We have just returned from our holiday at Solway and we had a great time. Silloth is only a small village with not alot to do but then we didnt need much else as we had everything we needed on the park. Swimming pool, bars, a lovely little resturant, kids play areas. And our accomodation was very comfortable. We had a lovely lodge that had t.v, freeview and also a dvd player which pleased the kids. It was warm and cosy and even though we had a minor problem with the toilet when we arrived it was fixed very quickly after we told the reception girls.
The park is well looked after and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived to this morning when we left.
The pub bar was a lovely place to have a drink and relax and kept my husband happy with the football being shown!!!!!!
The entertainment was brilliant with something on everyday and night for all generations. And my mum and i were happy as we got to play bingo every night.
I also have an 8 year old and a 13 year old and they both really enjoyed themselves in the kids and teens club.
The farm was a great bonus as my youngest loves animals.
Our only wish is that the rain could have held off during our stay, but even that didnt spoil it.
I'm glad i didnt read some of these reviews before i went as it would have made me think twice. But i can honestly say that we are definatly going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Solway Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria