“Exhilirating”

$45.80*
and up
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour is a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in the magnificent Tsitsikamma indigenous rainforest. The first of its kind in Africa, the canopy tour involves traversing from one platform to another along a steel cable suspended up to 30 meters above the forest floor
Cape Town Central, South Africa
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Exhilirating”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Absolute fun! Friendly, informed and helpful staff. Very safe. Warning – even though you are in the most beautiful rainforest area, don’t think you will spend your time necessarily thinking eco-stuff … the emphasis is on the slide from one platform to another and the accompanied yelling and laughing and screaming. An opportunity to connect with your inner child. The highlight of our stay in the Garden Route!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Valsad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once in a lifetime experience..............”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I did this adventure activity during my visit to South Africa in March 2013. I am not a adventure loving person neither I have the guts to do such an adventure but Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour team guided me in such a way that now I am fan of such adventure activites. I cannot believe myself that I would be able to such a act. This was my first experience and believe me it's one of my lifetime experiences. Must do

Visited March 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Forest Adventure !”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were able to book a slot for two of us just by sending across an email which the staff promptly replied to. The place is easy to locate on GPS and the entire set-up was very efficient and safety focussed. There is ample parking and a lot of other activities you can do in the vicinity.

The adventure starts from getting suited up and then a drive to the forest. Two guides and a photographer accompany you on the trip. But do keep in mind that you can carry your own cameras and the wonderful guides don’t mind taking your pictures from your own camera. There is no undue pressure to buy the video or pictures from the official photographer !

The length and height of the swings vary and soon you end up jumping off from one tree even though you can’t see where the rope ends ! Even though I am very scared of heights, the guide's good humour kept the nervousness in check. After the 10 swings, there is a short hike up to the point where you can meet your driver and ride back to the office (where a hot snack is waiting for you)

It is a definite must do on the garden-route!

Cape Town
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT ECO ADVENTURE WITH A TOUCH OF ADRENALINE”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have done quite a few crazy adventure activities over the years from Para > flying in a fighter jet > abseiling etc etc. However I do admit that I really enjoyed the professional staff and approach by TCT and all in our group had a time....this will definitely become a "must do" for my future tours to the Garden Route. This company is organized and cares for its community and the staff are fun, relaxed BUT alert and professional. Sincere thanks to Lukkie and Werner....hey the toasted sammie at the end with chips was a welcome bonus....see you soonest possible..

Port Macquarie, Australia
“Excellent and professional tour guides”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

6 of us arrived without a booking and were fitted in immediately. There was a strong emphasis on safety without making you feel too nervous Our guide Emo had a good knowledge of the flora and fauna which he eagerly shared. He also had a great sense of humour. I would definitely recommend this tour