Suneast Bungalows
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot showerbahtpoolbeachbedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We didn't stay in a bungalow just one of the hotel rooms. They were very basic however cheap at 1000b a night about 20eur! The hotel is in a great loaction on Chaweng Beach, lots to do & less than 10 mins drive to Samui airport. An ideal place to stay if only stopping over for a quick visit!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaMayDublin
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My ten day stay at the Suneast was one of the more relaxing places that I stayed during my five week trip to Laos and Thailand. The staff at the Suneast did their best to make me feel that I was more than a hotel guest when they greeted me in the morning when I began my day with a walk along the beach at sunrise and closed out my day with a cold "Singha" beer at the end of my day. When I checked in I was delighted that they the hotel staff remembered me from an earlier visit and treated me as if I was someone who was important and on a daily basis did their best to make sure that all of my needs were taken care of...The next time I visit Koh Samui there is no doubt that I will be making arangements to return to the Suneast and take advantage of all of the services that are readily available.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JAZRColumbiaHeights
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed 4nights here 2weeks ago with my boyfriend, we booked it when we got there and stayed in the hotel part of the complex... It was clean, large rooms lovely staff who were very helpful. The hotel is located practically on the beach next to the Ark Bar which is a popular beach bar. The complex also has a lovely pool.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nerysh
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I am fairly new to Tripadvisor and I stayed at this place 3 years ago. I liked this place so very much that I thought I should review it, even after all this time. I was initially booked into a cute very budget place called Chaweng Gardens, right down the other end of Chaweng Beach, but being a girl travelling on my own at a more quiet time of the year, I was a little nervous about being there alone at night, so started looking for somewhere else closer to the action and more people. I enquired at many resorts/hotels along the main road and Chaweng Beach and looked at quite a few rooms, even expensive ones, but nothing appealed until I saw this place from the beach. It looked expensive and well-maintained from the beach, so I was amazed how cheap it was. I ended up choosing one of the cheap rooms away from the beach end, which was very functional for me. The more expensive bungalows closer to the beach looked just lovely. I felt very safe and happy here and had a good time, the pool and location are to die for. Have a look at their website for how lovely it is. The only major drawback for me was that, just like the rest of Thailand, including the swanky resort I stayed in when I moved on to Phuket - it seems the beds are hard everywhere you go!

As mentioned in another review, the rocking hotel/bar next door can make a bit of noise - but is a great place to visit if you feel like contributing to the noise. :) I always take earplugs when I travel...

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank Poniesnpuppies
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I booked this hotel direct with the hotel, I was a little worried as they didn't take any payment so I phoned a couple of times to confirm. We arrived and everything was absolutely fine. We upgraded to the deluxe room but it was still quite basic. This hotel is fine if you are travelling or single. The location is great, you are right on the beach but at night this isn't such a good thing, you are kept awake by the music, it was terrible New Year's Eve as the club next door didn't stop until about 6am! The DJ was still wishing us a Happy New Year at that time! LOL I didn't think the rooms were that clean and it was one of those rooms I just didn't feel comfortable in. The pool was nice enough and the staff were nice, but I wouldn't stay there again purely coz I like a bit more luxury when I'm away!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple