We stayed overnight in one of the Fernery Chalets (Porcupine I think) on our family adventure along the Garden Route. The location was wonderful overlooking a massive gorge complete with waterfalls and a stunning view out to the Ocean. The dinner and breakfast were very good and I found the main lodge very cosy. I would recommend making an advance booking for the dinner at the restaurant as it is quite small. The self-catering chalet was 5 star, modern, clean with every amenity you could want. I am very particular about our accommodation but it was simply perfect and the only downside was that our schedule would not allow us to stay a second night. Do not be put off by reviews that say it is too far from the main road as it is only 10 mins along a private, very scenic road. I will be recommending this place to all my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fernery Lodge and Chalets situated above a 30m waterfall with breathtaking views of the river gorge is the perfect romantic and peaceful getaway for natural lovers. The luxurious and opulent rooms in the lodge and the private chalets are each tastefully decorated with every effort made to ensure our guests' comfort. Each unit has a unique theme inspired by the magnificent surroundings. Start your day with a hearty breakfast and end off with a wander through the wine cellar where you can select a bottle of your choice before heading up to experience excellent cuisine in our plush diningroom with its special ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The Fernery Lodge & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Hotel Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Fernery Lodge And Chalets
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Tsitsikamma National Park/Storms River