“very cosy and relaxing”
Review of Eden Bungalows

Eden Bungalows
Ranked #13 of 160 Bophut B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Eden is located in Bophut, close to all activities at Fisherman's village. Thr small resort is about 50-100 meters from the beach, just behind the beach road. The area is very quiet and there are no cunstruction works nearby, which is common on the island unfortunately. The resort is owned and operated by the french family. The hotel's area is VERY green with a small pool in the middle. The rooms may vary in size and not all of them are superb. But we stayed already twice at Jasithe room. This room is small, but a charming character with a see-through ceiling at shower and a big sofa. Breakfasts are not included in the rates, so you have an option to choose between hotel's offer and other cafes or 7-11's.
The stuff could be more communicable, but in general it's very nice place with a great value.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2009

We spent a week here in late July. I chose Eden Bungalows as I was looking for a quietish resort and a hotel within my budget that could offer me family rooms ( ie interconnecting and with twin beds for the kids rather than a double) a good pool and a restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay here, it was just surpassed by Salad Hut on Ko Phangan, else I'd have rated it near perfect. The hotel is French-run as noted in other reviews, and so there were bound to be a lot of other French guests there - from that point of view it was not overly friendly for us, but that didn't matter. There was a mix of other nationalities, no other British while we were there. The pool is nice tho not very large, but was attractive, and had a shallow and deep end so it suited the kids fine, most rooms are arranged round the pool; we stayed in a "family classic bungalow" - this was actually 2 bungalow rooms with an interconnecting door - the rooms were very large, in dark teak, with ample furniture but rather dim lighting. The bathrooms were a bit on the basic side but nothing that I can complain about. There was a good choice of food at breakfast, a mix of Thai and Western food at lunchtime, in the evening the restaurant seems to be run by different people as purely a Thai restaurant. Once a week there is a Thai BBQ / fondu night and this was very good indeed. The beach is just across the road but due to other buidlings you can't see it, so you don't feel as tho you are that close. The beach is narrow and the sea is not crystal clear here and shelves quite sharply, but it is absolutely fine, (not a problem as cited in a review or two). All in all a place we'd happily go back to unless we could find somewhere that felt more "boutiquey" at a similar price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

stayed here twice. Bo Phut is lovely. We had a bungalow, it was nicely decorated, good size, funky outdoor bathroom. Hotel has nice pool and serves cheap enough decent food. Would go back to this hotel no problem.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I was a lone traveler to Ko Samui and only had accommodation for the first three nights so relied on The Lonely Planet for finding hotels(look for the listing for Eden). Whilst staying in lamai I decided to spend an evening in Bophut and loved every minute of it. I enjoyed Lamai but found few single travelers and many people had children. Bophut is a little more up-market and seemed to cater more for people my age (40) with some great places to eat and drink.Eden Bungalows was great with very nice rooms with a safe, mini bar, ceiling fan, separate air con and the most comfy bed I slept in for the whole of the two weeks. Bathrooms were good too and had hot water. The hotel has 12 rooms which were all very close to the pool so not a trek to your room, great food, try the Eden for breakfast. I loved the staff they were so friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs, I was there during Songkran which is their New Year and all the staff joined in the water fight and seemed part of the family...nice to see. The owner of the hotel is a French man called Gerald, fascinating to watch as he never stopped working on the hotel to fix things help people and great at cocktail making. Because he never stopped the hotel was very well maintained and seemed to run very smoothly. Gerald made me welcome from the start as the weather was dreadful so I sat at the bar chatting with him and his staff which I believe was genuine and not because they had to, he will also do you a decent glass of wine if you get sick of Singha. I feel bad as I can't remember her name but he had a Thai girl that worked with him who knew everything, spoke great English and was very friendly, if I had a hotel I would want her working for me. I enjoyed every minute of my stay and am at a loss with reviews that complain about the mosquitoes.......if you don't like mosquitoes then don't go to Thailand and probably better still don't leave your house. I also thought the beach was lovely and the sea was calm unlike Lamai and Chawang so much safer to swim. I really didn't want to leave and would go back again tomorrow if I could, I wouldn't go back to Thailand without a stay at Eden Bungalows.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Rude, unpleasant and worst of all aggressive French owner who enjoys to argue and make a scene. We ended up forefeiting our 4000 baht deposit and going elsewhere as we did not feel safe around this man. We later discovered that he is renowned on the island for his ill nature. Accomodation itself is basic and extremely overpriced, the 'swimming pool' is better described as a childs paddling pool and the beach accross the road is dirty and not very inviting. I would not recommend anyone to stay here, but if you choose to stay I strongly recommend you do not argue witht he owner as I suspect he could turn violent if you let it get that far.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank l3ean
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Have arrived back after spending 4 nights at Eden Bungalows during our honeymoon. We arrived to 2 free cocktails at the bar and fresh flowers in the room. Staff are friendly, and the setting is beautiful. We had an exotic bungalow set back from the road surrounded by lush greenery. Bo Phut is one of the quieter parts of the island with no ladie bars and with the bungalows near the end of the stretch. Theres a small pool and a snooker table and a varied menu. They made our 4 nights in Thailand very enjoyable and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Absolutely beautiful - I stayed here with my boyfriend in Feburary 2008 and couldn't fault anything - neither of us wanted to leave.

The bungalows are lovely and set in tropical gardens - there's a small pool as well which was nice although we spent most of our time on the beach. When we arrived there were fresh flowers on the bed and tables etc. The outdoor shower was my favourite part, all fully plumbed but gave it a quirky, cute twist. They were clean, air con very good, a lovely seating area outside looking into the gardens - all perfect.

Surprised to read a review that said no-one swims in the sea at Bo Phut - it's definitely true that this side of the island doesn't have the clearest water because it's a little more exposed I guess, but it's only the sand being stired by gentle waves, we're really not talking about a dirty beach here! The beach is quiet, and the few people there with us were also in the sea, as we were. Bo Phut is also a great base to explore from anyway - there are some prettier beaches on the island but many of them were very busy and touristy - we were relieved we'd chosen a quieter area to stay in. It's also easy to get from here to Ko Phangnan and explore the marine park and for diving trips on Ko Tao.

Evenings in Bo Phut were really special - we enjoyed fondu at the restaurant where we had fresh sea food and meats, noodles, vegetables and broths at the table at the Eden Bungalows. Most of the other nights we ate elsewhere to explore the little fishing village - we both loved the Starfish and Coffee where the food was delicious, the ambience relaxed and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank KerewinJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
ibis Samui Bophut
Peace Resort
Peace Resort
#32 of 184 in Bophut
Secret Garden Beach Resort

Been to Eden Bungalows? Share your experiences!