All reviews eden beach short walk the main road fisherman's village bathroom noise property cleanliness koh pool accommodation island
Reviewed March 11, 2018

The first thing you need to know is that this place is under new ownership, so you really do need to discount old negative reviews and management replies.
The White Cottage is perfectly located 3 minutes walk from the beautiful Eden Beach. The rooms are clean, the giant bed is super comfy and the staff really can't do enough to help you. I stayed at WC for 5 nights in February while I was looking for a more permanent place as I'm now based in Koh Samui. I will be recommending White Cottages to every single one of my friends when they come to visit, it's outstanding value for money
Thanks again everyone
Craig

Room tip: Perfect Location. Friendly helpful staff
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed January 19, 2018

We stayed at the White Cottage for a week during a 3 week visit to Malaysia and Thailand.
Positives: Location, staff, breakfast, bedrooms, pool, cleanliness
Negatives: Sorry but I struggled with the concrete bathrooms and prefer bathrooms to be tiled. I have no doubt that they were perfectly clean as everywhere else was but because it was concrete they just didn't feel clean.
This didn't spoil our stay and I would come back if we return to Koh Samui

Room tip: There are only 11 rooms and they are all nice
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Booked the place but unsure of what we would find - some of the reviews are not great, and the owner's replies seem arrogant and a bit annoying.
Surprise surprise - we spent 8 nights at this place, and it was a good find- very close to the beach and thankfully 100m from the street (noisy street, any closer and it would have been disturbing).
Nice staff - especially Aeed but also the cleaning ladies who made our bed with various arrangements on it almost every day.
Even the owner was smiling and helpful - a clear case of people who are nicer in reality than in writing.
Close to fisherman's village but not so close to be disturbed by noise from various events in the village; and with a nice pool.
We booked some trips through them, that also went well.
And finally on the plus side: it s not a 5star hotel but there are many nice touches in the room and a biiig bathroom.
Only suggestion: I think the red & blue towels may need to be replaced, they were too thin.
Signed: the towel freak.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mih_strikes
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Conveniently located, just 10 minutes away from Fisherman's Village and 2 minutes away from the beach by feet, The White Cottage is a small, quiet, friendly, clean, charming, and comfortable place, definitely a good value for money hotel in Koh Samui. The French owner and his team are lovely and will make you feel at home. I spend a week there in July and I'm planning to go back there later in the year.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Marion L
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Clean, beautiful, friendly staff, comfy beds, tea/coffee facilities, breakfast, clean pool, air conditioning that works! We were booked elsewhere, but the room was hot with only a fan and too small. Walked around to find another place and while White Cottage is not on the beach front, it is a short walk away. The cleanliness and sheer setting is so awesome, we fell in love!

Room tip: No tips needed all the rooms Loki lovely
Date of stay: July 2017