We have just returned from a weekend stay at Solway Holiday Village with our grown up children, partners and grandsons (the family are actually still there for one more night, we had to return early due to work).
The girl on check in on Friday teatime was lovely - so friendly and efficient, this was a good start to the weekend, having read some horror stories on Trip Advisor. We had been allocated caravan 2 an "Orlando" and it was very nice indeed (the only gripe I suppose I had was we had to start making up the beds on arrival). However, the bed linen was beautifully laundered - crips white cotton sheets and pillow cases. It was rather cold when we arrived, but the gas fire and heating soon had it as warm as toast. Unforunately there were only two wine glasses for 7 adults and these were mismatched! I would recommend taking your own or plastic ones.
The site was actually very clean and the public areas i.e. the bars and concert room. I can't understand people who have complained about the mud; nobody can help the weather!
The drinks in the concert room are certainly well over-priced - £13.95 for a bottle of wine! £19 for a pint of lager, bottle of wine and a glass of soda water!
The staff were very good with the children and there were some fantastic halloween costumes and our grandchildren really enjoyed dressing up.
Disappointingly there was no entertainment on for today (Sunday) - seems ridiculous when most people go to stay for weekends.
Would probably stay again - especially if they reduced the prices of the drinks in the bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria