Melati Beach Resort and Spa is a gorgeous place to holiday, we were there for 7 nights, we had our own little private pool and villa which was so so stunningly decorated and comes with an enormous - actually the biggest King size bed we have ever slept in, and it was incredibly comfortable! Breakfast was also an amazing feast, you quite literally can get anything you want or need and the staff are so willing to help you at any time with anything you need. I cannot rave about the staff enough, they are all so so lovely and so incredibly polite and courteous.
The pool bar is fantastic, they have a happy hour twice a day (thats 2 for one), and they run around serving up drinks to everyone, so sweet, we enjoyed their strawberry and banana smoothies with masses of crushed ice, and they make a really great pina colada!
Although this is not an island resort that you could do much snorkelling the water seems constantly heavily cloudy but there are day visits you can do out to a national park, we did not go there so I cannot rate that, as we did not want to spend a day where it takes about 2 hours by speed boat each way to get there when we only had 6 days to really relax.
We did hire motor bikes and that was an absolute blast, at $10. for 24 hours it is worth the fun ride! The spa treatments there in the resort are really great, I also had a few treatment poolside, actually I preferred this as you get the lovely sea breezes at the same time. Although you can get very cheap massages in the local town Chaweng, we tried "Glorias" a few times the women there were lovely too, but the Melati Spa is so much better it is worth paying the extra for location and better treatments.
There are two big swimming pools, the ocean view pool is the best, it is a gorgeous huge pool that appears to connect to the sea, and has a bar in it that you can sit up at and sip away at your cocktails.
The chef at Melati is unbelievably good, we ate at their restaurant by the sea a number of times at night, and every lunch time, and of course the breakfasts, but the food is really superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut