“A gorgeous B & B”
Review of Riverside Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camerton
Riverside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Camerton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I only had a day in Bath but so enjoyed my delightful stay with Karen and Alan. Excellent hosts in a gorgeous georgian home. Nothing was too much trouble! Very quiet location and the most comfortable bed and pillows. I was travelling alone and felt really welcome! Thank you for your making my trip to Bath so memorable. Would love to come back!
Sharon
Australia

Room Tip: I had a room with an ensuite and it had a lovely sunny aspect with lots of lovely windows at the fro...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Having stayed with Karen and Allan last year there was no alternative but to ask them to take me a second time. I occasionally have work in Bath University and this house is located only a few miles away in beautiful countryside. Satnav takes you to their door. Oncei nside you can see the care and attention they make to welcome you and relax in their surroundings. A take the smallest room for my short stay and it is more than adequeate for my needs with all the necessities laid out for you. Wifi is available and free with a very good response. Breakfasts are to die for; quality and quantity very good to set you up for a day's work. Karen and Allan are very good hosts and are good at gauging if you want to talk or just chill out.
I will be back!

Room Tip: Keep to the Satnav to find in the dark!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Set in a rural location, the lodge is a beautiful building and Karen & Allan, superb hosts. We found them both very helpful, especially with recommendations for evening meals ( we can recommend the Faulkland Inn). The breakfasts were delicious and served at a time to suit us, rather than the usual set times. Our double en-suite bedroom was very spacious with a comfortable bed and little extras like fresh fruit and bottled water.
There is plenty to do in the surrounding area, with Wells & Cheddar close by and Bath & Bristol should you prefer to shop.
If a quiet but accessible place is required, with hosts who take the trouble to make their visitors very welcome, then try Riverside Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

If you go to Bath and don't mind staying just outside then this is the place for you. I booked this after a google search of B&B's near Bath and it was a great find and fab place to stay. Lovely house with comfortable beds. The owners were delighful and the breakfast superb. I thought it was excellent value for money and would definitely stay there again. Nothing was too much trouble and they suggested the two hour free walking tour of Bath which was brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2011

As promised previously, we returned to Riverside Lodge for our wedding anniversary this year. Karen and Alan, were, as we now expect, the perfect hosts again. It is so nice to be able to sit out in the garden with them in the evening, sipping wine and swapping stories and having some good belly laughs. Breakfasts are still fabulous, made from local produce and tasting delicious and served up at a time to suit you. The area is full of some of the most gorgeous countryside on offer, whether you choose Somerset, Wiltshire or Gloucester. If you prefer shopping then both Bath and Bristol are within a few miles of the Lodge. Longleat House is also within easy reach and the Safari Park there is well worth a visit.
All in all, we had another fantastic visit and will most definitely be back again, and we're both looking forward to it already
ps. I almost forgot to mention the dogs, Ellie and Hattie, who are as lovely and playful as ever.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our family of six stayed at this B&B for two nights. We had one lovely, light-filled bedroom for four of us and another bunk room for the oldest two teens. Our hosts were friendly and helpful, getting dinner reservations for us, giving us directions, and even helping us park our car (still not used to driving on the opposite side). We loved their two friendly dogs, and spent a lot of time playing with them. The full English breakfast was just that--Full! and English! Wonderful food, more than we could eat. She even provided gluten-free toast for me, a very thoughtful gesture.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We normally refer to Alister Sawday guides before going away after enduring some awful places where people really shouldnt be exposing the public to their b&b's! However as we were due to visit a garden near Bath and it was my birthday I thought it wouldnt harm to see if anything was available at the last minuet. On my last research into Bath B&B's I found it was common for them to stipulate a minimum of two night stays.
I found this place first, not on Alister Sawday and it looked good, no two night stipuation either, reviews on here good so we took a leap of faith.

I was so glad we did, although it was my birthday, I was in a dreadful mood due to one or two things and its a testament to Karens warm and sunny personality that she warmed me up and made my birthday!

The place is almost French in style, lolvey gates and very lovely house ( i fell in love with the white flag stone floors), the room was extremly elegant and spacious with generous proportions a dressing area and a bathroom for only £5 more.

Karen knocked on the door with a glass of champagne for me which was so sweet. She also recomended a very good restuarant near by. The breakfast was excellent, delicous bacon and eggs and sausages of a high standard. All the guests sat round one table in a gorgeous dining area that lent itselt to summer but I couldnt but help wonder how fabulous it would be at christmas too.
The atmosphere was so casual and relaxed and chatty as they came in and out of their kitchen delivering toast and tea and the like it was great.

We have been very lucky and experienced the most wonderful hosts on our travels but also had the most dire experiences, so we do truelly appreciate great hosts especially when money is tight.

We couldnt fault it in anyway, the atmosphere, the decor, the room the bed ( very comfy) the breakfast and our hosts. We will hopefuly return with our daughter to sample more of the delights of the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camerton
The Roseate Villa Bath
6 mi away
The George Inn
The George Inn
#1 of 5 in Norton St Philip
Breconridge Bed and Breakfast
The Timbers Bed & Breakfast

Been to Riverside Lodge? Share your experiences!