Trennerys Hotel
Morgan Bay Hotel(Morgan's Bay)
$127
Gonubie Hotel(Gonubie)
$68
$117
TripAdvisor
Quarry Lake Inn(East London)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswild coastfamily holidayseafoodget awayvalue for moneythe riverfood was greatstaff were very friendlygreat familybird lifebeautiful beachgreat weekendsaturday eveningthoroughly enjoyed our staykeep up the good workservice was excellentgreat fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed on our first night before starting a trek along the beach to East London. Trennerys has something for everyone...tennis court, beach, fishing, Trevors Trails...plus a nice cold drink in the bar for the grown ups. Food was average but the staff sense of humour made up for it. Only stayed one night...wish it was 5!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MiaandHunts
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I visited Trennerys Hotel for the first time about a month ago. From the minute I got there I took off my watch, turned off my cell phone and I could feel my stress slipping away. I had a great time with my 6 year old daughter on the beach and she even got to ride the Donkeys on the beach. We went on a stunning walk called Trevors Trails that took us to some places that took my breath away. I did not get to see the Shipwreck that everyone talks again, but have vowed I will be back and go and see it. I was amazed at how spacious and well maintaine the bedrooms were I even had a lovely king size bed. My weekend at Trennerys was a breath of fresh air in my busy life Will I be back - oh most definitly yes. Thank you to Sherwin and his team , as the saying goes - I'll be back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ivan R
Reviewed July 28, 2012

OK, I last stayed at Trennery's as an 10 year old in 1961! Re-visiting 'Transkei' memories on a trip from my home in Sydney recently I apprehensively booked to stay there again. What an excellent experience it turned it turned out to be. The resort has been updated but hasn't lost any of its authenticity. Its location is in an unspoilt paradise - the sound of the ocean from the nicely appointed but simple 'rondawel' is so relaxing, great facilities (a good bar with a decent wine list, rugby on the big screen etc) & the staff are super friendly without being intrusive. The restaurant's wholesome fresh food (freshly caught seafood one night) was just excellent. Beautiful beaches without footprints, rolling green hills etc etc. .......I want to go back now!

Room Tip: try & book one the the traditional 'rondawels' (African hut style with thatched roof)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Libode
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A unique experience. We needed a stopover on the WIld Coast and found Trennery's in The Rough Guide, which lists it as "a marvelous family hotel, founded 1928". I had visions of a Victorian hotel, but actually it is cottages - just like a nice oldtime beach motel in Baja California. It has activities for children - trampoline, tennis, a very small pool by the eating area, long beautiful beach a couple hundred feet away, bicycles, and nannies. There is guided hiking and boat trip to a beautiful gorge, which we missed. The staff is friendly; the food and bar good standard fare. It seems to be run by a somewhat eccentric family, reminding me of the BBC series "Fawlty Towers". Information may not be volunteered We came down a hellish dirt road from Kentani after dark, with people and animals on it. Only on leaving did we find the easy way was by the pont. Beautiful scenery in a quiet isolated area. At that time of year, the only other guests were a large business group.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shadow010
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Over the Easter weekend my friends and I went to Trennerys, we often come for a weekend and Its always a fun and memorable experience. With so much activities to do, one can never be bored. The staff and Management team are welcoming and cater to the needs of their guests. In addition they are helpful and warm spirited. Trennerys is definatly the perfect holiday getaway and you will most certainly not be dissapointed. Keep up the good work xoxo.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends