I have used this holiday village for 11 years now for visiting friends in silloth, it is basic and affordable for what we want. we have always eaten in the nags head bar at night. but I must say last night took the (Michael ) there were 4 adults and 3 children eating and we walked into a pub in darkness except for 3 lights along the bar its self. We found a table near to the pool table as this had some window light to see the menus and to eat are food. I just could not help my next comment to my husband as he walked to the bar " ask them if they want a £1 for the electric "?.
he came back and said he had asked if they could put some light on so we could see whilst we were eating , the young girl said " I am really sorry I cant put the lights on as it effects the flat Screen TV and there watching Manchester united". When I looked around most people were eating and only 2 or 3 people watching the football . after all I had only spent £60 on food and drink to eat it in the dark. never again will I eat in the nags head bar . So anyone going and wants to eat please take a torch to see. A lady did come after we got the food and asked if we wanted a bit of light and put 3 small spot lights near the pool table on .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Solway Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria