“Not perfect, but pretty good”

Ranked #22 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
“Not perfect, but pretty good”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Yes, I've had a better stay at another resort, but the Melati was definately not the worst place I've ever stayed.

The staff are friendly. The gardens pool and beach are beautiful. The rooms were kept clean and the bed was massive (if a little to hard for my liking).

We enjoyed spending the morning around the resort, heading into Chaweng in the early evening by 'private taxi' for around 500THB (really not that expensive, given that we were a group of six and always required a van) and then spending some time in town before escaping the raucous party street that is Chaweng Beach Rd. We found that we could get back to the resort by Songthaew (a local shared taxi truck) and the cost would not be that much different for our group of 6.

We would then return to the hotel for a late dinner, or evening cocktails at the swim-up bar in the pool.

All in all it was a great time and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home to stay on Samui Island

The team and I are glad appreciated your feedback and we are glad you had a great time with us.

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I will be sharing your review with the all team.

I hope you had a safe journey on the way back home and we wish to welcome you again in a near future at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.

If you have additional comments, feedback or for future reservation please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've stayed in worse and I've stayed in better, much, much better hotels. The hotel is located out of the way down a side road from the main road. A taxi out from the hotel is incredibly overpriced - when you challenge the prices vs local prices you're advised well it's a private taxi. Well, aren't most taxis private?! You expect a small mark up but not double the fare. The hotel run a shuttle 3 times - random times a day to Chaweng - see if you can match these up and then get a taxi from there for where you want to go to.
There are no air conditioned public areas, which, can make for an uncomfortable day if you have to wait around for your flight. Go to the airport early and hang out there as they have a/c cafes. You'll be cooler.
There's no denying the location has the wow factor when it comes to the views from the beachside pool and restaurant but it's just missing that je ne sais quoi. A couple of times we ordered taxis and were questioned why we wanted to go to our chosen location - almost rudely. I don't expect to be questioned, not on holiday. I answer only to myself.
The food & beverage staff make it here - in particular Jack at the beachside restaurant, always smiling and very pleasant.
We, sadly, were left wanting and were left with a bitter taste in our mouths that we'd splashed the cash for something amazing for ourselves but that we didn't get what we expected.

1 Thank Where_I_wander
Dear valued guest,

I well noted for your comments regarding our limousine service and not "taxi" as we do not provide and work with any taxi company at Melati. We are providing only our personal shuttle bus service and our limousine services. Our limousine service could be time to time higher price than a local taxi but we are offering a personalized and secure limousine service what is it not with local taxi.

I'm really sorry to read you didn't get what you expected as at the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time.

I will be sharing your review with the all team and we will work harder for improvement.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel grounds are beautiful and the private beach is gorgeous. The rooms are very nice, but there were a couple of things we found very disappointing. While the restaurant staff was amazing, the front desk staff was overall rude and standoffish. When we asked the blonde concierge for assistance, she told us to google it. The other staff members were equally unhelpful. Also, the food was average at best but extremely overpriced. Finally, when we tried to get a cab to the airport, we were quoted different prices by the different front desk staff. All of the quoted prices were ridiculously high, and the lack of consistency was annoying.

3 Thank AnnaV592
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your room and experienced "amazing" service staff at our restaurant View.

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I well took note on your comments regarding our front desk team.

I must tell I'm very surprised to receive such feedback as we consistently receiving guest comments for our courteous and professional front office team, specially the lady you mentioned as "blonde concierge". She is one of our most recognized associate.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon for a two week stay April- May. Having never been to Thailand before we were not too sure what too expect.
When we first arrived we were greeted with cold towels, cold water and a flower bracelet for myself, It was such a lovely touch to feel so welcomed and we thought it couldn't get any better from there. The resort itself is AMAZING! Incredible views from almost every point and the beach is immaculately kept, just like everywhere else in the hotel. The rooms are spacious with everything you could possibly need!...UK plug socket, your own beach bag to use the whole stay, flip flops if you don't have your own pair, they really think of everything just to make your stay as easy as it can be. Housekeeping came whenever you wanted and even when we didn't they always called the room to see did we need anything at all. The cleanliness of the resort is a credit to them as there was never one thing out of place. I have never trusted staff in a hotel as much before with my belongings about because I knew everything would be safe.
The resort has two restaurants, which we ate in regularly, and neither disappointed, not once! A big selection on the menu for all types of dishes including european and thai, all freshly cooked to perfection, as well as the breakfasts which were delicious!
Last but certainly not least, the staff were beyond amazing in the whole resort! From Laura, Mai and the girls at reception that could not have done enough for you. Nothing was a task to them they would have bent over backwards for any guest and it was noticeably seen. From eating regularly in the restaurants we grew to know some of the staff, and a few of them stood out. Saifah was always a friendly face to see and was so eager to please whatever you wanted was no problem at all, you can see he puts so much work into his job and it pays off as his staff are second to none. Jack and Korn were incredible the whole stay, by remembering us every time we came to eat it made us feel so welcome, they could not have been any better at their jobs as because of them alone we would come back here and I hope they are recognized for that. Guy the activity manager is also amazing, so helpful and a genuinely nice man, you can tell he really loves his job with all the work he puts in.
Last and certainly not least Brian, the manager was so generous in giving us so much of his time to ask us questions about ourselves, our stay and day to day things. You can see he really cares about this hotel as it was very noticeable the long days - and nights he puts in for his work, and it shows his great relationship with his staff and guests.
All the staff at the Melati resort were so kind to us from the minute we got here. I am pleased to say I have never been in a hotel with staff as pleasant, helpful and eager to please and because of this we will most definitely be back and I really, really hope they are all given recognition for their very hard work, including Brian from higher management!..
It just doesn't get much better than here!

