After looking forward to a holiday with our grandchildren that we see only rarely do to distance, we were disappointed to find our accomadation dirty, smelling of urine, dirty sheets in one of the cupboards, and the wind howling through gaps and windows and doors. The whole place didn't look like it had been cared for since the 1950's. The food in the bistro was undercooked and bland and while the swimming pool itself was clean the changing rooms were cold and dirty with nowhere to get young children changed and as for carrying a basket and trying to hold onto a wet cold child no hope. Anyone going should make sure they take a shop with them as there is no decent shop on site and silloth itself if a rundown dump of a town with bordered up buildings and no decent shops or restaurants. I know people may say you get what you pay for but surely basic hygiene is a must not something to expect. The only plus side was that the staff were friendly and helpful. We made the most of this holiday by going much further afield to find something that the children would enjoy, however we cut short the holiday because we could not subject our grandchildren to the damp draughty grassmere chalet. The whole place needs a complete refurbishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Solway Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria