Having used TA for many years this is the first time I have felt compelled to comment on a hotel to avoid fellow TA readers from making the same mistake we have.
If you are thinking of staying at Chateau Des Vigiers then beware.
If you want to play golf- then you are probably OK
However, if you want to eat here then you are in for a bad experience.
We stayed 2 nights.
On the first night our experience was poor - we thought we had been unlucky.
On the second night our experience was repeated and we knew the problem was the Hotel and not us.
Fish delivered to the table not fully cooked, lamb, duck and pork all very difficult to chew were the highlights of our two bad nights. Combined with the reheated potatoes and minimal vegetables, all in all a very poor experience.
Euro 60 for a bottle of house wine, undercooked fish and tough duck - not good value for money!
And then there are the staff.
When a customer has to send back a dish because it is still raw you might expect a simple apology or perhaps an enquiry from the maitre d' when the replacement dish arrives - was this OK?
In the case of this establishment - disinterest.
Would I stay here again - only if the room price was low enough.
Would I eat dinner here again - never.
I always think you should give a restaurant a second chance - in this case the second chance was worst than the first.
Lastly, the interest of management in a customers problems - disinterest - perhaps this is the route of this hotel's problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Chateau des Vigiers, luxury hotel golf & spa Luxury hotels, golf and spa situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Bergerac, South West France Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the WorldDating back to the 16th century and set amidst the famous vineyards of this beautiful and unspoiled region, Chateau des Vigiers is an internationally renowned luxury Hotel, Golf and Spa situated in the Dordogne Perigord region of South West France. Conveniently located just 25 minutes from Bergerac Airport and about an hour east of Bordeaux, Chateau des Vigiers offers its guests two uniquely different hotel experiences, tailored to individual tastes and requirements. Whether you want to tour the world-famous vineyards of Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion, play golf on our impressive 27-hole course, enjoy our region's finest food and wine, or be pampered in our Maria Galland Beauty Spa, you will be able to escape the fast-pace of everyday life in this secluded and tranquil setting. Your Chateau des Vigiers experience awaits. Step inside... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau des Vigiers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Vigiers Hotel Monestier
- Chateau Des Vigiers Monestier
- Chateau Des Vigiers France/Monestier