Ps. The 'Disappointed' review people must be crazy because that wasn't the same Melati resort we stayed at!

4 Thank SCMcEvoy
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort, the restaurants and the service staffs.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. We stayed there for 6 nights and found it very hard to leave the place as the staff who were nothing but friendly, accommodating and caring. The purpose of our trip to Koh Samui was to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday and this hotel stood out for value of money plus the location on the island was perfect for us as it is close to Fishermans Wharf and Chewang Beach. On this actual birthday they arranged a cake and presented it to him at breakfast; so nice. On the 3rd day I suffered from really bad food poisoning (NOT from the hotel), they arranged for a taxi to take me to the hospital and back to the hotel, the next day there was a lovely bunch of flowers with a get well note. It’s touches like these that make a hotel like stand out from the rest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I were to ever go back to Koh Samui, I’d stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean and the bed was massive - luxuary!
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your place to celebrate your husband 50th birthday, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

The team and I are glad you was touched by our service.

Madrid
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is how I feel upon arrival. I booked this hotel 2 months in advance for 5 nights mainly due to the nice reviews I saw here, I will reconsider it for next time. The soon we arrive they said our room type is not avalaible and they will make an upgrade, lucky me I toiugh, no, actually is how they deal to do not recognize their own mistake , coz the upgrade was just for 1 night, the day after we were requested to leave the room by 12.00 despite our new room was not ready till 14.00 which I consdier absolutely unacceptable and I how them, after I complaint they "allow" me to saty in the room till 14.00 h. Every day after we left the room for breakfast, we expected to found it properly done and tidy, no day it was done, not even after lunch when we return for a nap after about 3 to 4 hours in teh pool or the beach they never did it; I called many times they promissed to come and nothing happens till I start to yell on them, seems you have to be a rude person otherwise they dont care. Mention separately is the food, stupidly pricey for extremely average quality; nothing was fresh, 3rd class seafood and inexistent thai specialities in Thailand!western food pretty untasty and low quality too. Concierge services the poorest I ver seen; we requested for information about a tout and the aussi girl sitting there just surfed on internet to check it and asked me to do teh same when I asked about the aquarium park , etc. All the rooms are conneceted thus I have to wake up every day at 6-7 am not because of my daughther who use to sleep well til 9.00 am but becasue of my neighbourghs, I complainened twice nothing happens, I asked to change my room, no room avalaible; exactly the sme last day my fligth depsrta 15.30 I asked for late check out (same the one in my room on my 2nd day did) and no room avalaible.
Last but not the least, they arrange for taxi to Chongweng one of those days, costs was 400 THB while from the aiport to the hotel was 500 THB for the same distance, fine; the ridiculous situation was on the alst minute after I already asked to arrange a taxi for cathcing my fligh backk; they organise the van an billed 200 THB per person, included my baby who is not even 2 years yet; thata was the straw thata borkes the camel's back honestly I never received such a poor service just thinking on money all the time. These people mix up the things, receibing 100 times the salutatio sa va dee kap is not a good service but a pain in the neck, I go Thailand for working every month and this is not how it works. I have never ever been treated worst in a definitely non cheap place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Alvaro M
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment and unsatisfactory experience at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.
As customer service remains our top priority, feedback such as yours enables us to improve our service, facilities and therefore we are very grateful to you for bringing the issue to our attention.
On behalf of the management and the resort team, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your partner, please be advised that your experience in no way reflects our dedication to our valued guests.
We are currently establishing an intensive training program for the front office team to ensure that no similar incidents can occur. Melati Beach Resort & Spa has served Koh Samui for over seven years and has done so by offering wonderful accommodation in a warm and caring environment.
We would also take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage - we do hope that the above misgivings will not prevent you from considering our hotel the next time you are in Samui.
If you have additional comments, feedback please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Where to start! We stayed here for 10 days and on the 3rd day we had our wedding. Marnie did a wonderful job in communicating with us before we arrived organising everything for our wedding. We became a little concerned due to us never have been to Melati, Koh Samui. But from the moment we arrived the staff were outstanding, everyone was so friendly and did everything to accommodate our needs.
Our wedding was absolutely stunning (maybe a little biased) but in all honesty Marnie catered to our every need. Everything we asked for we got, and more. We would it again in a flash. Our guest were also very impressed with Melati
The grounds are beautiful with gardeners maintaining it everyday. The food was excellent (a shame there are not more options) The pools are amazing, the Spa is fantastic value, we did pamper ourselves almost everyday (it was our honeymoon of course)
Thank you again Marnie, and a special mention to John who made our stay very pleasant and all the other staff at Melati.
Ive posted a few photos of our wedding

Room Tip: The Pool Villa is amazing, you have your own pool and the room is huge.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home on Koh Samui and thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
The Team joins me in expressing our gratitude for such a nice review; we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We actively contribute to provide our guests with the best possible experience and I cannot wait to share your feedback with everyone here at Melati Beach Resort & Spa certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#5 of 186 in Bophut
Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Been to Melati Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!