we booked our holidays with the sun, was our first time and we did the first mistake "didnt look the reviews first" , we pay a extra money for passes and linen that for what my friends said you dont have to pay for this normally, but like I said were our first time and we didnt know
when we arrive the reception was friendly but not information about at all, just give us our keys and no explication about the site that I thought was weird.
the accomodation was clean but is all I can say about it, as very old decoration, very uncomfortable beds and very poor utensilies in the kitchen.
Is not facilities for kids at all in site, the outdoor area didnt look bad but not good when is raining and nothing more to do, the pool is ok ish, and only one of the bars was open in the evening and the kids entertaiment nule, (few songs from a cd, and colouring with crayons) after a hour in there one of the girls that I think was as well the pub manger got changed and converted herself in a cabaret diva for the adults that finish giving us a headache and we left.
the holidays was save as we travel around and we went to see the lakes, adrians wall, carlisle casttle....but that finish in a expensive holidays as you have to drive for more than a hour to see anything
I wouldnt recomended this site to anyone, creepy, old.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Solway Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria