can see the nightly show.
**Feel reassured that you won't need to spend any money in the hotel unless you want to buy extras such as snacks/lilos/games room.
**The tipping culture is really different to anywhere I have been before and not expected in any way. There are a few tip boxes at the bars and in the restaurant, but you don't receive poor service for not tipping!
**The location of the hotel is in a very quiet area, so there isn't much to do directly outside of the hotel. However there are a few small shops and a couple of bars if you feel the need to get out and about.
**There is a small fridge in the room which gets stocked daily with a large bottle of water.

All in all, for a week in the sun with 24 hour all inclusive at a very reasonable price, this definitely exceeded our expectations.

Hope you enjoy your holiday!

4 Thank Lola1476
Stroud, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was our first experience of Turkey and we had a fantastic stay at Palm Wings. We travelled as 4 adults and 3 children aged between 7 and 9. The resort itself was pristine and with regards to the food we felt it was very good, certainly enough choice to prevent us from being bored over the course of the week. Agreed, it wasn't always hot enough though! We could have used the a la carte restaurant one night for free but the menu was very limited so we did not go.

Staff are mostly great but after standing behind some obnoxious families at the bar and hearing how some people spoke to them, it is no wonder they seem fed up at times. Being polite and trying to say thank you in Turkish seemed to be appreciated. Yes the photo team are a little pushy but you can have some banter with them. The shops on site are expensive. If you can hold off basic items and get from the local "tesco" which is less than 5 mins away you will save a lot. Equally the shops in Altinkum have plenty of trinkets and gifts which are easily a third cheaper.

Our children loved the pool and slides. The water is a consistent depth with the exception of the toddlers pool so you do need to be watchful. If the depth of water is an issue then head for the beach, it's shallow for quite a way and crystal clear with tons of fish.

Entertainment isn't particularly good but equally we were never bored.

The ONLY gripe we really had was with regards to the block of rooms where we were staying. They were basic and clean but you did hear everything! In addition, the water in the lobby often ran out, the juice machine never worked and the hot drinks machine often ran out of things. You were left feeling like a lot of time and effort had been put into the resort but these blocks had been neglected. The staff also liked to rearrange the conference furniture at 5 am - not great! By contrast the bungalows looked a amazing so would recommend an upgrade if your party numbers allow.

We didn't partake on many trips but can certainly recommend Aqua Fantasy Waterpark. We would happily return to Palm Wings but would try for a bungalow.

Room Tip: Try for a bungalow! Much nicer. If you are having to stay in the block, request in advance via emai...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family