“A very comfortable stay”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Grey House Silloth, The Annexe is at the rear
From the sitting room window towards the woods
Entrance to the Annexe
Grey House Location, Annexe is visible to the rear of the house
The Green in Front of Grey House
Silloth in Winter
Sunset over Silloth
A Winters day in Allonby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lydford
midlands
“A very comfortable stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed here for 4 days. It was very clean and comfortable ..with an enormous super king size bed! The garden is fully secure for pets which is nice, and it is tucked away in a very private location, but almost directly on the sea front ...we took picnics to sit and look at the sea as it took just moments to walk there from the property.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The crows in the trees surrounding were a bit noisy but they were nesting so at other times wouldn't be an issue...but they didn't spoil our break
Jul 20, 2016
Thank you for your kind comments I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Such a relaxing, peaceful location, real home away from home
Liked least: Nothing that Lorna and Martin can change, unless they can convince mother nature to not rain for the week!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for your kind words Tom, it was good to see you again. I am really pleased that you got your time to relax.
Blobby196...
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed June 30, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We only stayed for 3 days Sunday leaving on Wednesday
Everything you need for a relaxing holiday is here for you
Very dog friendly
Ziggy our sheltie was so chilled out all the time we were there
And he loved walking along the sea front
The king size bed is to die for Unbelievably large and fantastic
If you want to go somewhere to chill out and let the world pass you by this is soooo the place to go

Sometimes it's great to set off back home after a holiday but here I could have gladly stayed longer

Thank you Martin & Lorna for a fantastic holiday break
Fingers crossed we will be back

Jul 2, 2016
Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Lorna
Wolfiekei...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed May 9, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Brilliant accommodation, me and my wife and our beardie collie had a great time here a great base to explore that coastline. We will be back great price, clean and comfy. Owners both very nice.

May 12, 2016
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your kind comments.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Sharon I
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Truly a home from home- Superb.”
Reviewed May 2, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

How do I start ... Firstly, I visited with my 2 son's who were taking part in the local R&T football tournament and I found that the location of the annexe was perfect, it suited our needs perfectly being on the main street and a five minute drive from his teammates who were staying in Solway holiday park just up the road. When we arrived the annexe was lovely and cosy as the heating was on and a lovely touch was that there was milk in the fridge along with tea and coffee so a much needed cup of tea could be had after a long drive down from Scotland. The fact that there is wifi in the annexe was a huge bonus for us as there was no signals (3g, 4g on O2) once we left. Even the holiday parks had no signal ...
Sky tv was also available which was nice and a large selection of dvds were available to play on the dvd player. The super huge bed was so comfy , it really felt like you were on a cloud(corny I know , but not sure how else to describe it ...) it really was a huge hit with the kids. there is everything you need supplied in the kitchen from a selection of cups , plates , glasses and cutlery , it really feels like walking into your own home.
I thought the handsoap and showergel in the shower room and toilet were nice touches too. I actually never had a chance to properly look around the village but I do think that there is not a great deal on offer for kids. I would say however that if you are looking for a quiet holiday with walks then this is the place for you. There is also a folder in the property with lots of usefull information on things to do nearby, places to eat etc.
Although I never met the owners whilst I was there the communication from booking my visit until I arrived was superb. Even when I contacted them after booking asking if I could "add " my younger son , there was no problem at all. I got the feeling that nothing would be a problem for these owners. I suppose there always has to be a negative to a review and mine would have to be that it was really unfortunate that I had to leave the annexe for the football or I could have quite happily stayed indoors!!
Highly recommend this accommodation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved the homely touches.
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
May 3, 2016
I am delighted that you enjoyed yourself and that your boys did so well in the football. We try very hard to make the annexe a real escape with comfort being very important to us. I am really pleased that we met your needs and thank you for your kind comments.
Karenhild...
“Brilliant holiday cottage”
Reviewed November 14, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week in November with our dog. Cottage is beautifully cosy, equipped with everything you could want, including if you want to cook. The decor is cosy comfortable in style and really welcoming at the end of a day's walking in the beautiful area of Solway Firth. The location is fabulous right alongside the green which leads to the coast and you can just pop around the corner to view stunning sunsets across the Firth. Just a short walk to the facilities of the town where there are some lovely cafes and a couple of places doing good meals at lunch time and evening. The fully enclosed garden is great when you have a dog and the owners were friendly and helpful but not intrusive.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cosy atmosphere and location
Liked least: Nothing
JuliaPear...
“Home from Home”
Reviewed September 30, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Absolutely fantastic retreat.
Loved everything about the stay, felt very welcome from the minute we arrived.
We had our honeymoon there in April and loved it so much we're coming back end of October.
Really really can't praise this retreat enough, our elderly staffy Kai loved it too.
Can't wait to see Lorna and her husband Martin again.
Definitely recommend this stay to anyone wishing a get away in a great location with beautiful surroundings and very friendly local folk.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing