Eden Bungalows
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswalking streetfisherman's villageclassic roomair consmall wardrobelow seasonminute walkhot waterislandmosquitoesbeachchawengbaht
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After arriving in Fisherman's Village in March 2013, Boput with no hotel booked I wandered into Eden Bungalows which lies on the main street of this peaceful resort and is only yards from the beach where I checked in and ended up staying there for 10 nights.

The bungalow which I stayed in lay down a winding path at the very back of a tropical garden with water features, a hammock and swimming pool, it was really cosy and spotless, in fact the bungalow itself, the garden, pool and location to the beach in the resort was so laid back and relaxing and made a great base for nights out in the village and Chaweng where the action is and the other smaller resorts nearby.

The hotel is owned by a French couple and in the pleasant bar area they served breakfast and dinner etc with all kinds of European and Thai dishes, I paid 1,500 TB per night which was worth it (breakfast not included).

I was so relaxed here in this hotel with how laid back it was, the hot weather and location etc that I didn't want to leave and I miss the place and wish I was there right now.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TooWander
bilette, Propriétaire at Eden Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Location: beach is on the other side of the street, restaurants, bars very close. Bophut beach is not big and not crowded. In February no strong wind and calm sea
Hotel: nice small lobby, bar, library, biliard, in the evenings even the owner was there chatting with the guests. Tropical garden beautiful with fountains and flowers.
Room: we had room Jasmin, quite big, bed comfortable, aircon ok (a pity it is right above your head but you can put it low fan), unique open-air bathroom(!). Some issues with the safe but staff fixed it. Terrace in the middle of the garden, cute.
Staff: one lady was particularly friendly, helped with the safe and explained where to go and what to do, but in general everybody was nice.
Kitchen: kitchen is surprisingly good.Breakfast is also ok, you have various options like French, Tropical, etc.
And do not worry about so much French, on the end of the day you will feel like you are in Thailand!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at Eden Bungalows quite a few times as it is so friendly, quiet but also central. The decor of the bungalow rooms are is very cool with a nice verandah and I love the tropical gardens! The French owner & staff are very friendly there too.

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor superior rooms as they are spacious, with great decor and a sofa (which turns into a single bed) & a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've just finished a most pleasant week at Eden bungalows. The bungalows are adequately appointed, spacious and clean; If you intend to stay indoors on your holiday then perhaps Eden is not for you. It's a family friendly little place and the pool is ideally designed for the kiddies and adults to have a splash about. The staff were always helpful and friendly enough.

It is, of course, natural enough that French speakers should gather together in one place; Bo Phut has several of these little enclaves and as an Englishman I didn't feel at all slighted. The French owner was always busying himself around the place and we always exchanged civilised pleasantries.

I suppose that Eden's strongest point is that it is on the street front and only yards from some great restaurants and bars but you get what you pay for on KS and can pay as much or (almost) as little as you like. For what I paid I though that I got good value from Eden.

p.s. They accept only cash payment.

Room Tip: If you have a ground floor'bungalow' room you may be disturbed if upstairs is occupied by elephants but I was lucky enough and most bungalows are, I think, stand alone.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I first stayed at Eden Bungalows five years ago and gave the place a conditional thumbs-up. Alas, the things that put me off in 2007 have gotten only worse while the quality-of-service touches that could have balanced them out are nowhere to be seen. And so the thumb has turned.

One reviewer nailed it: Eden Bungalows seems to exist mainly as a party venue for the French proprietor and his mates, who occupy every stool at the bar on any given night. The "hotel" part of the business seems to be a terrible imposition that they must abide. As the bar is situated at the Eden entrance, we felt obliged to scurry in and out so as not to intrude on their fun.

When we checked in, the proprietor had his head buried in a newspaper and never so much as acknowledged our presence; instead, a young Thai woman standing nearby at the reception desk offered a perfunctory welcome and showed us to our quarters.

Our upstairs bungalow room was clean and tastefully appointed, but Eden seems to have dispensed with the floral touches on the bed and in the bath that I remembered from my earlier visit -- not a huge deal but indicative of the slide in attention to the guest experience. Really, the owners need to audit their competition to catch up on the amenities that travelers consider standard: Complimentary waters in the fridge, a complimentary instant-coffee setup, TV, and at least a continental breakfast. (None, none, none, and none.) On the plus side, they do have good free wi-fi.

Just two doors down from Eden Bungalows we discovered a much friendlier establishment that offers all those amenities, and more, for about the same money. We cut Eden loose after just one night and moved to the new place for the remainder of our stay on Koh Samui.

I am giving Eden Bungalows three stars, not two, because the hotel itself does not deserve a "poor" designation, and because the proprietor's wife, Lydia, is actually a very pleasant and helpful person. (I got to speak with her five years ago; unfortunately she was nowhere to be seen this time.) I recommend that she seize control of the front of the house and banish her husband and his mates to someplace where they won't have to studiously ignore the troublesome riff-raff who help pay the bills.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple