“rainy day”

The Gincase Farm Park
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Silloth
More attraction details
Owner description: A large Children's Farm Park, with huge indoor soft play areas, outdoor play area, Animal Barn, 16 outdoor paddock with friendly farm animals, go-karts, quad bikes, and more. Entrance fee for Farm Park only. Plus a quality tearoom serving all home made food, with a large adjoining Cumbrian Craft Barn and Gift Shop A venue with something for everyone.
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
173 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“rainy day”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

went here on a rainy day during the Easter hols, the animal paddocks were closed but you could feed a small selection of animals in the barn, there's also a indoor play area which was very popular, outdoor go-carts and some swings. Food was very nicein the small cafe and shop had some interesting things. a place to go to spend an hour maybe two.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paul R

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Outstanding food makes you want return.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This farm has developed a delightful restaurant serving absolutely delicious food - do not miss the Solway Firth shrimps.

Visited April 2014
York, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What a great find,”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

On a wet and windy day we found the Gincase. What a great place, for the kids there was a big indoor playground with excellent soft play enough to keep our 6 year old happy (she loved the slides!), the outdoor play area with the go karts and she fell in love with Harvey the pony in the petting area. For us parents, we were happy to see our little girl happy, and we enjoyed lovely tea and cakes in the cafe and a browse in the lovely gift shop. The animal paddocks weren't open on the day we went, but for £4.50 per child (adults free) we had a great afternoon on what was a pretty miserable day weather wise. Highly recommend it!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Satihoward
Liverpool
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“My son's first contact with farm animals - best reaction ever. Totally made the day!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

After researching things to do whilst staying in Silloth my husband and I decided to check out the Gincase on the day of my birthday, taking along with us our 6 month old son and 19 year old niece.

After sitting in the lovely farmhouse tea room, drooling over the options of home made cakes, pies, jams, honey, soup and meals we all opted for some tea and scones.

We had a little scout around the gift shop which had some lovely unique crafts,bags, toys and jewellery.

After enquiring with the friendly staff the entrance costs and what exactly it was we were purchasing we were provided with a leaflet. We were advised that the Gincase was offering 'winter prices' as the outdoor paddocks were flooded so the cost was £4.50 for our infant only. My husband wasn't convinced that this was worthwhile however I thought it was worth checking out. I'm glad we did just that.

We purchased some animal feed for £1 and headed to the farthest farm outbuilding, thinking this was the play area, passing by go kart circuits on the way. What we entered was actually the indoor animal paddock. With the exception our cats at home or feeding the ducks, my son has not encountered any other animals. His reaction to seeing the tropical birds, guinea pigs, rabbits, pigs, donkeys, lamas, goats and Harvey the rescued Shetland pony was priceless and is one we'll never forget. He literally was shrieking with joy. We all had fun watching the animals feed out of my hand.

Once finished we went to the indoor play area which again the entrance proved difficult to find. It was housed in another farm outbuilding. This was definitely aimed at toddling children and older with an abundance of little trikes and tractors as well as slides climbing frames and the huge soft play area. My son has a ball pit at home so after making my way through the assault course I took him into the large ball pit where he and I had fun with the suction machine. Afterwards we entered the under 4's area where we had lots of fun with the mirrors.

We didn't use the toilets but did use the baby changing facilities which were clean and adequate.

Overall it was a memorable two hours to a place that we'll definitely return to. I imagine it would be nice in the summer, perhaps with a view to spending more time than we did this visit, however after reading other reviews I would be a little apprehensive about how much it would cost!

1 Thank scottish-scouse
Liverpool
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not just for kids”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were initially put off visiting here due to the fact that the flyer made it look like looked like a children's playground with a couple of animals, but having found ourselves in the area with an hour to spare we took a chance and called in, and we were so glad we did!

It is full of lots of adorable animals who are all happy to be stroked and fed, and we even had a Shetland pony following us around the paddock! Be sure to by a bag of animal feed from reception as it will guarantee that the animals come over to you, especially the goats, sheep and chickens.

If you love animals, the Gincase is definitely worth a visit.

Visited October 2013