Yes, I've had a better stay at another resort, but the Melati was definately not the worst place I've ever stayed.
The staff are friendly. The gardens pool and beach are beautiful. The rooms were kept clean and the bed was massive (if a little to hard for my liking).
We enjoyed spending the morning around the resort, heading into Chaweng in the early evening by 'private taxi' for around 500THB (really not that expensive, given that we were a group of six and always required a van) and then spending some time in town before escaping the raucous party street that is Chaweng Beach Rd. We found that we could get back to the resort by Songthaew (a local shared taxi truck) and the cost would not be that much different for our group of 6.
We would then return to the hotel for a late dinner, or evening cocktails at the swim-up bar in the pool.
All in all it was a great time and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut