We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights, shortly before high-season (in the middle of June). My daughter was 2 1/2 years old. Our room had 37m² and "sea-view" (what means no windows to the pool area), about 250 EUR / night for three persons (including breakfast, lunch and dinner)..
First I want to mention that I may understand why a lot of users here vote this hotel with 4 or even 5 points. In my opinion you can do so, if you compare this hotel only to other (family-) resorts. Taking into consideration my experience with high-end hotels this place is average.
I'll try to rate different aspects of this hotel:
+++ bathroom: new, perfectly clean
++ room has a good layout for families (extra mini-room for kids)
++ pool area
~ beach: only a small "sandy" beach
~ food: I don't understand the good votes in this forum; food can not be compared to a "better" restaurant (especially desserts)
--- music during the day and extremly loud music till about 11 p.m. (every night of our stay). One time I asked at the reception to turn the music down - (of course) no reaction, because it's against the idea of generating more profit in the bar-area. The music is so loud that you have to close all windows, turn on the air condition to sleep - and you will still be able to hear the music. The music is 80s disco and "all time hits" & disco/techno. I couldn't understand why this has to be necessary in a family hotel. I will not choose this hotel again because of this reason and I highly recommend to take a (more expensive "sea view"-room) if you are easily annoyed by loud music.
-- lack of style in the restaurant: some people go there eating with swimwear, some with normal clothing.
-- the restaurant-area is too big: about 150 tables shared by hundreds of guests make it impossible to have a relaxed dinner.
- on the German homepage it is mentioned that you can leave your children in the "third year of living" ("drittes Lebensjahr"), this is not true: children have to be at least three years old (otherwise 15 EUR / hour are charged for baby-sitting).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is specially geared towards the wishes and needs of families and offers a high-quality combination of good cuisine, a wide array of sports and activities, and top entertainment. And to make sure that everything works out perfectly, we have childcare services that are varied, entertaining, highly professional, and specially designed to meet the needs of various age groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Falkensteiner Family Hotel Diadora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falkensteiner Family Hotel Diadora Petrcane, Zadar County, Croatia