Just returned from a family camping trip to Solway Holiday village. We were nearly put off by previous reviews, but everyone glad we went. Site huge, but spacious, with great tennis courts and swimming pool was clean with friendly professional lifeguards (sauna was an added bonus).
Children cycled everywhere as site nice and flat, they enjoyed the small farm which was part of site and had a collection of small ponies, goats, pigs, rabbits and deer.
Reception staff and service people were really helpful and friendly (even blew our airbeds up as we had forgotten our pump!)
We ate in the restaurant and voucher given when booking in, made this affordable and food went down well.
Silloth is a gentle flat walk away.
Management are obviously investing in site to improve amenities and work was being carried out.
Only a couple of minor gripes which could easily be rectified and notices were evident that this was the case.
Increase capacity in dishwashing room and improve showers at pool. I would recommend this site and probably return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria